z

Young Writers Society

Looking for co-writers

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:16 pm
winniethepooh4102 says...

Hi,
I’m looking for co-writers. I have a real unfinished in my life story and a project for a novel named "The thing in us". Please visit my website [EDITED] and see my project there. To those who are interested I can tell more about my intentions.
Excuse me I forget to tell that I’m from Bulgaria, 51 years old, work as a doctor of children’s deseases and my story is in a connection with my childhood. I don’t know English very well , therefore I’m looking for co-writers on this forum. On the photo that’s me at 4 and a half as Winnie in the arms of Santa Klaus.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:01 pm
Rosendorn says...

Whoa, Nate (or any other mod/admin), isn't this site for people 13 to 29?

Purple members are really good at explaining things on here. It can just take awhile.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:51 pm

I have no intentions to pretend as a child and hope that here can find any writers though.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:34 pm
Rosendorn says...

Well, the two rules that we have are:

Review two pieces in the Liturature boards before posting anything of your own. The liturature boards can be found by clicking on the "Writing" tab in the header. It's asked you always keep the 2:1 ratio.

Avoid chat-speak. But I don't think this will be a problem.

A run-down of the boards:

The Information Desk has all the site updates and news bulitens. Keep an eye on this forum because this stuff is importaint.
About the Authors is where you can talk about yourself
Official Polls has, well, polls you can vote on and add comments if you want.
Book Reviews is where you can talk about your favourite books.
Contests is where you can enter different competitions to improve your writing. Some of them have really nice prizes.
Homework Help is pretty self-explanitory
Research is where you can ask for help on points like: What does a fox-cub weigh? (that was a random example)
Writing Activities has a bunch of threads like: Speedwrite the word above you.
Writer's Corner is where you can talk about your book(s) and/or ideas.
Writing tips is again, pretty self-explanitory
The Lounge is where you can chat, usually about things book/Young Writer's Socity related.
Subforum- Will Review for food is where you can ask for reviews. Just post on a person's thread with a link.
YWS Birthday Smash- When YWS has a birthday, this forum gets active.
Entetainment is where you talk about our favourite singers, movies and TV shows.
In The News is where you talk about events that are showing up.... in the news.
Randomness has got all the threads that don't make a ton of sense.
Young Writer's Literary Journal has got all the information on the YWS collection of short stories, poems and artwork.
Word Play has such fun games as: Rhyme me this and Change one letter.
Applications is where you look if you want to become and Instructor or a Greeter.

The coloured names:

Blue- Greeter. Their job is to make you feel welcome on YWS. They also answer any minor problems you have.
Purple- Instructors. Their job is to give you a very thorough critique of your work.
Light Green- Junior Mods. Mods in training, basically. They have mod powers in some forums.
Dark Green- Mods. They are who yoy go to when you have a major question about the site.
Red- Admins. They take care of making sure all the coding and the like is in the right place.

Any more questions, just ask.

And if anybody has more explanations, post them.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:39 pm
Meshugenah says...

I don't think YWS is the place to find what you're looking for. We're a young writers community, and as such, most of us are underage, and we help each other learn to write. What I think you're looking for is a much more professional service than what we offer.

If you have any questions, please PM myself or Nate, our webmaster/admin.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:36 am

I have a title, an idea and genuine story nobody in the world has. And I have too many events in my life proving my idea. I can write this book own myself but it will take me much more of time. As always Winnie is some lazy and is trying to make someone else to do his work. This was a joke anyway. I believe this is not a forum of scribblers but writers, young writers but writers. And for me is inough only one writer to help me. By the way does anyone knows this agency which is taking projects in all phases of accomplishment. I saw their website an year before but now cannot find it.
Whatever it was useful for me to attend your forum and to cross the s-words.
When Winnie was a child he was not knowing about his kinship in some way with Alexander Dumas son. Now he is trying to overcome him with his real story.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:18 am
Meep(: says...

Hello there,
As Meshugenah has stated,
We're all really young writers, so we will be of limited help,
For what you seek from us.

But if you're really insistent on the matter that we can help,
Perhaps you can complete your story,
Maybe some people will have a look,
Correct grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors,
Give a rough review on your plot,
But I think that's all we can really do for you.
You could also browse through the writing tips forums.

You should probably Google or Yahoo (whichever search engine you use),
For a writers website that is for adults around your age group,
Or at least one that isn't centred around young adults.
It would be more beneficial for you.
Most of us are here to write because we love writing,
So it is highly unlikely that we would know any agencies of the sort that you're looking for.

Anyway, good luck with the novel you are pursuing,
and have a nice day.
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:30 am

Sorry buds to say I’m leaving your forum. It’s not really the sunny place for me. I posted this photo to let you see what was Winnie at your age. I’m only in the begining but from this forum understood that my work is worth.
Bye. I wish you all the best. And frome the position of my age I can give you an advice: Look out to not get into a blind sleeve of the life where nothing interesting happen.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:46 am
Meep(: says...

他最后句子的意思是什么?
(What does he mean in the last sentence?)
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:35 am

POST FACTUM: Your uncle will write this book for you buds nevertheless. Children’s book. Got mail, beautiful mail from one agency. They are ready to help me. The first Pooh principle is: Believable is possible, unbelievable is impossible. The Pooh power is great and "The thing in us" works. Shut up Winnie! Don’t be a boaster!

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:58 am
infinitelyimagination says...

:) Hi uncle Winnie. I’m new here and saw your posts and your project. This idea for coop writing is not so bad. Can you explain me it in details? Because I want to become real and famous writer in a few months.My mail is infinitelyimagination@yahoo.com

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality