z

Young Writers Society

Oh no, I seem to be lost! Or just new.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:16 am
Feminition says...

Hey, I'm a fifteen-year old named Anna, and I really hope to become part of the community. I'm the opinion editor of my school newspaper, have always loved writing though I have atrocious handwriting, really, and also am hoping to become a graphic design artist. I love writing about historical themes, realistic fiction, and some sci-fi, though I do often step over those boundaries. I'm not too much of a fan of conventional romance, though sexuality in itself is a sort of turn on (that was horrible, sorry) for me in stories.

Anyway, again, I really hope I can get started, here!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:32 am
Jiggity says...

Hola, Fem!

I'm going to call you fem-bot at some stage. It's inevitable, so lets get that out of the way right from the start, okay, fem-bot? Cool.

So, welcome to YWS! It's *the* place to be for young writers. We like to keep to a 2:1 ratio of reviews to stories/poems that you post. Just to make sure you give back and everyone gets covered, yeah? Simple enough?

Awesome.

Also, we frown upon chat-speak, so try not to do that here. Respect the English language :P

But its cool to hear you write historical/sci--fi stuff, that's awesome. I have some interest there myself. Anyhow, if you need anything or are confused for any reason just give me a PM okay?

Cheers
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

5 Reviews

Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:51 am
Feminition says...

I will totally, totally reply at least 5x more than I post, I assure you. No worries.

Also, chat speak for me is a no-no, so you don't have to fret about that.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:59 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Hey there fem-bot, I guess I'll go with Jig on this one. :]
Welcome. We love getting newbies.
Just remember, if you post any of your writing, you have to make two reviews previously. If you keep that in mind, you're set for life.
PM me anytime if you're confused or just need a friend.
-jade.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:29 am
Meep(: says...

Cool!
A graphics design artist.
One of the possible ambitions I am considering.
Good luck with that!

Anyway, welcome to YWS!
I hope you have a funfunfunawesomefunfun time!
Because I have :D
As Jiggity has said, remember to read our rules and familiarise yourself with the community
I look forward to seeing your works up on the forums. (I think I've already spotted one.)
PM me for anything under the sun :)
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:13 am
Demeter says...

Hiya, Fem, I'm Dem!

Welcome to YWS. Your avatar is super cool. :)

I like realistic fiction. It would be nice to read your work some time!

For some reason, my brains are suffering from some sort of blackout, so I can't come up with anything witty or clever to say right now. I'm sorry about that.

But do PM me whenever you need something!

See you around and have fun!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:13 pm
Rosendorn says...

Graphic design, very cool. I have an interest there myself.

So, rules have been covered. Just wanted to drop by to say hi and welcome. It will not take long for you to feel right at home here.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

5 Reviews

Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:51 pm
Feminition says...

I'm really flattered by the replies!
I've already read the rules and such, so I'll probably start reviewing, then.
I'm really seeking a place to get rid of those annoyances in my writing, and I certainly hope this will be the right thing.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:00 pm
Firestarter says...

Welcome to the site! I was intrigued by your username, which seems like an amalgamation of feminine and premonition. And also because you mentioned historical themes and sci-fi, two very interesting genres for me. If you ever post anything of that kind, let me know.

Have fun!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

5 Reviews

Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:13 pm
Feminition says...

Firestarter wrote:Welcome to the site! I was intrigued by your username, which seems like an amalgamation of feminine and premonition. And also because you mentioned historical themes and sci-fi, two very interesting genres for me. If you ever post anything of that kind, let me know.

Have fun!

My god, someone has gotten it right, for once; people assume it's female and definition, or feminist and nation (which is an interesting thought, but none the less incorrect). And I certainly will, thank you.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Emerson says...

See I would have gone for feminine and ammunition... it seems like that to me, ha. Silly, silly.

Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions or need help finding something, feel free to message me. I'm also fond of the historical sorts of things, so if you write something I'll hopefully take a look at it. Or you could pester me, and then I'll certainly take a look at it. ^_~

Enjoy the site!

Additionally, since no one asked, what do you enjoy to read?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:35 pm
Night Mistress says...

oh, a graphic design person. That's my major.

anyways, welcome to the family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:53 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*Anna

Hey! Welcome to the place of writers.

I've never been an editor, but then I'm home schooled. So that's a bummer.

Oh. My. Goodness. Historical? Where? I'm sorry, I'm a huge (I mean, huge) historical fan. What era do you find the most fascinating to write about? For me, it's the 19th century.

Hahahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: I'm sorry (again), I find your last comment really funny and true in some ways for me. But that's another story...

Well, if you ever wanna chat, you can always do that.

See you around,

*Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:54 pm
Kyuubi says...

Wow..I thought I was the only non-greeter/moderator/instructor in here...but I'm not. So anyway, heylo! Like everyone else has proably said, welcome to our family. That sounded strange... Anywho, I think you'll enjoy it here. Everyone is really nice. If you have any queestions, feel free to send me a message.

~Wolfie~
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.
— Harold Coffin