z

Young Writers Society

Hey there people

Reviews: 3
Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:36 pm
Alleria says...

Hey there everyone. How are you all?

Anyways, my name's Alleria (no way am I giving out my real name on the net :wink: ) and I'm from Auckland, New Zealand. It's quite a lovely country to be in: beautiful scenery, nice fresh air and overall, quite peaceful. You guys should check out Queenstown should you ever come to New Zealand. It's classified as one of the world's most beautiful towns. It's surrounded by these mountains and nestled on the shores of the crystal clear Lake Wakatipu. Be sure to come during the Winter as it is amazing during that time.

Some of my friends online are like pretty envious that I live into New Zealand. It's a nice place and all, but having live here all my life, I've realized that all this peace and beauty does become quite a bore. I hope to one day live in another country like Australia. God I want to be living there one day, the heat, the climate, the culture, the beaches "drools lol".

I'm not exactly a writer myself lol. I just tend to have some interest in this particular area. I've always been quite fond of English and creating something that no one else has. I'm also quite fond of the fantasy genre. I think it's because basically, anything can happen with fantasy (so long as it is logical), not to mention it's a good way to escape reality :D I hope to one day at least get a fantasy novel published, but I know that's a distant dream :D

I've also noticed that there's an instructor usergroup on YWS which sounds pretty cool. I quite like giving feedback to people's work since I'm rather picky and nerdy like that.

My other hobby would have to be gaming. I own a Wii and PS3 (which are sitting comfortably in the lounge) and I would often go down to the Internet Cafe in the city central for Warcraft LAN. I also do swimming as a sport but I'm not that hardcore about it.

I think that's all I have to say lol. I'll talk to you guys soon.

Bye now!

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:37 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Hi Alleria! I hope that the weirdness in chat hasn't deterred you from our wonderful community. We're all really awesome, and if you stick around long enough you'll get used to it all. So, welcome to YWS, wonderful person. :)
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:45 pm
Rydia says...

Welcome, Alleria!

I've already met you in chat but it's lovely to read more about you and I think you're going to get along with everyone here just perfectly =)

If you have a question at all or even a couple or need a hand with somebody then get in touch with me or one of the other people with coloured names, we're always ready to help out.

Enjoy the site!

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Rosendorn says...

First off, glad I caught that chat was up....

Second, welcome to YWS! 'm guessing the rules have already been explained?

I'm a fantasy writer too. What's your favourite creature?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:07 pm
Alleria says...

Connie: Haha, thanks for the welcome. And it looks like I have to get used to the craziness in chat.

Kitty15: I'll be sure to be seeking those people for help. And thanks :)

Unicorn: Yea I've read the rules so I should be pretty set for YWS lol. And my favourite fantasy creature would have to be the harpy. They are such an underused fantasy creature. It upsets me :cry:

1272 Reviews

Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:28 pm
Rosendorn says...

Chat isn't usually that crazy. At least, when I'm usually there.

Harpy. The hounds of Zuse, correct? A very interesting creature for sure. Tamora Peirce uses a similar creature called a Stormwing.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:40 pm
Alleria says...

Yea I've read Tamora Pierce before (loved Trickster's Choice and Queen). Sadly, Stormwings weren't exactly the main characters. I would love to read a fantasy series where a harpy is one of the main characters (and the mythology/plot is based on the harpies). That would be cool beans :D

1272 Reviews

Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:48 pm
Rosendorn says...

Tricksters. Hrmm. The one Tortal universe I haven't read yet (three years since I've bought the book, and I refuse to get rid of it).

I personally like the eastern mythology. Like, phoenixes and Lung dragons.

Well, one thing authors say, if you can't find it, write it.
Last edited by Rosendorn on Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:48 pm
Rydia says...

Pierce is a lovely author. I like Gargoyles myself, and sirens =)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:06 pm
JabberHut says...

Hi and welcome to YWS! =D I'm Jabber The Hut. Call me whatever you wish. ^_^

Alleria wrote:(no way am I giving out my real name on the net )

Ooh, I like your style! :wink: Your username is very pretty though. I like it. It's so... fantasy-ish! ^^ *fantasy lover*

Wait. You like fantasy too? O: We're, like... cousins! Maybe a little distant... but cousins! O:

*huggles* Hi, cousin! =D

I like Tamora Pierce. Her books are easy to read and great entertainment. Fun books. ^_^ I haven't read the Tricksters' set, but I've been dying to. My favorite thus far is the... Uh oh... Protector of the Small quartet! :D Yes, I very much like that one. I got the Immortals set this Christmas too, so I'll be reading them in a bit. ^^

You're right! O: Harpies are never used, and you should totally tackle a story with a harby MC. That would be so epic. Like.. I'm shaking with excitement. That would be amazing! I've always been a fan of the Cerberus, but it's used quite a bit now. =/ You should join the Mythology Maniacs which has fun with fantasy creatures like harpies and three-headed doggies. ^_^ Or the Fantasy Fools is chuck-full of fantasy information and fun-ness.

There are plenty of NZ people here too! I'm friends with a few of them. And so, to add to my collection of [s]minions[/s] friends, would you like to be friends? :D

I'm an Instructor! They're the purple people around here, and I have a purple coat somewhere around here... but yes! They're quite a crazy bunch, but they're hard-working little fools. If you rack up a good amount of high-quality reviews here, we may definitely make a place for you!

O: A gamer too?! We're more than cousins. We're, lik... sisters. Twice removed. Or something. I dunno, but that is extremely epic! I love games. ^^ I play World of Warcraft for most of my gaming life, but I like venturing to different games. Squall, here, is definitely a gamer and he's from NZ. You should scout him out. ^_^

I've jabbered long enough (for now, bwahaha). I hope you have a fantastic lifetime here at YWS, and you better have lots of fun! If you don't, you can find me. I'll find you some fun. ^_^

Jabber, the One and Only!
Last edited by JabberHut on Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I make my own policies.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:14 pm
Demeter says...

Hi, Alleria!

I met you in the chat, too :D But welcome! And yeah, you should get used to the "craziness". In here, crazy is normal, black is white, cats are dogs and so on. Deal with it. :lol:

I hope you're having an awesome time! See you around!

And PM me on anything anytime!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:31 pm
LilyJamey says...

Hah, guessing I'm not the first one from chat to come here...
The confusion isn't that common. Last time I was on it, nobody said a word for 10 minutes. Just now... it was chaotic. Or rather, chaotic is an understatement.

Anyway, my apologies for the commotion. Welcome to YWS!
Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:48 am
Meep(: says...

*gasps* The greeters didn't tell you about the 2:1 ratio rule.
Anyway here on YWS, we have this system where for every 1 piece of work you post, you should review 2 others, not written by you of course. It could be a poem or story.

Nice to meet you! I'm Meep(:!
Not to be confused with Meep, a Greeter.
I hope you enjoy your time here in YWS because I have, so far!
I've always wanted to visit New Zealand, by the way.
It seems to be quite a popular tourist attraction with my friends.

So you want to be an Instructor, huh?
Well good luck with that! You have to be at least a month old on YWS to qualify though.
Nevermind, time will fly :)

Chatspeak is also discouraged on YWS,
Though I do see it pop up in the Lounge.
Just thought I'd let you know.

PM me for anything under the sun! :D
I'll see you around!
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:43 pm
Alleria says...

Thanks for all the greetings everyone ^^ I'll be sure to have a long and happy life on YWS.

And yeah Jabberhut, I'll be sure to chat up with him again soon. Let's hope it will go well.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:39 pm
Night Mistress says...

Alleria,

welcome to the family.

I am a romance writer, but my next story is a fantasy piece. I love mythology as well, but i like the romans and greek since they are so similar. I look forward to reading your work on here.

and if you ever need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

True belonging doesn’t require you to change who you are, it requires you to be who you are.
— Brené Brown