z

Young Writers Society

newbie.:) just wanna say hi.:)

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:50 am
KnightlyAngel09 says...

Hello. I'm new here. I just typed in young writers on google and this site came out on the list and I found it interesting. So anyway, hello. I'm Nixie.:) I love poetry.:) My favorite poets include Thomas Hardy, Robert Burns and Longfellow.:) I'm from the Philippines btw.:)
All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you.:)

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:01 am
Linx says...

Hi there! Welcome to YWS!
Young Writers Society is a place where young writers from all over the world can come together and chat, write, blog, review, etc. etc. etc. The list goes on forever.
YWS truly is the best website for young writers. I've been on here for a while, and I love it! I hope you enjoy it.
If you have any questions, you can PM (private message) me anytime. :D
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 am
Demeter says...

Ooh, Philippines? That's way cool.

Welcome, Nixie! And hello! =) I'm Demeter, and I'm one of the Instructors here (purple name). There are also Greeters (blue), Junior Mod (light green), Mods (darker green), Distinguished Members (orange) and Admin plus Junior Admin (red). Just in case you were wondering. :D

A poet, eh? So am I! Even though I write also other things. By the way, I found this place exactly like you did, typing "young writers" in Google. I'm really happy we both found our way here, because it's an awesome place.

Remember to read the rules, if you already haven't. Also, avoid chat-speak as much as you can. I don't think it's going to be a problem, because you don't seem to use it :D But it's one of the rules here, so yeah.

Well, it's nice to meet you! If you need anything anytime, just PM me and I will help.

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:26 am
Jiggity says...

Hola and welcome to YWS!

Remember to post 2 reviews for every one story/poem that you post, it ensures we all give back regularly. It's cool you're from the Philippines! We got peeps here from everywhere you could imagine, seriously - I'm Martian, for example. :D

Lame jokes like that are another must.

Trust me.

So you're a stickler for poetry, huh? No stories? That's sad, we probably won't have much contact then, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk or need something checked over.

Cheers
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:39 pm
Rosendorn says...

Surprisingly nobody has asked who your favourite poet is.....

So, who's your favourite poet?

Hiya and welcome! If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:51 pm
Alainna says...

Hey there and a big welcome to YWS! *prods welcome banner*

Demeter has covered most of the important stuff so all that's left for me to say is that if you ever need anything, send me a pm and I'll help as best as I can.

All the best and I hope you like it here.

Alainna
xx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:47 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey.

welcome to the family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:28 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Hey there, Angel! :D You sound like an amazing person, and we're all happy to welcome you into our big, cuddly family?

You like poetry? And Thomas Hardy?? *bear tackles* I love you already! I adore Thomas Hardy, whatever he writes. I'm acquainted with some of his poems, but I prefer his prose. Do you know Tess of the D'Urbervilles? It's my favourite novel ever. And Jude the Obscure?

Sorry for rambling. I'm a bit...crazy. When talking about books, that is.

Anyway, I hope to see you round the forums!

Do PM me if you need anything at all or just feel like a chat. :wink:

-Sarah
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:03 am
KnightlyAngel09 says...

Hello. haha.:)) since someone asked my favorite poet has to be.... :shock: can't choose. I love them all but as I said earlier. I love Thomas Hardy, Longfellow and Burns.:) My favorite poem... as of the moment Satin Shoes by Thomas Hardy.:) Gotta love him.
All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you.:)

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:35 pm
JabberHut says...

Your avatar is amazing! XD

Hello, and a big warm welcome to YWS! I'm Jabber, the Hut of YWS.

Ooh, a poet? There are plenty of good poets here, so you can definitely feel at home already! I've touched poetry a few times, but my work is never superior. It's always just kind of there... I review it better than I can write it. xD

Speaking of reviews, check out the Will Review For Food forum. It has a whole list of people willing to read and critique your material. Just post in one of their threads, and an in-depth critique is on its way! For a head start, try asking people with purple names. They're Instructors, and they specialize with in-depth reviews that always prove beyond helpful. Kind of like life savers. ^_^

YWS is definitely the site for young writers. You will definitely find your new home here and have the time of your life. YWS knows how to have fun. :wink:

So have fun, and I'll totally see you around, 'kay? =D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena