z

Young Writers Society

So as it turns out....

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:30 am
lilymoore says...

Okay, so, some of you know me, some of you don't. Okay, most of you don't. So I should start off by saying that my name is Lily and, well, I'm a crazy person. But I'm not complaining. It's just the voices in my head, the like to whine a lot.

And I suppose that's how the writing began. I'd take one voice, listen, and write it down. But as a writer, I have a very short attention span, like, 1 or 2 days tops. After that, I'm an expert at hitting the "delete" key and watching my recycling bin clean itself out.

...um, ok, I did this on a bit of an impulse and assumed I would be able to make up some more as I went along but I guess not. oops.

Well, lets see, besides my writing I also have a few unique hobbies that have bridged into my writing. Like music. It's possibly the one place I'm truly at home, wrapped within a song. Anything from ripping electric violins to a zither* and Marilyn Manson to Avril Lavigne. Plus, at least according to my band teacher at school, I can sing. (shameless promo, check out the link in my siggy.) Okay, now I'm feeling like a snob and I'm just going to stop talking about my music.

Ah, but they're is art. Sense I was in the third grade, I've been passionate about redrawing, well, almost anything I see in a 2D format. I can't draw a live model, but ask me to draw a picture of someone and I'm golden. I used to sell drawings to kids in middle school for a dollar. Ha, I'm a break business woman, aren't I.

And lastly, I suppose I should mention all the crazy things that I do. For one, I'm almost impervious to physical pain. Not on the level of a CEPA patient, but close. That's what you get for being a tomboy and wrestling boys twice you're size. You get used to it. Also, I'm uniquely flexible below the waist because, not only did my mother try to feminize me by making me take gymnastics but my best friend and I tried to break my leg in the fourth grade. That's how you test a friendship. It never broke but now I can stand on one food and put the other over my head. Aw, and the piercings. I've had an obsession with putting holes in my head. Back in the third grade, I would skip YMCA volleyball practice and go down the block to "B***hin Bob's Body Piercing & Smokin' Joe's Tattoo" shop. And my old man wonders why I've got problems.

But I suppose that's more than enough rambling from me. Uh, you can say something if you want or ask a question or...whatever.

*I don't actually listen to zither music. But I'll admit, the electric violin is pretty cool.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:03 am
LilyJamey says...

Lily!
Hi, I'm Lily.
You sing too! And you're crazy. Three cheers for crazy peeps!
And people with short attention spans.

:wink:
Lily.
Got YWS?

Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.
— Ellen Degeneres