z

Young Writers Society

I'm a kid with a name.

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:12 am
Tetrys says...

My name's Yinlin. Call me Tetrys/YL, because I think that you can't pronounce Chen Ying Ning properly without a Chinese accent, or proper knowledge of Chinese.

(Look there, I just used "Chinese" two times in a sentence. Go me.)

I love sarcasm, CAPSLOCK, humour, unprofessionalism, educating the geographically unenlightened and sarcasm.

Did I mention I love sarcasm? 'Cause I do.

I am sarcastic, CAPSLOCK-IAN, humourless, unprofessional, hot-tempered, ill-tempered, bossy, selfish, unforgiving, evil.

I've told you the wicked parts of me; it's up to you to find out the rainbow and unicorns part. Make that: rainbow, unicorns, candy, chocolate and rainbows.

I've written an extremely long biography of myself in the "Welcome" section, but I'm still going to repeat that here anyway.

Mainly, I tend to avoid mushy, gooey, rainbow-and-unicorns-ey romance stuff, and I think overflowing with it is a major offence, such as some novelists do. *coughTWILIGHTcough*

Now I'm going to hide from the mobs of fangirls who are seeking to murder me and run me over with a tractor, thank you very much.

Recently, I'm very engrossed in writing Asian-influenced tales, since I already have a basic foundation of what these could be like. I love Medieval stuff too, though I'm not a fan of being toothpaste-less.

Sometimes stories about high school drama and puppy love and first crushes and best-friends-turned-boyfriends are cliched and unrealistic, and I can't picture them happening in reality, unless of course your protagonists are goblins that live in another universe.

I despise chatspeak and abandon hope for the human race each time I view "My Immortal".

Let's celebrate the joy of the world, everyone; joy of the world. Wait, the song's Joy to the World, right?

Yes, I'm evil and I will NEVER correct that error.

I have absolutely no respect for those with no respect for anyone. Time to feed THOSE people a little piece of Tetrys's Revenge Cake! I find it an insult that people view 11- and 12-year old girls as those who overuse exclamation marks and obsess over Edward Cullen.

'Cause I don't.

C'mon fangirl mobs, I'm ready! I have a spatula. And airbending.

I'm hiatusing from a fanfiction I've written: a series of oneshots involving the before-death experiences of various Harry Potter characters.

Yes, I'm evil and I enjoy torturing characters before they die.

(Sigh. I know, I've used that line.)

Sarcasm is a gift, and we should never relinquish it. Instead, we should abuse it, the way many abuse the thesaurus.

Oh, this isn't a direct attack at Stephenie Meyer. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. You'll never know. *shiftyeyes*

You've read till here? I've given you a cookie, so here - have a muffin. A nice, bran one.

Yes, I'm evil and I'm finally stopping with my humourless, sarcasm-less novel. Now, I command you to reply.

---

I know I sound brattish, prattish, bossy, snobby, proud; but trust me, I'm a sweet little cupcake of joy and fun!

Or not.

Maybe I am a little high tea pastry. Whenever I write, I come off as nothing but a cup of baking powder. Bland and... powder-ish.

Hey, all that prat-talk was in the name of good sarcasm.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:14 pm
Demeter says...

Overuse of the word sarcasm, but no can do. And actually, no, you've not given me a cookie. So please, can I have it now? And of course, the muffin, too.

I know you should never start a sentence with an "and". But I do it and will keep doing it, no matter what. And you shouldn't start a sentence with a "but", either.

Welcome to the family, again.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:20 am
Meep(: says...

Well that's a coincidence,
My friend is called Chen Yi Ning,
But the 'Chen' is only when we're speaking chinese,
Otherwise its 'Tan'.
My name is also often pronounced wrongly.
My chinese surname is Zheng, but in English it's 'Tay'.

One important I must ask...
Where's my COOKIE?!
:D
Chocolate Chip please :)
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:34 am
LilyJamey says...

Meep! You're a Tay, too? *gasps*
I hate it when people call me Tai. Or Tan.

Ello, Tetrys. Name's Lily. I love sarcasm, caps, and humour too, but I can't crack a proper joke to save my life. Thanks for the cookie and muffin, I hope they aren't poisoned.

I can't stand fluff like Twilight either. The first book was bearable, but New Moon... How did it sell? You'll find a lot of people of the same opinion here, although there are a few fans, like Echelon.

And I wish Harry just died. So close... so close! I like him, but it feels good when someone I like dies.

Happy YWSing,
Lily.
Got YWS?

Hearing these stories makes me realize that I never did anything with my childhood.
— The Internet