z

Young Writers Society

I'm new :) just introducing myself :P

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:50 am
Claire Suzanne says...

Hey im Claire Suzanne, im 15 years old, and i write about life, i think that some people just think teenage years are overrate, and i haven't yet come across anybody who has decided to write something about it. When writing these articles, i wrote to express the importance of understanding all that we go through, most times keeping it all to ourselves.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:54 am
Loose says...

Hey Claire, Welcome to YWS.

Any questions, feel free to send me a PM. ;)

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:18 am
Nutty says...

Hey Claire! Sounds like you have an interesting genre to write about. ^^
I'm writing what I fondly call a 'teenage angst' story myself, and it's fun.
Righteo, then, quick tour of the site:

Under 'community'

The Information desk- Where the powers that be post critical, well, information. Keep an eye on this forum for announcements.
About the Authors- Talk about yourself! We all know you want to ;)
Contests- Competitive? Test your skills on one (or more) of the currently running contests.
Writing Activities- Fun with writing ^^
The lounge- Sit back, chill, talk about whatever you like.
Will review for food- Lounge subforum. Need something reviewed but it's not being read? Ask here.
Randomness- Have something irrelevant you just have to share? Say it here.

Usergroups- we have a club for almost anything. Check them out ^^

And the literary forums are where you post your work. There is also a photography and art section here.

And, why do some of us get coloured usernames?

Light blue- Greeter. It is their job to look after the new members, and make them welcome. The 'welcome' forum is their native territory. If you are confused about how to get around the site, ask a greeter.
Purple- Like me! Instructors. It is our job to help you improve your writing. If you have any questions about writing or need a crit, ask one of us.
Lime green- Jr Mod. They are our supervisors, and each patrol a forum. Have any questions, ask a jr Mod.
Dark green- Mod. Collectively known as "big brother" (currently as "big brother is stretching" but this changes) Keepers of the peace, servers of justice. Have any serious problems, contact them, they will help you out.
Red- the lords and masters of YWS. Nate is God. :wink:

Also, make sure you keep to the 2:1 review/work posted ratio- to do so will earn you major brownie points. People are also more likely to review your work if you review first.

Okay, that's my blurb over. So share about yourself, what are your interests?

And, the Number one rule is...

*drum roll please*

Have fun! :wink:

-Nutty
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:56 am
sofi says...

I really do think Nutty is The Greeter Of All Greeters and hasnt really left me with much to say except for Welcome! haha :D

I think you'll like it here and I look forward to reading your work!

If you have any questions or need a review anytime I'd be happy to!

See you around!
And Happy Christmas! :D

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:51 pm
Stori says...

Hi and welcome! We should probably call you Claire, as Suzanne is a Junior Mod.

So, what genres do you like to read? What kind of music? Do you have a favorite color?

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:24 pm
Squall says...

Hey Claire Suzanne, and welcome to YWS. How are you?

Anyways, it's nice to see a new writer interested in the teenage genre. I'm a bit confused though, what do you mean by "overrated"? Are you saying that fictional works targeted for the teenage group nowadays are becoming stereotypical and unoriginal?

And what exactly do you mean that you write about life and that you haven't come across someone that writes about it? You see, most of the fictional works that you see on the shelves are based on certain aspects/ideas of life (even poetry is based on expressing aspects of life itself). Are you referring to the philosophical aspect of life? Please be more specific. However, it's nice to see that you are willing to express the importance of life itself.

So what genre are you interested in? What are your hobbies (besides writing, let's face it, having writing as your only hobby/interest can get pretty monotonous :wink: ) My interests/hobbies are gaming, eating, sleeping, and talking to chicks on YWS (oh baby!) 8)

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the most important thing. My name is Andy, at your service, and I am also another member of the instructors group. It's solely my job to roam around the literacy forums like a deranged beast and do a solid and honest critique on any works that I desire. If you want though, feel free to PM me if you want one of your pieces critiqued by me (or else Nate, the site administrator will make me walk the plank :cry: )

And if you need further assistance, feel free to contact anyone that's teal (greeters), light green (junior moderator), green (moderator), or red (administrator). They are your allies. :D

Have fun and good luck. I look forward to your response.

Andy.

P.S:
Hi and welcome! We should probably call you Claire, as Suzanne is a Junior Mod.

Stori meant moderator, not junior moderator :wink: But you should make friends with her, she's very helpful across the site and an excellent writer.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:25 pm
Rosendorn says...

For some strange reason rule #2 hasn't been mentioned, and that one is minimize chat=speak. That means use proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations are okay, just don't overdo it.

And Squall? Greeters are more light aqua.... Or, most people just call them blues.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:29 pm
LindseyBrooke says...

Hello Claire! My name is Lindsey! Welcome to YWS! I think everyone has pretty much informed you already about the site, so there's really not much to say.

Do you have any siblings? Any pets? I have a sister who hates me and two extremely fat dogs. =] Oh and I also have a hamster that is also fat. Haha. We pretty much spoil our pets with food and treats which isn't very good. Oh well...

Anyways, merry almost Christmas! Or Happy Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa!

-Lindsey
"Next year I'll be transferred to Pigfarts."
<3

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:45 pm
Demeter says...

Hi, Claire!

Welcome to YWS! You're taken good care of, as you may have already noticed :D

I'd love to read your work some time! Hopefully you'll inform me when you've posted some, if you'd like a review.

And you're from Malta? Wow! Is it warm there?

Well, PM me anytime you have a question or just want to talk. I'm reachable!

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:09 am
Kalliope says...

Hi Claire Suzanne,

I must say, I love your name!

Welcome to YWS from me as well. Since pretty much everything has been explained already I get the pleasurable job of handing you some cookies and giving you a welcome hug. *hugs*

Feel free to drop me a PM if you ever need anything (e.g. have a question, need help with anything or want a crit).

All the best and have lots of fun here,
~Kalliope
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carol (1832-98 )

Got YWS?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:45 am
Clo says...

Hey Claire! Welcome to YWS. This is pretty much the best site for young writers, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. This site has an amazing community, where it's very easy to get to know other writers and take part in writing activities.

My purple name means I'm an Instructor, so my duty is reviewing and helping with writing and storytelling! So I'm always available to get PMed (private messaged), and I can answer any questions you may have!

Every member can even have a blog on this website - see the tab up in the right corner? That's an excellent place for commenting and getting to know people. I comment there often. =3

I hope to see you around!

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:30 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Hi Claire Suzanne? (Both those names I absolutely adore.) Welcome to the huge, cuddly family of YWS! We're happy to have you here. :wink:

You sound like a pretty awesome person. I personally love writing teenage fiction. Do PM me when you have some work up, I would love to read and critique it. If you ever need a review on any of your work, just PM me. It would be my pleasure.

Anyway, I hope to see you round the forums soon! Just remember to drop me a line should you need anything, have any questions, or simply want to chat. :D

-Sarah
xxx
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:43 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey Claire Suzanne,

welcome to the family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.
— Emily Dickinson