z

Young Writers Society

;D Howdy neighbor~

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:18 pm
suicidal_panda says...

Hey, I'm new here and kind of getting used to things, so I wanted to say hi.
It's nice to be able to meet some people who write like I do, I think it's
a big help to me.
I mean you can't JUST have your teachers editing your writing
o3o

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:23 pm
Jiggity says...

Hello! Panda! *tackle hugs*

Panda's rule.

The suicidal kind...well I'm not so sure about them but I'm sure they're just as awesome...in their own way XD.

So, first off, welcome to YWS. I see you've already posted some of your work and that's great but you should know of the 2:1 ratio we employ here. That is, try to comment on two posts other than your own for each piece you put up here. That way, everyone gets the help and comments they need.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!

Cheers
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:28 pm
suicidal_panda says...

Jiggity wrote:Hello! Panda! *tackle hugs*

Panda's rule.

The suicidal kind...well I'm not so sure about them but I'm sure they're just as awesome...in their own way XD.

So, first off, welcome to YWS. I see you've already posted some of your work and that's great but you should know of the 2:1 ratio we employ here. That is, try to comment on two posts other than your own for each piece you put up here. That way, everyone gets the help and comments they need.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!

Cheers

xD

Ah, I'll be up and going on that!
Thanks for the info~

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:35 pm
Rosendorn says...

Rule number 2 is minimize chat-speak. Most abbreviations are okay, just don't overdo it.

A poetry fan from your portfolio. Who are your favourite poets? Do you write in any other genres?

If you need anything, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:35 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Hi, welcome to YWS! I'm alwaysawriter but you can call me any varation of the name or Kat.

What do you write? What do you read? What do you do outside of writing? Do you have any siblings? Do you have any pets? Do you like animals? What's your favorite book? What's your favorite author?

Have you heard about the usergroups? They're little club-like things here that have their own fourms. They range from everything from character development to Sims to a bunch of other things. To check them out, just click on Groups at the top, which is right next to Resources.

You see those people in colors? Here's the breakdown because I know it gets confusing. :)

Purple people are Instructors. We do in-depth critiques and post writing tips.
Blue people are Greeters, whose job is to greet new members.
Light Green people are Junior Mods, who can lock threads in certain places.
Dark Green people are moderators who can do just about anything.
Red people are administrators who can do anything (technically, Nate's the only admin; the others are junior admins).
Orange people are distingushed members who were previously moderators but stepped down for whatever reason.

Want to meet new people? Review! Reviewing helps you out by noticing in other's writing what you may want to do/not do in your own writing, you can ask for a review in return, and, at least for me, it always makes me feel accomplished to get another star. When a mod or admin opens Chat, which they do sometimes, it's a great way to meet new people too; that's how I meet people when I first came here.

A little tip:
For the codes, be sure to press the button twice; before and after the word (or words) you want to bold/italize/underline/whatever. As long as it looks like this (random example) [e]word[/e], you're good. Make sure that there's this / thing at the part I showed you, otherwise it won't work.

I wrote an article for new members a while ago and it may help you with some of your questions (http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewarticlebody.php?t=36288).

Anyway, I hope to see you around and welcome to the family! :)

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:32 pm
Clo says...

Heya... Suicidal Panda...? Interesting name you have there! xD But I love it, the quirkier the name the better. Welcome to YWS!

This site pretty much pwns every other writing society ever, true story! The best thing about it is the community - the structure of the site makes it so easy to get to know people and just chat with others, while doing so in an environment that sparks creativity. I would suggest going to the Community forums, and trying out The Lounge, or Randomness, and even pop in Book Reviews to see what's going down in there. We even have a Storybook Forum in the Writing section that lets you role play, if you like playing out stories like that. Which, from what I've seen, a lot of people on this site DO like. :)

But first, tell us about yourself! In the Welcome forum, you're allowed to gab about yourself, and we have the About the Authors forum as well where you can tell your own personal story. And if that's not enough, each member can have a blog as well - I'm always commenting on the blogs. xD

I'm an instructor (see the purple name?), so it's like my duty to do awesome reviews and help out members with their writing. So feel free to Private Message (PM) me, and ask for reviews! Reviewing is pretty much what we do here. And it may be a little scary to get back feedback, but it still always feels really good to know someone read your story and put a lot of consideration into it.

I hope you find this site helpful!

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:12 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey.

welcome to the family.

if you need anything. feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:39 pm
Incognito says...

Welcome!
It seems that they all pretty much covered everything so all I pretty much have to say is panda's are certainly awesome.
If you have any questions or just want to talk you can PM me and I am open for friendship!
Well, I hope to see you around in the forums and I hope you enjoy yourself here.
Your part of the family now.
Sincerily,
~Incognito Temptation
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
— Joyce Meyer