z

Young Writers Society

Hey! Newbie from MA here!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Suzuhara says...

Thank you for the welcome Demi! :)
With tears in my eyes and blood in my hands, I pull through and conquer my fears. ~Zackaria Kato

Please check out my blog: sammysuzuhara.blogspot.com

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:14 pm
Jiggity says...

Aha! You learn quickly, young padiwan! By which I mean to say its good to see you didn't quote Demi because it would get to be quite annoying. Personally, I read more fantasy than sci-fi but I definitely recommend Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game which is a classic of the sci-fi genre.

There's also Dune, for the old-school types, which is amazingly well written. Although, I never read on after the first book for some reason.

Tad Williams is another brilliant writer and on the fantasy front check out some of these authors - Neil Gaiman, Scott. R. Bakker, Sara Douglass, Ian Irvine, Janny Wurts, Raymond.e.Feist, Robert Jordan, Steven Erikson, Robin Hobb/Megan Lewellyn, Joe Abercrombie and for a random horror writer: Joe Hill

Those are some of the best anyway,

Cheers
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:15 am
Night Mistress says...

hey.

welcome to the family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:16 am
Night Mistress says...

hey.

welcome to the family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

28 Reviews

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:32 pm
Suzuhara says...

Thanks for the list of authors Jig (Do you mind if I call you that?). I'll be sure to check them out when I go to the library. Oh and I love Star Wars.

Thanks for the welcome Night Mistress!
With tears in my eyes and blood in my hands, I pull through and conquer my fears. ~Zackaria Kato

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:59 pm
jasmine12 says...

Hey, Suzhara.
I know you posted this...last week...but I saw it in the Welcome thread and something caught my eye. Your from MA? as in...Massachusetts? :shock:

Well. I'm Jas. And, I have a tendency to neglect this website for a long time. And I figured I'd say hello.
So, Hello.
XD

Pm me if you need any help or would just like to chat.
xoxo Jas
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

28 Reviews

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:40 pm
Suzuhara says...

Thank you for the welcome Jasmine! Yep, I'm from Massachusetts. I've lived here all my life, but now I'm thinking about going to Japan to do a teach exchange program. ^^ I hope I can go!

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:51 pm
Tatra says...

I just randomly felt like saying hello!! And welcome to YWS!! There used to be a sister site called The Writers Society, but Nate has taken it down to do some awesome updates to it and it should be up in mid-February. :D

I actually haven't posted that many pieces of writing, mostly because I'm weird about editing, but I also mostly just write some form of fantasy. I do love to read sci-fi, though, especially some of the older authors of sci-fi. Have you read Andre Norton? She is amazing. And then I love Frank Herbert, mostly for his novel The Godmakers, but I do love Dune. Harlan Ellison is another amazing author for Sci-fi, though some of his stories are a bit bizarre.

I do love the stories about the 'what if' futures, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, and so on. I love seeing what people think the future could be. One of my favorites is Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut.

Anyway, good luck in finding your way around the site and have fun writing!! Feel free to PM me to ask about anything!

- Tatra
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

28 Reviews

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:14 pm
Suzuhara says...

Thank for the welcome Tatra! I'm grateful for the list of authors you gave me because I plan to go the library later today so I'll be sure to check them out. Thanks!

best wishes,
Suzu
Last edited by Suzuhara on Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:24 pm
Tatra says...

The library is an awesome place. I have hundreds of books, but I'm sure that you have enough suggestions for your next trip to the library. Plus, I also do read a lot more fantasy than anything. You might also want to check out After by Francine Prose, which isn't really fantasy or sci-fi, but it is a 'what if' book that is terribly creepy in the way that all 'what if' books seem to be. After is one of my favorite books, as it is just so creepy.

Couldn't help but recommend it, since it is my favorite book. :D

- Tatra
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig