z

Young Writers Society

Such beautiful beginnings...

Reviews: 1
Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:22 pm
Loli Kamikaze says...

Hello all you wonderful people! My name is Loli, and I hope to one day become a best-selling author :smt045
Anyway, I haven't got much to say since I really don't know what to say. So, if you have any questions I'll be more than happy to answer them :smt003

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review.

2- Minimize chat-speak. Some abbreviations are okay, but it's asked you use proper grammar, spelling and caps.

Other then that, have fun!

What authors do you like? What genres do you write/read?

If you need anything, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:46 pm
Loli Kamikaze says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Hiya and welcome!

Two rules you should know:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. It helps make sure everybody gets a review.

2- Minimize chat-speak. Some abbreviations are okay, but it's asked you use proper grammar, spelling and caps.

Other then that, have fun!

What authors do you like? What genres do you write/read?

If you need anything, PM me.

I not a fan of chat speak so I think I'll do well with rule 2. :D
[And number one as well since I'm a editor in my spare time]

I'm pretty open to anyone as long as it isn't Stephanie Meyer. I'm not sure why, but her books make me want to sleep. [I probably just made so many enemies saying that -_-']
The same also goes with my writing, but recently I've been leaning towards sci-fi and romance.

How about you?

1272 Reviews

Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:14 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Fantasy. Fantasy. And fantasy. But, no vampires, no werewolves and I try to avoid ghosts.

People on here don't usually bite, but if it makes you feel any better the site has some people who don't like twilight as well as some who do.

That's so cool you're an editor! What's your preferred thing to edit?

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:31 pm
Emerson says...

Hello and welcome to the site! You're an editor in your spare time? I already like you. A lot. Not to mention you have a wonderful avatar.

And I can respect anyone who has the sense to now be wooed by Meyer. ^_~ Not to upset her fans! *hides from mob of angry fans*

So, sci-fi and romance? Or do you mix them up? heh. I can't promise you'll ever receive a sci-fi review from me, but if you ask nicely you never know!

If you have any questions regarding the site or how to get around feel free to ask me or anyone else who is in green. :D

Enjoy the site!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:49 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Hi, welcome to YWS. Another person that doesn't love Stephanie Meyer? Yay! *Ahem* Sorry. I haven't even tried to read the books because I'm not a big fantasy person.

Thanks to Rosey covering the basic rules, I can go and tell you about the other awesome things we have around here.

Okay, so I'm guessing you want to know who all these people in colors are?

Purple people are Instructors. We do in-depth critiques and post writing tips.
Blue people are Greeters, whose job is to greet new members.
Light Green people are Junior Mods, who can lock threads in certain places.
Dark Green people are moderators who can do just about anything.
Red people are administrators who can do anything (technically, Nate's the only admin; the others are junior admins).
Orange people are distingushed members who were previously moderators but stepped down for whatever reason.

Did you know about the usergroups? They're little club-like areas that have their own forum. They can be found here (http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/clubs.php) There's everything from groups about cartoons to ones about plot. To join one, just click on it's name and there should be a Join Group Button right next to the picture.

A little tip:
For the codes, be sure to press the button twice; before and after the word (or words) you want to bold/italize/underline/whatever. As long as it looks like this (random example) [e]word[/e], you're good. Make sure that there's this / thing at the part I showed you, otherwise it won't work.

Reviewing is one of the best ways to meet people and ask people to review your own stuff. The more you review, the more likely you are to get your own stuff reviewed. Of course, randomly signing people's guestbooks works too. :P

Fell free to PM me for anything and welcome to the family! :)

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:51 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

welcome to the family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:19 pm
Loli Kamikaze says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Fantasy. Fantasy. And fantasy. But, no vampires, no werewolves and I try to avoid ghosts.

People on here don't usually bite, but if it makes you feel any better the site has some people who don't like twilight as well as some who do.

That's so cool you're an editor! What's your preferred thing to edit?

I love fantasy, but sadly I couldn't write it to save my life. It always seems to turn a bit dark on me, well actually everything I seem to write turns dark so maybe it's just me :D

And as for editing, it's pretty much anything people ask me to do. Poetry is something though that takes a bit longer since I've only started editing that recently, I'm pro at essays :D [or so I like to think]

Suzanne wrote:Hello and welcome to the site! You're an editor in your spare time? I already like you. A lot. Not to mention you have a wonderful avatar.

And I can respect anyone who has the sense to not be wooed by Meyer. ^_~ Not to upset her fans! *hides from mob of angry fans*

So, sci-fi and romance? Or do you mix them up? heh. I can't promise you'll ever receive a sci-fi review from me, but if you ask nicely you never know!

If you have any questions regarding the site or how to get around feel free to ask me or anyone else who is in green. :D

Enjoy the site!

Ha ha, I just had to point out the small typo in your comment, sorry... unfortunately I tend to do it to a lot of people.

Anyway, thank you. Most people get annoyed when they find out I edit things, so it's nice to hear someone say that. :)
And about the sci-fi/romance question well I try not to mix them, but everything I write always seems to have a romantic undertone some how. :oops:

alwaysawriter wrote:Hi, welcome to YWS. Another person that doesn't love Stephanie Meyer? Yay! *Ahem* Sorry. I haven't even tried to read the books because I'm not a big fantasy person.

Thanks to Rosey covering the basic rules, I can go and tell you about the other awesome things we have around here.

Okay, so I'm guessing you want to know who all these people in colors are?

Purple people are Instructors. We do in-depth critiques and post writing tips.
Blue people are Greeters, whose job is to greet new members.
Light Green people are Junior Mods, who can lock threads in certain places.
Dark Green people are moderators who can do just about anything.
Red people are administrators who can do anything (technically, Nate's the only admin; the others are junior admins).
Orange people are distinguished members who were previously moderators but stepped down for whatever reason.

Did you know about the user groups? They're little club-like areas that have their own forum. They can be found here (http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/clubs.php) There's everything from groups about cartoons to ones about plot. To join one, just click on it's name and there should be a Join Group Button right next to the picture.

A little tip:
For the codes, be sure to press the button twice; before and after the word (or words) you want to bold/italize/underline/whatever. As long as it looks like this (random example) [e]word[/e], you're good. Make sure that there's this / thing at the part I showed you, otherwise it won't work.

Reviewing is one of the best ways to meet people and ask people to review your own stuff. The more you review, the more likely you are to get your own stuff reviewed. Of course, randomly signing people's guestbooks works too. :P

Fell free to PM me for anything and welcome to the family! :)

-alwaysawriter

Wow, I never noticed that some user names were different colours :oops:
Thank you for the explanation, but I wonder, do I actually have to join user groups? Or is it just something to help you meet people?

And I may take your advice about signing guestbooks :D

Night Mistress wrote:Hey.

welcome to the family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

Hello, and thank you for the lovely welcome. :)

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:49 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Nope, you don't have to. Chat is a great way to meet people too when it's open, like right now. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

1272 Reviews

Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:17 am
Rosendorn says...

A note about open chat: It's not on all the time, and when it is on is unpredictable. The best thing to do is check the index when mods (dark green) and admins (red) are one.

Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:26 am
Loli Kamikaze says...

I'm not a fan of the whole chat room thing :oops:
I'll just take a gander at the groups instead :D

1272 Reviews

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:06 am
Rosendorn says...

To every her own!

You should be able to find a group for just about everything. And don't be shy about joining either. We're all really friendly.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:12 am
Inksplatter says...

Welcome to the forums! :)
I also don't like Twilight nor 'The Host'. I find it boring and I even attempted to set it on fire. I probably am going to get hunted down for saying that, but I know Squall will protect me with his sword of Reviewing ;)
Anyway, I'm Riley (Inksplatter) and I also love fantasy. I have written two pieces to my works, Silvery Whispers
What is your favorite book? Mine would definately be 'Endymion Spring' :)

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:32 am
Squall says...

Hey there Loli Kamikaze, and welcome to YWS, your non stop site for all your writing needs. My name is Andy, and I'm one of the instructors on the site, seeking for something more lol. Anyways, I'm pretty much your servant throughout your time on YWS since my job is to look at your work and do an indepth and honest critique on it. So if you are looking for harsh feedback, I'm pretty much one of the people that you go to.

Regarding your comment on Meyer, I don't think you'll make much enemies on YWS for that lol. A lot of people on YWS actually do not like her as an author and the Twilght series. There have been numerous jokes made against her lol. Seriously though, I don't think Twilight is that bad. I've read it before, the prose is quite sharp and there are some redeeming qualities to the novel. I do agree however that the series is quite overrated lol. But with all published authors, it's best that we try to at least respect her works (it's not easy getting published after all).

Nice to know that you also want to be a best selling author, but keep in mind this: Just because you are a best selling author doesn't really mean that your writing will be good. If you are aiming to become a best selling author, always bear in mind of the quality of your writing and to ensure that your work is coherent to your target audience.

So you like fantasy eh? What fantasy authors/novels do you like the most and why? I also like fantasy too so I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your works on the fantasy forum.

Anyways, that's all I have to say for today. Be sure to review other's works as it will give incentive for others to check your work out. And if you need a review from me, feel free to PM me.

Good luck and enjoy your stay.

Andy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:00 pm
Demeter says...

Hi there, Loli!

Welcome to YWS! Me is named Demeter. Nice to meet you!

You didn't make me as your enemy, haha. I'm not a fan of Meyer, either – I think her work is a little overrated. *hides from bloodthirsty Meyerists*

So, how's it going? Hopefully good? I'm going to bake gingerbread men in a minute! :D And we already took the Christmas tree in! Can't believe it's only two days to the Eve, and three to the C-Day. :0 Time flies when you're having fun!

Ramble ramble. I'm sorry. I can't do anything about it. Or I could, but I won't. Mwahahaha!

How do you like YWS so far? The people are indeed amazingly lovely, and they don't bite hard.

If you need reviews or have questions, I'm just a PM away!

See you around, and have fun!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

"The rules of capitalization are so unfair to the words in the middle of a sentence."
— John Green, Paper Towns