z

Young Writers Society

new

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:15 pm
deathcab4love says...

um, yeah, question...if i post something on this site, will someone take it? or will it be protected?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:35 pm
Rosendorn says...

It is protected! Everything posted on YWS becomes copyrighted.

But, before you post any of your own work make sure you review two pieces on the Rate & Review board. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

Another thing you're asked to do is minimize chat-speak. That means proper caps, grammar and spelling. Some abbreviations are okay, just don't overdo it.

Other then that, welcome! What genres do you like to write? Any favourite authors? Books?

If you need anything, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:17 pm
Macs says...

Hey Deathcab4love!
Welcome to the forums. I only joined like... maybe a half a month ago? Or a week ago? I'm not really sure. So, this site is pretty amazing. You can post your stories and get them reviewed. Sometimes it can be harsh, but we just help each other out. I've found it super helpful since I joined. I hang around a lot in the romance section, but every now and again I look at the other sections. I'm going to start with the fantasy section soon, so you can see me there. PM, too.
So, do you have any hobbies? Nicknames? That sort of stuff. Tell us a little about yourself.
I hope to see you around in the near future!
-Macs
My name is Molly. Call me Molly.
My favorite colour is
orange.
My favorite band is
the White Stripes.
My favorite literature is
good literature.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:41 pm
Emerson says...

Hello Death Cab! I have to say I love your username. :)

A lot of people get worried about YWS and copyright, but I promise you are good. Here is a link to the Copyright Policy of the site. If you ever suspect your work has been reused, it will be taken care of. Here is an article regarding the same topic: Copyright Law and YWS. I haven't read that one though, so I cannot promise anything!

Welcome to the site, as well! Don't forget to read The Rules and what not! If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message!

Enjoy the site!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:48 am
Night Mistress says...

hey.

welcome to the family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:47 pm
Sachiko says...

Hi, Death cab! Welcome to the site!

Since everyone did such a great job of explaining the rules and such, I won't repeat any of it. ^^ what type of genre's do you write? What are your favorite books and authors?

If you have any questions, you can either PM me, or you can PM a mod, or junior mod, whose names are in dark green and light green respectively. ^_^

I hope to see you around the forums!

Sachiko >^_^<
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:37 pm
Angel of Death says...

Hello there!

I'm Angel and I just adore your name.

I hope you enjoy it here and I hope you stay apart of the YWS family for a long time. ^_^
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:33 pm
Fishr says...

'Ello Deathy!

How's it going, deary? *hands apple* Don't worry, it's not poisoness. ;)

No need to be shy or worried with posting work. As someone said, everything is automatically copyrighted as soon as it's posted.

What genre(s) do you generally write in? Are you a poet? I write mainly historical fiction but I've dabbled in most of the popular litterary genres so if you ever get stuck, I could probably help. Really though, there's so many amazing people on YWS from all walks of life that you'd find someone (poor soul) to assist in anything, you name it.

As for me, I'm a nerd. I don't hide the fact either. In the chat especially, I generally flaunt it, lol! I'm a lover of history and will babble incoherently about anything non-fiction-y. Also, in the chat, I tend to be a little odd, which of course isn't done on purpose. Just who I am. ;)

I welcome you to the family of eccentric writers. Give it time. It'll happen eventually.

Cheers!
Jess
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:10 pm
Merry_Haven says...

*deathcab4love

Hi. :D

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome!!!

I have to ask...did you get your user name from Death Cab for Cutie? Aren't they so good...? :roll:

*off topic*

Anyway, off I go for now. Bye!!

*Merry

~Merry Christmas!!~

~~oh, how do you like the holidays?~~
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314