z

Young Writers Society

i'm in need of help

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:01 am
Sparrow says...

i'm new on here and i just want to write my book. but i'm afraid it will be crap so i need people to review it. come check it out when i get it on

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:08 am
KailaMarie says...

Hey! Welcome!

Ok, first there are two big rules on this site:
1. No chat speak. Preferrably capitalize and use the right puncuation when you post anything, including in the forums. (A few mess ups are ok, obviously.)

2. You need to review two things before you post anything of your own.

Those are the basic two, but ask anyone for help if you have any questions.

And if you're looking for reviews, here's where you can go to get some: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/forum188.html

Good luck, and have fun on the site! (:
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:10 am
Night Mistress says...

hey.

since KaliaMarie has told you all you need to know, i won't tell you again.

so you write. What genre do you write?

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:37 am
Emerson says...

Hello and welcome to YWS!

First off if you've not read the rules, here is a link to them: the rules! I edited your post because you had a bad word in it. Since the YWS is a site for teenagers, make sure everything is appropriate! Your stories can be more mature, but if you're not posting a story, keep it G.

Also, you say you need help on your novel but keep in mind that you'll give as much as you get! Review often and you will get reviews back. And as to your novel possibly being crap, you won't know until you try. ;-)

If you have any other questions or need help finding something feel free to message me!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:47 am
Demeter says...

Hi! Welcome!

How are you? Hopefully you're having fun already! :D

If you need any help, just PM me.

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:58 pm
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS.
I'll read your story and you don't have to be so consciencious over your work. We are nice here and we will try to help you get better.

I hope you enjoy it here and I hope to see you around in the forums.
If you need any help PM me, or any of us.
~Incognito Temptation
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:07 am
LoveableLittleSock says...

Welcome to YWS! I'm afraid that simply posting your book on here won't contribute much to the community. You see, when this website was created, Nate intended for other writers to help other writers, and not many people will want to read your book if you don't review anything else. Thus, the "review twice, post once" rule.

You do want to get cracking on that book, so I would recommend the Advanced Critique forum. If you have a piece longer than 5000 words, it gives people a chance to read the entire thing at once without you having to break it down into chapters. Of course if you do the latter, you will get more helpful feedback. See, there's a "Will Review for Food" forum, where writers post a thread telling people they will review their work for them. Some simply give a general overall opinion, while others dissect your story line-by-line.

Let me get onto the points system. See, when you review the highest amount of points you can receive is 50, and you must review at least twice before you can post anything. This is to prevent a drop in the YWS economy, where everybody is posting and nobody is reviewing. Of course, when you post a piece of work like a poem or story or something, it'll chase away 100 points out of your wallet. In the Advanced Critique forum you need 500 points to post something, mainly so not everybody is posting their book on there as soon as they start an account.

How can you get points besides reviewing? Basically you receive points when you post in forums that help other writers, like this one. There's also the Writing Tips forum, or the Research forum, or the "Will Review for Food," forum. There are actually many opportunities where you can get points, but you'll have to become an active member of the YWS community.

Any comments, questions or cries of outrage, feel free to PM me.
~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:14 am
Inksplatter says...

Welcome to the forums.
I would gladly review your novel/manuscript, just give me a link or send it through Private Message :)
Hope to see you 'round.
Inksplatter

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:28 pm
Rosendorn says...

If it's within the realm of Fantasy Fiction then I'll probably take a look at it. You could also ask any of the people with purple names. They're instructors and it's their job to review stuff.

What genres do you write in? Any favourite authors?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:44 pm
LowKey says...

Throw a PM my way when you've got it posted, and I'll take a look at it. :) I'm a fan of crap stories because of how much potential they have and how many diferent directions they can go. Though I highly doubt your story is crap. ;) We'll see it when you write it, aye?

Until then, How're you liking the site so far? :)
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:25 pm
Clo says...

Hey Sparrow! I found your Welcome thread accidentally, but I totally reviewed a story by you! I hope I helped, since it is my duty to help thee writers (see my purple name... that means I'm an Instructor. To service writing skills and storytelling of others... or yadda yadda yadda).

If you stick around this site, it's guaranteed to help your writing. From reviewing and getting reviews, you pick up on things and learn to look at your writing in a different way. I know I've gotten better, by recieving reviews, both harsh and fluffy, by people who were awesome enough to actually look at what I wrote and take time to considerate it. That's so awesome about this site - people are actually reading your work and then thinking about it!

I can't even get my friends to do that, and now there's an entire website full of people who will.

Anyway, if you have any questions, there are loads of people you can contact. You can PM with questions and review requests, and also there's the blues (Greeters) who are there to help you feel welcome and then there are Junior Admins and mods who will answer your questions as well. I suggest hanging out in the Lounge and Randomness forums to get to know people... you could also create a blog, the blogging community on this site is active.

I hope to see you around!

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.
— Rod Serling