z

Young Writers Society

introducing...

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:15 pm
hypothetical_abby says...

well hello !
im new to this , so i thought i would do what was suggested and come here, :wink:
so , welcome ME! :roll:

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:23 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

A couple of rules:

1- Review two things before posting any of your works. It helps make sure everybody gets a review. We ask you always keep the 2:1 ratio.

2- Minimize chat-speak. That means proper caps, grammar and spelling. Some abbreviations are okay, but don't go overboard.

Other then that, have fun!

What genres do you like to write in? Any favourite authors? Favourite books?

If you need anything, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:24 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey.

Welcome to the family.

i have the same question as Rosey.

if you need anything, including friendship, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:42 pm
JabberHut says...

Hi, Abby! Welcome to YWS! =D

I'm Jabber, but you can make up any form of the name that suits you--'slong as it's appropriate. :wink: And your name is cool 'cause it has two B's just like my name. ^.^

I'm glad you posted here! Haha, I like meeting the new members. You've pretty much dedicated your life to this site, and you won't ever really regret it. ^^ It'll be like a second home. Plenty of members come here regularly to either welcome members like yourself, critique others' works, post their own work, or just talk with friends!

We have what we call Usergroups. They're kind of like clubs you can join and discuss or have fun with interests you may have outside or inside of writing. Join as many as you want!

Also, if you're looking for guaranteed reviews on your work, check out Will Review For Food. You can ask for reviews from other members willing to critique. I suggest asking the purple people if anyone--they're known for fantastic, in-depth critiques, hence their name Instructors. :wink: It's their job to help others out through critique, so go for it!

If you have any questions regarding the site in general, go ahead and ask a Greeter (light blue names). They're kind of like your personal mentors. They're there to help you get around the site and work the buttons. If you have any other issues you'd like to address, Moderators (dark green) and Junior Moderators (light green) are available. And the Administrators (red) are for the big scary stuff, but they're really not scary people. xD

I hope you have fun, and I'll totally see you around, ja? =D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:10 pm
sofi says...

Hey!

And welcome to YWS! I hope you like it here :D

Everyone else has really covered any information you might need to know so I just thought I would say hello (haha that rhymes!)

Anyway it's always nice to have a new addition! Feel free to PM me for a review or any questions anytime and I'll be happy to help!

Have fun! :D

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:49 pm
Clo says...

Hey Hypothetical Abby! Welcome to YWS! :D I see everyone's covered the rules, so let's get talking about you.

What sort of writing do you do? We have a lot of genres in the Writing forums. There's all the types of Poetry, like lyric, dramatic, narrative, and then other for that experimental stuff. And lots for prose, or literature - Fantasy. Romance (ooh la la), Science Fiction, Historical, there's Fanfiction, and Other Fiction. Personally, my favorite is Other Fiction, because you have no idea what way the story is going, and you can get some interesting stuff in there!

We also have the Storybook forums, which, from what I see, is like role playing stories.

Of course, this is the best environment for creative discussion and all that, and part of the fun is not just in presenting your own writing but in reviewing. Reviewing other people's writing allow you to look at your own writing in a different way. I bet you a million that your writing improves after a year on this site, because we're just that awesome here. :)

Anyway, I'm an Instructor, because of that purple name of mine, so I'm always available to be PMed and for review requests. It's like my duty to the community. I'm like the Friendly Neighborhood Reviewer. I'm like Spiderman, except with nerdy editing skills instead of superhuman powers. Sigh...

I hope you find this site awesome!

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:41 pm
Princess says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS>

Remember, here on YWS, we are all like one big family and will treat each other as such.

But anyways, what do you like to write? For me, personally, I love to write poetry and the occasional short story..

Hmmm... Oh! Please remember to minimise chat speak..

See ya around!

*Princess*
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

NO U
— Carina