z

Young Writers Society

new

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:48 am
Silencer says...

My name is Greg i live in OR.
I like to game, snowboard, bike, hangout with friends and just go with the flow kinda guy.
I was brought to this place by a friend his name is Agite.
soo that's pretty much me. :P

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:21 am
Demeter says...

Hey Greg!

Who are you? Who knows? No one knows. You'll fit in fine. ;)

What do you like to write? Who's your favourite author?

Remember to read the rules, if you haven't already! You can PM me anytime you have questions or need a review or something.

See you around (and have f-u-n!)!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:53 pm
melkor says...

I will add, that you should not listen to a single word demeter has said.

She can't even treat her guests properly.

-shakes head sadly-

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. "
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
~Douglas Adams

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:14 pm
Rosendorn says...

Oh-kay, well, here are the main rules:

1- Please review two works that are not your own before posting something of yours. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- Minimize chat-speak. Some abbreviations are okay, but try to have proper spelling, grammar and caps.

Other then that, just stay civil and things will run smoothly!

Same questions as Demeter, but with one more: what's your favourite genre overall?

Welcome to YWS!
Last edited by Rosendorn on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:51 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to the YWs family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:33 pm
View Likes
Kaylyn says...

Hello there!
So what do you like to write? Fiction? Nonfiction? Lyrics? Poetry? Art?

It has to be one of them, or have you come up with something new? :)

Just remember no chat speak and to follow the rules. No one bites, well, a few may. I won't. :)

So if you need any help, PM me. Also If you need a review, I'll be glad to help you out there.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:14 pm
View Likes
Princess says...

Hi Greg!!! Yay!!! Another Oregonian!!! Im not alone!

So on YWS, no worries. You will not be considered Newbie. Just remember to check out the rule book so that you wont get on any body's nerves :D .

So, since you joined YWS, I assume that you must be a writer/artist, so what do you do?

I cant wait to see you around YWS! You should pm me if you have any questions at all.

See ya around!!!

*princess*
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:10 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Welcome To YWS, Greg! Hope you have a blast here!
Make sure you check out the rules and guides if you haven't already. ;)
PM me if you need any help.

See you around!

-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:20 pm
JabberHut says...

Hey, Greg! Welcome to YWS! =D

I'm Jabber, your host for these next couple minutes. You may call me whatever floats your boat--'slong as it's appropriate, ja? xD

Woah, snowboard? That is so cool. I admire you people who do sports in the cold. It's 30-something outside right now (Fahrenheit), and I'm freezing cold. I'm actually debating putting gloves on right now! xD I just love looking at the snow, not being in it. So, go you! Do you write stories or poems or w/e with snowboarding in them? That would be epic! :D

What kind of games do you play? You should consider the Videogame Freaks Usergroup if that's the kind of games you play. It's just one of many clubs you can join here. I play a few. Not a major gamer, but I've played enough to get the punchline of some jokes. xD

Do you actually race bikes? Or do you just ride bikes for exercise? I have a friend who was a cyclist (and maybe still is). Man, she was buff. xD I just like to ride for fun. In the summer. When it's warm. Of course. =D

Anyway! I hope you can find your way around here. If you're having trouble getting reviews on what you've written, you should totally check out Will Review For Food forum. Those people there are just asking to review something, so you should totally post there and request some. I suggest the purple people if you're clueless as to who you should ask. They're called Instructors, and they specialize in in-depth critiques. They most always help the writer improve--it's their job! =D

If you have any general questions as to how to navigate the site or how to work the buttons, Greeters (light blue people) are always available. They're kind of like your personal mentors of the site. They're here to help, so go ahead and bug 'em. Moderators (dark green) and Junior Moderators (light green) are also available to assist you in any questions, comments, problems, or just want a talk, of course. ^^ Administrators (red) are the big people, but they're not scary, I promise. :wink:

And for your information (because I was clueless about them when I joined and still was for over a year), the orange people are Distinguished Members. They have been on this site for ages and left their mark on the site. Kind of like... YWS veterans. ^^

So! I'll totally see you around, right? Yeah, I thought so. ^^ Have fun! =D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux (One must imagine Sisyphus happy).
— Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus