z

Young Writers Society

Feasgar Math

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:22 am
Hopeless-Dreams says...

Feasgar Math (Which is good afternoon or good evening in Gaelic)

Well I'm new obvious. So my name is Nadine, and well i thought it would be fun to put some of my writing up here to get so feed back on it. I must say that I'm not a great writer but i enjoy it so whatever. I write mostly historical romance or paranormal romance. in everyone of my stories there is always a highlander in it. he he, got to love a Scotsman. anyhow that's about it. i have already posted one of my stories its called 'Fate' hope you guys could go and check it out.

Tapadh Leat (thank you)

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:51 am
lilymoore says...

Hi girly girl. *waves* I don't want to seem mean but you're going to get scolded for posting your work this soon. YWS has a special rule about posting at least two reviews for every one work that you post. This keeps people from just posting work without helping others. I mean, if no one revied, where would we be.

Anyway, the 2:1 ratio is teh most important thing to remember really. Ha, I'm sorry for the lecture. Anyway, welcome. If you have any questions, I'll answer them, just send me a PM. Oh, and I would make a suggestion to very quickly get out there and post a pair of reviews.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:00 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey.

welcome to YWS.

so you write historical or paranormal romance. i write romance, just straight romance, but i am starting to branch out. My story that i am working on now is a vampire love story.

so what type of book do you like? and do you write any other genre?

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:06 pm
Rosendorn says...

Gaelic. Cool! Are you a Maritimer? I've heard they speak Gaelic there more then in Scotland! I always like to see another Canadian.

The only other rule we ask you to follow is minimize the chat-speak. Most writers really don't like to see it. Some abbreviations are okay, but legible spelling and grammar is well liked (and proper caps)

Other then that, free range! This place is a lot of fun and in no time at all this will feel like a second home.

Any other hobbies besides writing?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:46 pm
JabberHut says...

Hey, Nadine! Welcome to YWS! =D

You won't be scolded for posting so soon. You will just be reminded of our 2:1 ratio! The sooner you get on the reviewing thing, the better. :wink: We like to keep a balance here, and really, how else would you pay back for reviews? Might as well review others' work so you raise the chances of your work being reviewed, no? ^^ So don't fret over the scolding thing. That won't happen unless you make it a habit not to review. xD

Ah! I've just gotten into historical fiction! I might check out your story (if I find time within this crowded schedule oO).

And hey, I'm no great writer either. In fact, we're all here to get better! So, you're come to the right place. YWS will give you tons of feedback, especially if you ask the purple-named members here. They're Instructors, and they specialize in giving in-depth critiques. Go ahead and ask one of them through PM or Will Review For Food forum. :wink:

Dude, so, Gaelic kinda makes you cool right now, in my opinion. Do you use that in some of your writing? Like.. the language, setting, etc.? That would be so cool. O_O

I'm just a silly American. -_-

Anyway! Many welcomes to the site! As Rosey said, this will be a second home to you. You have a bedroom, kitchen, lounge area, playroom(s), a huge office, entrance hall--it's fantastic. 8) I'll totally see you around, right? If you have any questions, you can, of course, contact me, but the Greeters here (light blue names) are there to support you as you get used to the site. Any and all questions can go to them as well as the Junior Moderators (light green) and Moderators (dark green). They're really not that scary unless you get one of them mad (both angry and crazy). o_O

Enjoy! ^_^

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:16 pm
Nutty says...

Hey! I'm Nutty, and one of the purple-named instructors mentioned in Jabb's post. ^^
Welcome to YWS! I'm a fantasy/sci-fi writer, mainly, but I have dabbled in realistic fiction, and I'll review almost anything that isn't poetry. :wink:
As Jabb said, don't stress too much about the 2:1 thing, we realise you are new and didn't know.
Anyway, make yourself comfortable, there are plenty of beanbags ^^
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM. If you need a crit, my Will review for Food thread is here:
topic37478.html
Or send me a link in a PM.

Have fun!

-Nutty
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

5 Reviews

Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:17 pm
Hopeless-Dreams says...

Wow i didn't really think anyone would really answer that. Well I'm not from the maritimes.
I'm actually from b.c and I'm taking a Gaelic course. so that's how i know it.
Well i didn't know you had to actually review anything first but i shall get on that as so as possible.
I'm trying at the moment to put Gaelic in almost all of my writing, but its kinda hard.
Well my other hobbies i guess include horse back ridding. (i have to horses)
and well i read anything i can get my hands on. Most of the books that i read
mostly historical romance books and also vampires (they are just so cute).

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:14 am
Merry_Haven says...

Nadine-
First off...Oh my goodness!!! You love historical romances too?! Me too. :D *dances around* I actually wrote my own historical romance story...set in the regency period. Then there's the other one... :roll:

What era or period in history do you like to write about or find most interesting?

So that's what a highlander is, a Scotsman. Man, I'm so dense. I've should have noticed. Bad Merry. *hits head*

Anyway, I'm like really off topic here.

Hey, I hope you find this site very addicting. *cough* I mean enjoyable.

Well, if you ever wanna chat about history (okay maybe not that) or whatever, you can just pm me. See you around!

-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

Very cool about the Gaelic course. What made you decide to take it?

Same question as Marry. What's your favourite time period?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

5 Reviews

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:28 am
Hopeless-Dreams says...

Well the course is called languages or travel.
There is four languages that we learn, french Gaelic, Italian, and Spanish.
In the class though we don't do very much grammar work.
What we do is learn enough so that if we went to those countries we could get around
its really interesting, that why i decided to take it.
and uhh i like the period between 14th century and the 16th century.

Change isn't inherently good, but you can't stop it, so let's just enjoy the ride. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— TheSilverFox