Young Writers Society

Bonjour !

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:37 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hello there,
I'm a newbie, so spare me.

My full name is Sarah-Avery, but I prefer to be called Sar-ayy. I am currently trying to finish a novel, which I'm planning to get published. I love writing stories and poems (though I usually just pour out my feelings in no poetic order). I love making new friends, so add me up, and i'd love to get to know you. :]

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:58 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

HI! Welcome to YWS! I've only been here for 3 days so, I'm still new technically. But its a lot of fun because you can get critiques on your work and get to meet some other people that love to write.
What genre do you like to write? I'm a "mystery" person though if anything I stick to realistic fiction.
I hope to see you around (I'll send you a friend request :D ) Though, I think I've already seen a poem of yours...Feel free to PM me sometime!
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:07 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hey!
thanks for adding me, I feel welcomed already :]

I'm a.... mix of a person. I really enjoy writing fantasy stories that have a hint of nascent romance. I also enjoy writing murder mysteries, but due to my wild-out-of-control imagination, they go a little out of hand and end up turning into a fantasy story.
thanks again for the add, I look forward to reading your work.
Sar-ayy

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:25 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

I'm glad you look forward to see my work. I feel pressured to make it extra exciting now :D
Don't you just love the "welcoming" feel?
Interesting. I don't think I'll ever be able to write good fantasy. Probably because I don't read it as often...anyway, I bet you're good at it.
If you want to see the beginning of my story, its called Aubrey's Raven under Other Fiction.
See you around!
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

I guess you've figured out the 2:1 ratio rule, since you have five reviews already and at least one thing posted so I won't explain that.

Rule #2 is minimize the chat-speak. Some abbreviations are okay, but proper spelling, grammar and caps is preferred.

A romantic fantasy author I see. Same here. It's really fun trying to come up with a realistic guy, although I have been so tempted to throw him out the window for the frustration that has caused me.

So, any other hobbies besides writing? What are your favourite books? Authors?

Another note: YWS members tend to be a weird and wacky bunch, so the chance you won't find somebody who shares your interests is s-l-i-m.

Enjoy your time on here! If you're looking for critiques, check out the Will Review for Food subforum in The Lounge.

If you have any questions PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:24 am
Night Mistress says...

hey.

welcome to the wacky family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:16 pm
JabberHut says...

Hi, Sar-ayy! Welcome to YWS! :D

I'm Jabber, though any form of the name works just fine. I have so many nicknames, it's silly. ^^

Ooh! Fantasy writer! I've tried countless times to write fantasy and have always failed. But! My current novel is fantasy-based, so hopefully this won't fail so miserably. I've been planning this baby for months now. 'Twas my NaNo. 8) (National Novel Writing Month)

I also enjoy writing murder mysteries, but due to my wild-out-of-control imagination, they go a little out of hand and end up turning into a fantasy story.

Ahaha, same here! I start writing some other type of fiction, but eventually, it goes asdfo;kajsdfasdfljBOOM into, not fantasy, but blah. It's horrible. xD But I enjoy writing anyway! =D

Will I see some of your novel, by the way? I'm curious as to what it's about. ^^

Mm! So! This is totally going to be your new home now and forever--or as long as you make it, but you won't stop coming back. It's a good place to, like... chill and... stuff. OH! So, if you have any questions, you can always snatch me but most definitely the Greeters (members in light blue). They're kind of like your personal mentors. They help you every step of the way until you feel comfortable finding your way around the site. The Junior Moderators (light green) and Moderators (dark green) are also open to questions. If you are searching for an in-depth critique on anything you've written, though, the purple people are for you! They're Instructors, and it's pretty much their job to give out in-depth critiques. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing you around! =D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Demeter says...

Sarah-Avery – what a beautiful name. But I'll call you Sar-ayy, if that's what you prefer. ;)

Bienvenue, then! I suppose you speak français parce que you're Canadienne? ;) I've studied French for... let me think... five years now? Yeah, must be. I love it. :D

So, I hope and know you'll have a ball here in YWS, and don't hesitate to PM me whenever you feel like it. :D

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:40 pm
Kaylyn says...

Hello there. Try to run while you still can, before you become obsessed with YWS!
Just Kidding. Welcome!

I'm sure that by now you will be familiar with the rules. If not you can always PM me with questions, or check out the Rules.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to help you out. I'm also there if you want to chat. Anyways, see you around the forums!
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:59 pm
Angel of Death says...

Welcome to YWS!!! Cool name.

I'm trying to finish a novel as well, so I wish you all the luck.

I'm Angel by the way, hope to see you around.

Ta!!!
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow