z

Young Writers Society

Im new

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:09 am
Behind Scene Walls says...

Hi, my name is Behind Scene Walls Aka my real name is Sarah. I love to write and to make things up by expressing myself. I love to read and write poems and stories. Well thes me and if you want to find out more look at the clolunm that tells you about me on my page!!!!!

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:11 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hi Sarah! Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to get critique and stuffs.

Just so you know, we have a rule that you need to have two reviews before you post your own work.

What kind of genres do you write?
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:04 am
anti-pop says...

Hi Sarah, nice to meet you :D

Welcome to YWS! I'm anti-pop!
What kind of stuff do you like to write? I love writing romance and narrative poetry. I'm a sucker for sci-fi though, but I'm not that good ;)

You're going to love it here, I promise!

*anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:54 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya!

If your looking for people who love to write and share your interest you have come to the right place. We tend to be a weird and wacky bunch (in a good way!) so finding somebody who doesn't share your interests is s-l-i-m.

A rule that wasn't covered: Try to avoid chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. You can use some abbreviations, but don't overdo it.

What do you like to read? Any hobbies besides writing?

Personally I love fantasy (reading it, writing it and drawing it!), but I'll read historical fiction too.

If you need anything, drop me a line!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:21 pm
Night Mistress says...

Welcome to YWS.

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:32 pm
walshie says...

Hi, Sarah, welcome to YWS!
I'm sure you'll love it here, all of the people are really friendly and help you with your writing quite a lot!
So, what music do you like?
Personally, I'm into Alternative, Punk Rock and obscure bands no-one has ever heard of!

P.M me if you want to chat!

walshie x
I've got birds in my ear and a devil on my shoulder, got a phone in the other and I can't get a hold of her. What's a crush to do?

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:34 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hi! I do believe I met you in chat, actually, though we weren't in at the same time for very long. So, I'd like to officially welcome you to YWS.

I would like to ask you to please post two reviews. I don't know if you knew the rule before you posted your poem, but we have a rule which asks that you post two review before posting any of your own work, and keep a 2:1 ratio from there on. That assures that everyone has a pretty good chance of at least getting one review! (it also keeps your points up :P)

If you ever want a review, I'd really love to oblige. You can PM me, or if you want, post the link in my 'Will review for food' thread, the link's in my signature, and in my profile in the place of my website. :)

Hope you're having fun!!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:07 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Hello there! =D

Welcome to YWS! I'm Jabber, and I'm more than willing to be your friend. ^^

Ah, we've got a Twilight fan. ^^ Are you a fan of vampires in general or just Twilight? I was never a fan of vampires, but my friends recommended Twilight to me anyway. So I read it. ^^

Someone mentioned the chatspeak rule, but keep in mind that the rule also includes exaggerated punctuation. As in, one exclamation is sufficient, no? :wink:

So, do you write any specific kind of prose/poetry? And your bio on your profile said you love music. Do you write music or are you a band geek? What instrument do you play? Or are you a singer? I'm a musician myself, so I'm a bit curious. ^^

Well, around YWS, you will get some of the best critiques you will ever find. The Instructors here (people in purple names) are guaranteed to give you excellent, in-depth reviews for your work. You can either wait for someone to stop by or request one in the Will Review For Food forum. Of course, a large number of members are willing to critique and get their review count up, but Instructors give guaranteed in-depth critiques. :wink:

If you have any questions about the site, how to get around it, what this button does, etc., feel free to ask a Greeter (light blue names). They're kind of like your mentors here. They're here to help you get used to the site, so feel free to prod them into work. No one will bite. :wink: Moderators (dark green) and Junior Moderators (light green) are also available to answer questions or cries for help. They're really not as scary as they look. :wink:

So! Have fun around the site, and I'll totally see you around, ja? =D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:35 pm
sofi says...

Hello there!

Just thought I'd drop by and say welcome!

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want a review or anything like that!

Hope you like it here so far! :D

See you around!
Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:01 pm
Demeter says...

Hi there, BSW!

Welcome to YWS! There are quite a lot of Sarahs around here, but it's fine :D I'm gonna call BSW from now on, if that's okay!

I hope to see your poetry and other work here soon! If you need reviews for them, just PM me or post in my thread in the Will Review for Food section :)

Have a great time! See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:20 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Welcome to YWS!

I can be your friend if you want! What kind of stuff do you write?

Wait, before I forget, try reading the FAQ on the Welcome homepage, it'll help you out a lot. And also read the rules and guides on the header. You'll find the stuff that you are and are not supposed to do.

Oooh, you're 13 too! You a fan of Twilight? Cool. Me too! I'd love to be your friend! Just PM or IM me! Check my profile!

See ya!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:35 pm
Kaylyn says...

Hello there!

I like your username. I'm so glad that you found YWS!

I'll be sure to check your column.

Since the main rules have been covered, when you have spare time I suggest that you check out the Rules for the finer print. I can't wait to see what you can create. PM me if you want a review, or have any questions.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

If you run now, you will be running the rest of your life.
— Reborn