z

Young Writers Society

Brand Spankin' New

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:56 pm
anamachi.boricua says...

Hey everyone, this is Ann Marie. :D I have to say this place seems really cool. A friend of mine introduced me to young writers society and so far I am loving it. It is great when you can find aplace where everyone has the same interests (which are the best in my opinion) : reading, writing, creating, thinking, and of course Twilight, Anime, and Harry Potter. Well I hope to make some new friends and I hope whatever stories I post on here will be welcomed. Thanks and talk to you soon. :D

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:34 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome!

I also am a Twilight and Harry Potter lover! I'm sure that you find many people on here with your same interests. All your stories with of course be welcomed with open arms, In fact Pm me when you post some.

Chack out the Rules, and follow them and you'll be doing great. Please no chat talk and post good grammar. No one will bite. (Although I think a few might) :) Keep a two review for every one story post ratio, no one gets left out that way! :)

If you have any problems or have any questions, feel free to Pm me. I'll be glad to help. See you around the forums.

I think I know what friend invited you. Could it be Teddybear22 aka Courtney.
Last edited by Kaylyn on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:55 pm
anti-pop says...

Hey Ann Marie :D

Nice to meet you! Welcome to YWS!
You will most definitlely find other people here who share the same interests as you and who are more than willing to help you with your writing.
I'm a big Twilight fan, and Harry Potter absolutely rocks my socks. I'm a HUGE anime fan, though. I love Death Note, Code Geass, Naruto, Escaflowne, and Akazukin Chacha :)
Those are just a few. I like reading manga, too.

Quick tip before you really get started here: check out the rules and guidlines. Other members will really appreciate it ;)
SO once again, welcome and enjoy your stay at YWS!

*anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:05 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey.

welcome to YWS.

:raises hand: I am a twilight and harry potter fan too.

what type book do you read? i read anything that has romance in it.

if you need anything, including friendship, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:08 pm
Juniper says...

Hey Ann Marie!

Welcome to YWS. You definitely just joined the best forum around for young writers. Nice to meet you; I'm June.

Indeed, we all share your interests! As with any reading topic, our preferences for certain books vary, but nevertheless we still share the interest. I'm not a twilight/Harry Potter fan, but I don't bite those who like it. I'm not an anime fan either, but Naruto and Death note are okay :).

We have a 2:1 policy here; for every one piece of work you post, you should have two reviews on someone else's work completed prior to that. Also read the rules and take a look at this link, and you'll get along just fine.

viewarticlebody.php?t=36288

So, what type of writing do you do most? What's the longest piece of writing you completed?

If you have any questions/need any help, feel free to PM me! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work around here. Welcome aboard!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:26 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya!

The 2:1 ratio and just about everything else has been explained, or asked.....

Something to know: Those who bite usually only do so in the Read and Review board. And it's all in the name of making you a better writer.

The only other time is when you absolutly love a book and somebody else is just as passionet about hating it. But, I'm not one of them. If you like Twilight, Harry Potter or whatever else, I'm fine with that.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:27 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hey Ann! Welcome aboard. :)

Of COURSE your stories will be welcomed!!!!! That is... if you post two reviews for each story you post. :D That ensures that everybody will have a pretty good chance of at least getting one review. It also keeps your points up. ;)

I hope you're not feeling confused or overwhelmed, but just in case, here's a brief tour:

My YWS: this is where you can make any changes to your account, profile, avatar, picture, you can view your portfolio and who has recently reviewed something of yours.

Community: There are quite a few categories here. First of course, there is this lovely Welcome area, which also includes the Information Desk (which is especially made for all kinds of lovely little updates from our Great adminstrator Nate), and yet another forum for you to introduce yourself, Meet The Author.
Then there is an area for Writing and Resources. Anyone is free to enter of create a contest, while the Writer's Corner is for general discussion of what you may or may not be writing, or may write in the future, or what you have already written, etc. whether you're trying to get published, need plot advice, or need to know if it sounds like you're copycatting if the vampire in your story glitters in the sunlight.
We're so informed/informative/helpful-in-every-way, we'll even help you with your Homework. :) Be sure to also take a look at Book Reviews (and the discussions therein), Writing Activities (get creative!), Writing Tips, and Research!

General Discussion: (or as I like to call it, the play room) You can discuss just about anything on your mind in the Lounge, unless the topic actually belongs somewhere else... (the Debate usergroup, perhaps?). Anyway, there's all kinds of other fun activities there... Oh! This has to get a mention. There happens to be a subforum of the Lounge. The Will review for food forum. Go ahead and ask for a review (after checking what that person likes to do), or even set up a thread of your own!

The most important forum of the site (at least I have to think so) is the Literary Forum. After all, we're writers, no? Therefore, browse the different forums for different kinds of writing, and the various genres within each form, and of course, post a few things of your own, and above all, review!

Just in case I've been no help at all, check out the FAQ created, by our one and only Nate the Great, specifically to be helpful to our lovely, very much valued, (fondly named) newbies.

And meanwhile, I hope I didn't bore you to death with the long post. :P

Have I mentioned yet how happy I am to have you? Well, I'm overjoyed. Hope you're having fun!

And if you have any questions, or if you want a review (!), let me know! (for the reviews, I do have a 'Will review for food' thread, if you'd like to look at it)

Once again, welcome!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:42 pm
Meshugenah says...

Hi! Welcome to the insanity! I promise we don't bite. Hard. Often. Well, too much. (yeah, in other words my brain's wrung out from finals! Forgive me!)

How do you like YWS so far? Any problems? Can I help? You like Harry Potter! I haven't had a good 'ole HP discussion in ages. Do you just write stories? What do you write about? Any hobbies? Like underwater basket weaving? Or playing your nose? I wish I could play my nose!

...Right. Anyhoo! Welcome to YWS! Hope you enjoy it!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:22 am
Star Ukitsu says...

Hi!

I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm not used to this format, so if I'm breaking any rules, please tell me.

My name is Star, and I would love some friends. I also love to give and receive reviews. Reviews= Love!

Believe me, my writing syle is not as bubbly as I seemed just then.
A compliment is like a kiss through a veil- Victor Hugo.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:11 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hi Star!

This thread is about somebody else. Please start a new thread to introduce yourself.

Thanks!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Seeing is believing, but feeling is the truth.
— Thomas Fuller