z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:03 am
CLB_Dreamer says...

Hi everyone!

I am new to this site. I would love to publish a book eventually. Although, I'll go ahead and admit it, my grammar is horrible. I didn't major in English but am an avid reader. I love to read. I read pretty much everything: adventure, science fiction, romance, self help and even text books! :-) I am looking forward to give and receive feed backs from you all. I love it when I find a book that I can't put down! So please feel free to recommend any books that you love to me... I'm all ears! Hello again.

CLB_Dreamer

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:11 am
Miss Slade says...

Hello, CLB! Welcome to YWS!

I'm Slade-izzle and just so you know, we have a 2:1 rule here which simply means for every one of your writings you post you must have done two reviews. But besides that, Welcome Again!

I'd love to read some of your writings soon! Can't wait for you to post and if you have any questions feel free to PM me!
You Cry, I Cry.
You Laugh, I Laugh.
You Jump Off Of A Cliff,
I Laugh... Even Harder.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:18 am
JabberHut says...

Hey, CLB! Welcome to YWS! =D

Ahh, I love to read. Probably my favorite series thus far in my life is DragonKeeper by Donita K. Paul. It's a fantasy story, and at first, it may seem Eragon-ish, but when you start reading, you're all ears. It's very unique and such a fresh series. ^_^

I want to give you the official unofficial tour of YWS. So!

Your bedroom (Profile/My YWS) is where you post stuff about you, where your portfolio of things you've posted here is, and where you can spy on your friends' blogs and works. ^^ And don't forget your diary (Blogs). :wink:

The entrance hall consists of the front door/welcome mat (Welcome) where we meet new members such as yourself, the front desk (Information Desk) where our fantastic Administrator Nate tells us important/semi-important information, and the bulletin board (Rules and Guidelines). I recommend you look at this if you haven't already. :wink:

Then you have the main rooms. The kitchen (Will Review For Food) is where you can order or create reviews for your or others' works. We have the living room (Lounge) where we like to, as we sometimes say, "hang out." The play room (Randomness) is where we goof off 'cause, you know, goofing is fun. ^_^

Then you have the clubs (Usergroups) you can join to meet and chat with people of the same interests as you outside and within writing. There's the internet (Resources) which knows everything. Hmm... And your mailbox, of course. Oh, and the office (the Literary Forums) is where you can post your work, whether it be poetry, prose/stories, plays, and more. ^_^

I think that's your basic tour. Any other specifics, such as the bathroom or swimming pool (on the roof =D), you can ask me through PM along with other questions. ^_^

And I'll totally see you 'round the site, ja? =D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:56 am
anti-pop says...

Hey CLB! :D

Welcome to YWS! (acronyms, FTW!)
This is a great place to help you with your writing. From your post, I didn't see that 'horrible grammar' you mentioned. Remember: dictionaries are your best friends!(in the world of YWS, anyways) :P
If you haven't already, you should probably check out the rules and such. Ya know, all that important stuff.
Hmm...if I had to recommend a series I'd say...Faerie Wars, by Herbie Brennan. Sounds majorly geeky, yes, but it's a really cool and original concept that's well-written. It's a sci-fi/fantasy/adventure type thing.
And if that doesn't strike your fancy, then I'd have to say a good dose of Sherlock Holmes. (I doubt I have to explain his books to you) Sir Author Conan Doyle is a genius.

Anyways, it's great to meet you and I can't wait for you to get started on that book!
See you around! :D

*anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:11 am
CLB_Dreamer says...

ALL:
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been clicking around and actually read some posts already but I haven't posted any reviews yet. You gals have posted some really awesome stuff! I need to go back and reevaluate mine before I post that's for sure. Am I getting the writer's jitters already? lol

JabberHut: Thanks for the helpful tour. I love the metaphors you used! It's nice to know you're both thoughtful (the links) and funny. By the way, I'm a flute player myself. I also play the piccolo. I clicked around a bit on your profile and stuff while I was taking your tour of the site. You have posted some awesome work! Also, thanks for the book recommendation. I will be sure to check it out as soon as I finish the book that I'm currently working on.

anti-pop: Thanks for the book recommendation, you're absolutely right, Sherlock Holmes is a classic!

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:21 am
Nutty says...

Hey CLB welcome to YWS!

Woot! Another reader! I love to read. I read too much, when I should be doing other stuff. I recommend Raymond E Fiest and Robin Hobb ^^

Have you been writing long? Is there any particular genre you like above others? I tend to be a Fantasy/sci fi girl myself.

And you play the flute? Awesome. I play clarinet, we wind instruments gotta stick together, you know :wink:

Anyway, I was trying to think of what I would find confusing if I were new to the site, so I thought I would explain the coloured usernames.
Light blues are your greeters, in charge of looking after new members.
Purples are Instructors, who first and foremost help you improve your writing.
Light green are your junior mods, who you should go to if you have any problems.
Dark green are moderators, who uphold the justice.
And red are your admin, with Nate being lord and god of the site :wink:

^^

Anyway, welcome to YWS. if you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
And most of all, have fun!

-Nutty
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:38 am
melkor says...

First of all, your grammar seems fine.

Mine is terrible.

The trick is to get a really great friend (online or off) to edit/ go through your work.

Or several even.

It's what I usually do.

Welcome to the forum.

-silent nod-

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. "
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
~Douglas Adams

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:17 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey, CLB.

Welcome to the YWS family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

constant state of confuzzle
— Quillfeather