z

Young Writers Society

I'mNew, obviously...

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:51 am
thembigoleyes says...

Obviously I'm new here. My name is Shawna and I'm currently working on two different books. I'm pretty much stck on one, though I know where I want it to go. The other, I want to completely delete and start over, the same, but...obviously kinda different. I came to this site, thinking I'd feel like an idiot for doing this, figuring it would just be a bunch of high schoolers posting love poems like most other sites I looked at. Thank you, I found something different. Anyway, I needed to feel at least slightly connected with other people who write too.

So Hi, everyone! It's nice to meet you.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:11 am
Juniper says...

Hey Shawna! Welcome to YWS! You just joined the most amazing forum around for young writers.

Nice to meet you! I'm June; if you ever need anything you are absolutely free to PM me or anything.

Wow two books at a time? That's amazing! I can never concentrate on two at a time! I get sidetracked and it starts to rub off on the stories.

You're very right! This is way different than a bunch of people posting silly high school poems. You will instantly be connected with the people around here; they radiate happiness and friendliness... it's impossible to stay away. They're some of the most helpful people you can ever meet.

We have a 2:1 policy here, which means that for every one peice of work you post, you should have reviewed at least two pieces of work by someone else. This way, everyones work continues to be reviewed and no one is left out.

So, what genre of writing do you do most?

Welcome aboard! If you need anything, feel free to PM me!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:16 am
anti-pop says...

Hi Shawna :D

Welcome to YWS! We're glad to have ya here ;)
Everyone here is insanely nice and extremely helpful...I haven't been here that long myself and already my writing has improved thanks to these guys here.

What are your books about? Or at least, what genre? I'd love to read them once you've got them up here. Let me know when you put them up! PM me if you want!

*anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:13 am
Emerson says...

Welcome!

heehee, nope, for the most part we are far from high school students writing love poems - well. For the most part. ^_~ They're not bad love poems! One thing is that we accept everyone. The whole point is to improve your writing, whether you've never written before or have published millions of books! So I'm glad to have you here.

What genre do you write in? Do you write anything apart from fiction?

If you have any questions or need help around the site, feel free to PM me or anything else in green. We're the moderators. ;-)
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:18 am
JabberHut says...

Hiya, Shawna! Welcome to YWS! =D

That's a really pretty name, by the way. Shawna. I like it. ^^

Oh, silly writer's block. It gets in the way so often. Just let it sit for a while and come back later. Maybe something will come to you. Same with the second story. You don't have to delete it right away. Just keep writing, even if it's crap. You can always go back and edit. =D What are your stories about, anyway? I'd love to read them. Maybe I could give some advice on how to continue. ^^ Sometimes reviews will give you inspiration because they ask good questions. :wink:

YWS will certainly be, like.. a second home to you. I could give you the complete tour, but I'll just give you a brief one. You have the bulletin board (Rules/Guidelines) located in the entrance hall as well as the front doors (Welcome) and the front desk (Information Desk).

Don't forget your bedroom (My YWS/Profile) and your diary (Blogs). Hmm... I better stop there before I get carried away. Of course, the Office (the Literary Forums) where you can post your work and review others' work. The kitchen Will Review For Food) is for ordering and making reviews. I recommend the purple-colored members--known as Instructors--because they specialize in in-depth, high quality reviews. :wink:

If you have any questions about the site or how to get around, don't be afraid to PM me or anyone else. The Junior Moderators (light green) and the Moderators (green) are available to answer your questions, and the Greeters (light blue) are available all the time to answer your questions and help you further. ^_^

Have fun, and I'll totally see you around! :wink:

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:30 am
Sachiko says...

Hey, Shawna! ^_^ Welcome to the Young Writer's Society! I can see that most of the people above me have done a lovely job of explaining the site, so I won't repeat any of what they said, except for...

Hi! I'm so glad you joined! ^_^

There! If you have any questions, or want someone to talk to, don't hesitate to PM me!

Sachiko
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:00 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Hola Shawna. How's it going?

So, what genre are your books? Are you a fantasy guru or romance?

PM me if you need any help. :]
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:05 am
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to the YWS family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
— Paul Simon