z

Young Writers Society

Hello peoples!

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:17 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

Hi, i'm new to the site. Just wanted to say hi! I love to write obviously :D even though i get a new idea for a story every few months or so. ha then i have to start all over. other than that, i love science and music. and Jesus Christ as you can see from my username..hehe

see ya!
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:48 pm
Rosendorn says...

Welcome!

A couple of rules we have here on YWS:

1- Keep chat speak to a minimum. That means proper caps and hardly any abbreviations. Just ones that are easy to translate and author related.

2- Review two works that are not your own before you post anything of yours. It keeps things balances.

Yep, I get a new idea about every six months, although sometimes ideas come three in a week. I find it helps to outline everything I have in a new idea, then keep going on my old one. Helps to keep all those ideas strait. :P

What kind of music do you like? What are you taking in science? What do you like to write? Read? Personally I'm a fantasy girl.

Those questions will get asked anyway. Might as well get them out of the way in one shot. :wink:

Enjoy your time on here! Everybody is super nice, although some critiquers will tear your work to shreds. In the end it's for the better though. I've only been on here about two weeks and already it feels like a second home!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

78 Reviews

Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:27 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

sorry :wink: Its a bad habit to have no caps. I love Comtemporary Christian music, mostly rock and pop. Not the hard rock though. I like both (reading and writing). Actually, I like to write probably anything that isn't fantasy or science fiction. Mostly because I usually don't read fantasy or science fiction (there's way too many names to remember). Your writing is probably good though :D
Currently, I'm writing a mystery with maybe a sub-plot of romance. I'm not sure. I'm not much of a "romancy" person :lol: And right now, I'm taking Chemistry though I'm more of a biology person. I'm glad someone else gets multiple ideas for a story. Yes, everyone seems to be really nice, see you around 8)

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:38 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey, welcome to the YWS family,

If you need anything, including friendship, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:39 pm
Rosendorn says...

Flattery will get you nowhere with me.....

Sounds very cool! How far along is it? Anything critique-able?

Huh. Well, fantasy isn't for everybody. I pretty much only read fantasy with a handful of historical fiction. Problem is, it's gotten to the point I can't read that much historical stuff that's younger because I know too much history!

Biology.... not my favourite. Too many slimy things. I'm more a zoology person, and an "arts" person. That's arts as in everything that's not sciences. Liturature, fine arts, graphic arts and of course writing. :P I do love sciences though, mostly what it takes to blow something up. Mythbusters and the like. And weather. I love learning about it. But the amount of physics you have to take to become a metioroligis is too much for me.

Any favourite books?

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

78 Reviews

Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:00 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

Not that far i must say. About 10 pages, its called Aubrey's Raven though I may change the title because I don't know if I'm going to keep that plot line :lol:
Mythbusters is a cool TV show. I did a science fair project in 6th grade on poppy seeds and if it makes you test positive for opiates. It did. (and yes, I ate poppy seeds and actually did a drug test to see)
My friend is in love with physics though I loathe it...
Hmm, so many questions, so many possible answers. I'm not sure what my favorite (i love your spelling of the word) book is. Probably The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak, something by Caroline B. Cooney, something by Melody Carlson, or To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm sorry, I can't be very specific :)

1272 Reviews

Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:26 pm
Rosendorn says...

I tend to like physics. Mostly theories. I stayed up until ten thirty one night talking to my dad about it. Practice..... let me put it this way: I had a hard time learning Algebra I.

Well, stuff that gets posted on here is 1- usually in parts, 2-unfinished and 3- only about 1,500 words long. And yes, there are some things that are "working title is X."

Thank you! It's the British/Canadian way to spell it. I'm Canadian.

Another person who loves The Book Thief, and another loved book I haven't read. My favourites are probably Eragon, and anything by Tamora Peirce.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:43 pm
JabberHut says...

*squeezes her way into the conversation*

I love CCM! O: I just started getting into such music 'cause our church is so traditional. It's all the elderly people keeping us back, I'm sure. Anyway. FFH is by far my favorite. Do you recommend anyone?

Oh em gee, a mystery? I love mysteries! I can never solve them, but they have that kind of... creepiness in the air? I can't explain it, but hopefully I'll see some of it here. It sounds way cool. ^_^ I have a number of projects, but I'm still going to say I'm a fantasy person. I love reading it, and I'm starting to figure out how to write it. I'm excited. =D

I'll have to admit, I get a lot of ideas when I don't need them. And when I'm stumped about what to write, nothing comes to me. It's so irritating. xD But that's why I have a number of projects going at once. There's one novella I started, and I never finished it 'cause I had other ideas come up and I started writing those. Then the people who read the unfinished novella ask me over and over if I'm going to continue writing it. xD

Oh, silly.

Another Book Thief lover. I really must read that soon before people start spoiling it for me. xD

So, I must point out that if you wish for any quality reviews here, you're guaranteed excellent reviews from the members with purple names. They're known as Instructors, and they're here to critique your work. You can always ask in the Will Review For Food forum. ^_^

If you have questions about the site (how to work it, find your way around it, etc.), you can always ask a Greeter (light blue names). They're here to, well... help you! They're your BFFs during your beginning time on YWS, so go ahead and ask them, though anyone here will be willing to help.

Any questions or problems go to the Junior Moderators (light green) or the Moderators (dark green), and the Administrators (red names) just rule the world. ^^ The orange names, by the way, are Distinguished Members. The orange says how old they are. :wink: (They're been on the site for a while and left their mark.)

Oh, and I must leave one note. There's a Usergroup (clubs members can join to hang out with people of similar interests beside or within writing) called Christian Writers if you're interested in joining. :wink:

Have fun here, and I'll definitely be seeing you! =D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

78 Reviews

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:55 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

oh cool. someone else whose into CCM. You don't get that often. My old church was like that too. 90% of the congregation was over 50. i personally love Casting Crowns, Superchick, Natalie Grant, Steven Curtis Chapman, and numerous others that I love equally as the ones listed but I've forgotten in the depths of my brain.....
Yeah, I already posted some of it :D (Aubrey's raven)
The book thief rocks. You should definetly read it.
Thanks for the information considering I've only existed for about 3-4 hours on here :D
Yes, I saw the Christian Writers group. I will definetly join :D
Thanks!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:00 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Hey! I love JC too!
haha, I'm Jade.
Salutations. :]
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:16 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

The Book Theif! Yay! No one at my school has heard of it... :(

CCM?
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

78 Reviews

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:19 am
thefireinmeisJC says...

hello Jade and haruno :D
Anyone up to look at my story? Its called Aubrey's Raven under "Other Fiction".

1272 Reviews

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:03 pm
Rosendorn says...

I've got a couple of works to look at in Other Fiction..... While I'm there later today I might check it out.

Let me know if you want a line-by-line critique. And how harsh you want me to be.

78 Reviews

Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:30 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

Line by line critique is fine with me. You can be as harsh as you want. I want people to be harsh.

1272 Reviews

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:09 pm
Rosendorn says...

Done and dusted. I hope I helped.

I figured out CCM- Contemporary Christian Music.

When Larry King retires in 120 years John Mulaney should replace him.
— The Internet