z

Young Writers Society

Howdy

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:50 am
Todge says...

Hi i'm called James and i'm from Plymouth in the UK

I am studying film at college and would love to start writing for films or even maybe on day direct and as a result I like to write a lot

I kind of like to create my own little worlds and then yeah just start from there, may be a while before I post anything up on here though as my laptop is lame and decided to die and wipe everything :/

however yeah thats me in a nut shell :)

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:15 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so. yor are film student. that's must be cool. what genre do you write? Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

6 Reviews

Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:39 am
Todge says...

I like to write fantasy as it kind of has no limitations

However I have written a few romance's before based on past experiences

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:11 am
Stori says...

Nice to meet you, James. I enjoy a good fantasy as well. Perhaps you've heard of Heirs of Ash. If you haven't you should check it out.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:52 am
Sachiko says...

Hey, Todge! =D Welcome to The Young Writer's Society! I'm Sachiko, although you're welcome to call me any variation of my username that you can think of. ^_^

Oh, my gosh, you're in college already? Dude, awesome! I saw that you said you like to write fantasy. I dabble in it occasionally. What sort of fantasy? High fantasy, anything like that?

As Night Mistress said, when you post work, please try to keep it in a two to one ratio, which basically means that for every piece you post, you crit two other pieces. It's very simple, really! The reason for this is so that work won't get lost in the abyss that is the internet, and so that everyone's work has a chance to get a critique!

As Night Mistress also said, the help and support wiki is up above, but please don't hesitate to either PM me, a junior Mod, or a Mod, which are the users in light green and dark green, respectively. :D Any of us would be more then happy to answer your questions. ^_^

I'm so glad you joined, and I hope to see you around the forums!

Sachiko
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:59 am
Conrad Rice says...

Hi Todge. Good to see you decided to join us here on YWS. I hope you enjoy yourself. I happen to like film stuff too. I've tried to write scripts before, but I'm afraid they've always come out substandard. You'll undoubtedly do better than me in that particular endeavor, being in college and everything. :)
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:54 am
JabberHut says...

Hey, Todge!

I wanted to say real quick that when I saw you on the Recent Posts on the homepage, I thought it read as:

Towdy
By Hodge

Yeah, it was kinda cool. :lol:

Anyway, welcome to YWS, my friend!

I couldn't help but say, "Wow, that's awesome!" when I read the film director part. Do you know how cool that would be? Like... freaking fantastic, that's how. I'm sure you kinda knew that, but you have my support all the way!

And definitely, fantasy is the best. We need some good fantasy movies out there anyway, so as I've said, you have my full support. =D I can't wait to see some of your stuff. It's gotta be good. ^_^

You seem to be handling the rules well, so I won't sermon you on those. There's the list created by our amazing Administrator, Nate. Quick easy read, so no worries. ^^

If you're looking for reviews, you can always ask the purple people around here. They're Instructors and specialize in critiquing everyone's work on the site. If there are any issues you would like to discuss or report, you can always contact the Junior Moderators (the light green people) or the Moderators (dark green). Administrators are red, such as you see Nate wearing in the rules. :wink: And if you have questions about the site in general, Greeters (the light blue) are great people to ask, though anyone on this site can help you.

I look forward to reading your stuff! Have fun around YWS; You'll never find a better forum. :wink:

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:28 am
Demeter says...

Heya, Todge!

I love saying your username out loud :D Welcome to the family.

How are you doing today? Hopefully fine. We're having a Porridge Party today at my school :P No one really knows what it is, but sounds like eating porridge. Haha. We are a strange school. It seems.

Well, I hpe you'll love it here. PM me anytime :)

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:04 pm
Kaylyn says...

Howdy Hodge.

Its nice to see that you have found YWS. Its a great place to improve your writing skills. I know that it had done me a big favor. :)

Check out the rules, and you'll be well liked. No chat talk, but if you read the rules, you can see that. :)

If you need any help, PM me, I'll be glad to help.

See ya 'round the forums.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:58 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya!

Scriptwriting sounds really, really cool. How is it different then writing prose?

YWS has a forum for submitting scripts, just to let you know.

One tinny little rule that wasn't covered: Stay away from chat speak. Some abbreviations are alright: the easy to translate/author related ones, as long as they are used sparingly.

What kind of worlds do you create? Are they based on any places/cultures in particular?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

6 Reviews

Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:57 am
Todge says...

Thankyou all for the great reception and welcome.

I have read the rules and thankyou for making me feel welcomed here after just one post

I will try my best to contribute to the forum as much as I can :)

pain is that feeling when you are feeling hurt, but it never goes away leaving me hurt. oh it hurts.
— Dragonthorn