z

Young Writers Society

Hello...

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:49 am
Macs says...

Hello everyone,
I recently joined these forums, but only now have I found the time to post. I have read one of the stories- amazing, if I do say so myself- and look forwrad to reading more. I may not post many of my own stories (I am extremely paranoid about people stealing my work). I am writing a few stories at the moment, though. I began one in National Novel Writing Month (here). It is now 73 pages long, size 10, times new roman font. I am hoping to get it published, and my brother-in-law will be making a paper-back version of it at his work when I finish. I think he'll be my agent. He also lent me this old (Windows ME- Millenium Edition) laptop to finish my novel on. I need to be plugged in at all times for it to work, but I also need to be plugged into my internet connection. So sorry if I am not on much.
Anyways, now for more about me. I am a thirteen year old girl, and my birthday is coming up soon (February!). I am well known on these sites: ZTMR and The Official Zoo Tycoon Forums. Sadly, the Official Forums closed down, but that is why I joined ZTMR. You can call me Macs or NVG. I am known as Macs, NatureVetGirl, Moomoo62, Mollycat, Mollycat62, and Fujitsu6 on a variety of sites, most of which I have quit going to.
I love writing, reading, drawing, music, and biking. I also love nature and I hope to be a veterinarian/author when I grow up. I live in Canada, and, yes, some Canadians do say "eh?" a lot. I know that I say it in almost every sentence when I speak.
Hopefully I can become friends with most of the people here by the end of my stay.
:smt114 Merry Christmas!
-Macs

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:16 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:15 am
Stori says...

Hi there? How's the weather?

Anyway... remember to post two reviews for every story, it's polite. And drop by the chat sometime. ...That's about all.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:12 am
Sachiko says...

Hiya, Macs! :D Welcome to the Young Writer's Society! I'm Sachiko, but you can call me any variation you can think of of my username! xD

What type of writing do you like to do? I'm glad to see that you participated in NaNoWriMo! Wasn't it a great experience? :D

I hope that you can get around to posting some of your projects on here. We even have an Art and Photography forum! All we ask here is that you keep the posting ratio two to one, as the two above me have helpfully pointed out. :wink:

I hope to see you around, soon! You can PM me if you have any questions, or you can ask one of the junior moderaters, or moderaters, which are in light green, and green, respectively. :D

K, done rambling now! ^_^

Sachiko
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:52 am
BigBadBear says...

Hey, Macs! How are you? I'm so happy that you decided to join the community of YWS! We're excited to have you join us.

I'm Jared, BigBadBear, BBB, 3B, or whatever you can think of. Heck, I'll go by 'Hey, You With The Nose!" Whatever. ^_^

Like everyone else has so kindly said, before you post any of your work, please make sure that you have posted a review for two other stories or poems. It doesn't matter which one. It's just a common courtesy.

I love writing, reading, drawing, music, and biking.

Are you sure you're not my twin sister or something? I love all of those things! I could go on and on and on and on and-- anyway. Yes. Writing, reading, drawing, music and biking are my world. We should chat sometime.

Anyway. I hope you have a fantastic stay here at YWS! I'm excited to see you improve your writing skills! You'll have fun here and get addicted like I did. I just know it. ;) I'll see you around the site, Macs!

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:01 am
JabberHut says...

Hey, Macs! =D

Welcome to the Young Writers Society! You can call me by any form of my name. Someone managed to get Click out of it, so whatever works for you. :wink:

I won't bore you with the 2:1 ratio thing since everyone else pounced on that baby, but here are the Rules written by our amazing Administrator, Nate. Read them on your own time, though you seem to have made a fine start to your YWS life!

Canada, eh? (No pun intended. ><) I lived in the northern US for 7 years of my life, so I have an awesome northern accent, including all the eh's! =D

Oh, I did NaNo too! It was my first time this year! I hope it went well for you. Sounds like you got a huge and exciting plan for your novel, so I'll be with you in spirit as you go along your quest. :wink:

Well, back to YWS. You're going to have a great time here. I hope to see at least some of your work. I enjoy reading people's writing. I learn a lot from reading their work, and trust me, you'll learn a lot from the advice given. Ask the purple people for a healthy critique. They're known as Instructors and are known for giving very helpful critiques. Any issues can go to the JMs (light green people) or the mods (dark green people), and the red names are administrators. Just for reference. ^_^

Oh, and orange means Distinguished Members, meaning they've been on this site for a while. It took me ages just to figure that out, so I hope remember this fact for future reference around YWS. :lol:

I hope you enjoy your life here on YWS, and I'll totally see you around! =D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:34 am
Wiggy says...

Hey Macs!

I'm Wiggy, and welcome to YWS! It's awesome here, which I'm sure you'll discover soon enough for yourself. :) I'm glad you read the stories already--aren't there some amazing writers here? I just know we have the next [insert famous author here] on our hands! You'll grow in your literary talent as you come back to the site--I promise. The members here give some absolutely AMAZING critiques. And don't worry about posting your work because everything is automatically copyrighted once it's on here.

So, come on in, check out the forums, blogs, usergroups, and enjoy yourself! *hands bubbly drink* It's on the house! :) (And yeah, I'm not sure what's in the drink, but seriously--bubbles? You can't get much better than that. :))

Happy writing!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:35 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

Merry early Christmas, Macs!

Yay! You got me all excited about Christmas... :D It's soon, wheehee!

Well, hopefully you'll have fun around the site. In fact I have a strong feeling you will ;)

You're free to PM me anytime in anything at all, like if you need a review or have questions or just want to talk, or if you come up with another option, you can PM me on that, too. :)

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:09 pm
Rosendorn says...

So "eh" isn't just Canadian? Nuts. Ah well, the U.S. apparently does the same thing with "huh." Yes, I'm a language freak. I own a dictionary called Only in Canada You Say...

Did you finish NaNo? What was your story about?

Another dinosaur laptop user. Mine is an IBM Thinkpad, and until recently it ran one of the earliest versions of Windows 98! Now it's up to Windows 2000, but I can't unplug it. Yours has Internet? Lucky.

Christmas. Something must happen after December 1st. Me, November 31st: Christmas, who cares? December 1st: 24 days until Christmas!

If you need anything, drop me a line!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

21 Reviews

Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:39 am
Macs says...

Thanky you all for your help! I look forward to reading your stories :). This place is so much bigger than any forums that I have ever been to, so it will take a while to get used to. Now that I know the works are automatically copyrighted I'll probably post more :). (Rosey, I'm amazed that you found me so quick! This place is HUGE!)
I hopw to become great friends with a lot of the people here. :) Especially you guys who posted here, welcoming me.
I have one question: Do you use the quick reply box or the "reply" box to reply? It's sort of confusing, and I have used both. What's the difference, anyways?
Thanks,
-Macs

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:07 am
Juniper says...

Hey there Macs!

Welcome to YWS! You have just joined the most awesome forum around, as my friends above have stated without actually saying it.

They have also covered the 2:1 policy and reminded you to read the rules

You can call me June, Spring, Rain, anything you wish. I prefer June most, but nicknames are welcome ^^.

Yes, you should post some of your work! I'd love to read and review it :). I'm sure you'll be quick friends with the people around here. If you like writing, you are immediately our best friend.

Canada, huh? One of my bestest friends are from there :D. And he says "Eh" a lot. Northern US'ers say "huh" instead of "eh" I don't know why... and Canadians also say "Ah" a lot.

Sweet! You share my interests! I love drawing; I just don't have much patience when I do it, and biking is my life. Well, almost. Part of my life. Bike racing and BMX biking totally rock :D.

Anyway... I forgot what I was saying! Welcome aboard!

Quick reply is great if you are replying to a post like this and you're just using flat text, but the post reply button is better if you are doing reviews or posting a story and you're going to italicize, bold and all the cool stuff :). They're pretty much the same, the other just has more helpful hints. Or whatever they're called.

Welcome aboard! If you need anything feel free to PM me or any of the nice people who posted before me :D. Make yourself at home!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:14 am
Snoink says...

I'm using quick reply right now! It's easier. ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to come in and say hi! I'm a mod, so if you want to bug me for anything, you can.

On a less official note! I was talking on the phone with one of the Canadians here (she's known as smaur and she's an AMAZING writer, check out one of her stories here) and she didn't say "eh?" at all! What weirded me out was she said, "Pardon?" a lot. Most Americans just say, "What?" in an obnoxiously sharp voice. Like... me!

Anyway, glad you're here!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:17 pm
Rosendorn says...

Macs wrote: (Rosey, I'm amazed that you found me so quick! This place is HUGE!)

-Macs

I searched the site to find you. (I know her from another site).

Yeah, this place is huge, but give it a short amount of time (Took me three days :P )and you'll know just about everything you need, and more!

I always use reply. Don't ask why. Force of habit, I guess.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:07 pm
Kaylyn says...

Wow, i wish that I was that far on my book. I seem to develop a severe case of writers block.

Welcome to YWs! Everyone is mostly nice here. A few may bite. :)

I can't wait to see your stories, Pm me when you need one reviewed.
Check out the Rules, and you'll be doing great.
If you have any problems finding your way around, let me know. :)
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

21 Reviews

Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:55 am
Macs says...

Thanks again, everyone!
I have another question, though. :P Here it is: What are the points for?
My name is Molly. Call me Molly.
My favorite colour is
orange.
My favorite band is
the White Stripes.
My favorite literature is
good literature.

“Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion.”
— Dylan Thomas