z

Young Writers Society

Nananana Nanananana

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:19 am
iRENT says...

BETTER THAN BATMAN, it's me. names are completely overrated, so you won't be getting one from me. i don't care what you call me; whether it's fatty mcporker, irent, mr. president, or a more run of the mill name like bob, i have no qualms with it. however, i'd like it to be known that i'm neither fat nor do i rent– i own emotion, kthx.

surely now that i've not given you a name you want to know something definite about me. well, rest assured, timothy, that your wish will be fulfilled. i am:

twelve, fifteen, or seventeen.
male or female.
currently living near somewhere in either north or south america.
sane. i am. i'm not un-sane. i'm not even insane or crazy– not taking any pills whatsoever.

i know about the story/review ratio thingit that you guys seem to bring up on every welcome board, no chat speakkkkk~~.. feel free to list other important rules, inform me of every mistake i made in this post, and introduce yourself or whatever. i'm going to go and attempt to find the "DON'T-DO-THESE-SEVENTY-THINGS-OR-YOU'RE-INSTA-BANNED-KASDJFHKSD" list. all i've found so far are the things mentioned above and that i can't post stuff that is even mildly offensive or contains sex. which makes me sad. and i don't want a lecture todayyy. I LOVE THE EARTH AND PEOPLE AND ANIMALS AND I KNOW WE'LL ALL BE THE BESTEST OF FRIENDS. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

i'mma look for restrictions on the writing.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:30 am
Teague says...

Hi there! Welcome to YWS! My name is Teague. ^^

Hah, I'm glad you caught on to a few of our most basic rules! Yes, be sure to complete 2 reviews for every 1 piece of literature that you post, keeping in mind that reviews only count if they are 250+ characters (about 40-50 words) long. And yes, no chat speak -- we are writers, after all. And yes, not capitalizing your I's does count as chat speak. ;) In addition, try to take it easy on the caps -- we don't allow all-caps titles, as that's interpreted as shouting on the Internet.

We don't really have restrictions on writing. We only ask that you rate your work appropriately -- G, PG, PG-13, and R. As long as you rate your work, we're okay! R is the only rating that is absolutely required, as well. However, if you rate your work and it falls under G through PG-13, it will appear on the front page of the site. Unrated and R works do not appear as such. Here are some guidelines for rating your work.

If you have any questions/comments/chocolate chip cookies, don't be afraid to send me a PM! My light green name means I'm a Junior Moderator here, meaning that I'm responsible for many things, one of them being helping out new members. You can also PM anyone with a light blue, purple, light green, dark green, or red name. They're all here to help you. ^^

Hope to see you around the site!

Teague
x
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

Random avatar

Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:20 am
iRENT says...

I'm glad that I received the ratio explanation I was trying to avoid by stating in the fist post that I understood. Thank you, really. Typing my i's in lowercase, I'll admit, isn't proper capitalization, but it also isn't chat speak; however, since it looks like it's akin to defying the Bible, I'll deal until I continue my search for a writer's site that suits my needs. Btw, the interweb shouting was intentional. It usually helps to hint at sarcasm (i.e.- in actuality, I don't very much care for the earth, don't plan on wasting time attempting to make friends with anyone here, etc.) since people don't pick up on it with much ease in real life, let alone a computer (mine, at least. I don't change my tone when I'm doing it. Like, "I'm going out tonight" would be said in the same voice as "No, your mother is not fat", even though I'm being sarcastic.).

Nty to the offering of help, and have a nice day. I got side-tracked by YouTube, so I suppose I'll continue looking for the rules now.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:15 am
ChernobyllyInclined says...

Probably the best part is when you say you are not insane. Everyone seems to think it makes them cool to claim to be insane. It just makes them stupid. Plus, insane people never admit to being insane.

But you're a pretty nasty little bastard. And I mean that in the best possible way. Really, I do. I really do. Yes, I really do. Really.

I'm glad that you want to be my friend and save the animals. I want to be my friend, too. Good job. Pulitzer Prize. You threw condoms at starving African children.

Anyhow, I suggest you continue being truly amusing, for my own sake. And don't EVER tell anyone what you are. Whether it be snake, elephant, lichen, Jew, San Antonian, koala bear, etc. Be better, you will.
"Men invent new ideals because they dare not attempt old ideals. They look forward with enthusiasm, because they are afraid to look back."

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:01 pm
Night Mistress says...

welcome to the family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:15 am
JabberHut says...

Hey, Rent!

I like you. I'll just say that right now. You are discreet with your gender and age and etc. Definitely the way to go. I am pleased. ^_^

Have you seen The Dark Knight? Best movie of all times, I daresay. But you claim to be better than Batman, so you must be pretty awesome. :wink:

Very good job in reading the rules! Very good. ^_^ Again, I am pleased.

Keep in mind to respect our members, even with sarcasm. ^^ Watch when you use sarcasm and decide if it's obvious enough to say sarcastically or not. We don't want to be rude to each other, ja? :wink:

I think you skipped a certain topic about yourself. What do you write? I would love to read some of your work, but I must know where to find it! ^_^

I do hope you'll enjoy yourself here on YWS. It's like a second home for me. I come here quite often. If you have questions, you can always contact me. Greeters (the light blue people) are excellent to ask for answers as well as the other colored people. :wink:

See you around! =D

Jabber, the One and Only!

**Edit: The title to your thread here reminded me of my favorite song, Mahna Mahna by Cake. ^^ Amazing song, just by the way. :D
I make my own policies.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:10 am
Someguy says...

Yo welcome to the club!

Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

Looking forward to critique your work.
Look at my big shiny shell...

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:24 am
Demeter says...

Nanananana!

Batman rocks! But because you're better than Batman, you must rock harder? Haha.

Welcome to YWS! I like you already, mysteriosity is classy! :D

It's good that you already know about the rules. It's good. Good. Good.

Okay. Let's stop now. I just read what I wrote and it looks so stupid, haha :D You just have to deal with it. ;)

Well well, see you around and have lots of fun. PM me on anything!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:09 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome to YWs!

Your 15... so you would be a freshman right?

I like your introduction, its different. :) in a good way of course.

Just check out the rules, and no one will bite. (there might be a few.) :)

I can't wait to check out your works. There is no limit on your works of course, just make sure you rate them. :)

Well, PM me if you have any problems, or have any questions. I'll be glad to help.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

Random avatar

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 pm
iRENT says...

"[s]You threw condoms at starving African children.[/s]"
And you just fed them. Congrats.

"[s]Have you seen The Dark Knight?[/s]"
Mhm. And I'm notttt going to take the time to respond to the rest of your message lest I come across as ~rude and sarcastic~ again. (I write words, btw.)

"[s]But because you're better than Batman, you must rock harder?[/s]"
I rock so hard, I broke your mom's bed. |:

"[s]I like your introduction, its different. in a good way of course.[/s]"
I like how people keep on trying to reassure me that their comments aren't meant to be hurtful. Don't worry, it's the interwebz; however, if you find yourself over on Neopets, I'd watch what you say. Some chicks get rly emotional when it comes to you insulting their Vampire Bible.

"[s]Your 15[/s]"
Forgot to reply to this. I'm better than ~definite~. I'm multiple choice. For this site I chose to be fifteen. Don't worry, tho. If I am actually a thirty-five year old man, balding and over-weight, I'll hire a prostitute before I come after anyone on here.

You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
— Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid