z

Young Writers Society

Hello Friends :)

Reviews: 1
Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:23 pm
Wynnyr says...

Hey

My name is Erin, I'm 18 years old. I just figured I'd introduce myself since I'm new. Any suggestions about what to do here? I'm slightly overwhelmed....

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:25 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:58 pm
Adnamarine says...

hiya Erin.

No worries, you'll know your way around here by heart in no time. The best place to start would definitely be the literary forums. It's pretty straightforward there. And I see you've already found it. 1 review to your credit already. Lovely.

From there... you can check out our usergroups (the 'Group' tab on the header), find others with similar interest to you.

Under 'Community' we have some cool spots. The Lounge is just for chilling, say whatever's on your mind, whatever you feel like saying. (only with proper English of course ;) please don't use chatspeak) Word games - that's pretty self explanatory? lots of fun.
And there's the Writer's Corner! I think it's especially helpful for the novel writer, but it's quite wonderful in any case, vent your frustration, ask the most random questions for any kind of information you need for whatever you happen to be working on, discuss your plot, your characters and get loads of advice.

So just, hey, check out the FAQ, in the this forum, follow the rules, have fun, and get ready to start spending all your spare time here. :P

Any question feel free to PM me!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:01 am
Conrad Rice says...

Hi Wynnyr. Glad to see that you decided to join us at YWS. :) If you're looking for some cool places to hang out, the Literature forums are always good. After you review your two stories, you're free to post your own. Can't wait to see what you have to offer. :)
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:29 am
Wiggy says...

Hey Erin! What's going on?

I'm Wiggy, or Mary, and I'm so happy that you decided to join YWS! It's seriously the best writing website out there. :) It's a landmine of resources here--try the literature forums, community forums, or just browse the blogs. The members are super friendly, and we have the best mod ever (yeah Nate! :)). Looking for a place to start? I'd honestly suggest the blogs. It kinda helps to get to know different members first, and then you can branch out and critique stories (crit two of them and then you can post your own) or just be random in the lounge and such.

It's tons of fun. :) Glad you joined, and pm me if you have any questions!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

Wynnyr. Love the name. You didn't base it off Wyverns, did you?

Start checking your profile and answer any "Welcome" guestbook entries. Or check out the profiles of people who answered you. Surprises can be found.

What do you like to read and write? My favourites to read are fantasy and historical fiction. My writing is fantasy.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:44 pm
JabberHut says...

Hey, Wynnyr!

Haha, I know what you mean. When I first joined, I was like... O.O

But! You will soon get used to the site and know it like the back of your hand. You'll even dream about YWS. Yes. It's a normal side-effect though, so do not fear. Ask your doctor about possible medications such as internet, computer, more days off, or possibly no life at all so that you may stay here for the rest of your dear life. ^_^

Just don't forget to eat and pee. *nods*

Anyway! Welcome to YWS! :D My name is Jabber, and I will be your host for these brief seconds of your life. Would you like to see the Information Desk, where our excellent administrators (Nate primarily, but the red folks) and fantabulous moderators (dark green folks) will post important information that the site must/can read? You will find it within the Welcome Forums.

Or possibly the Literary Forums, where members can post their work (whether it be poetry, stories/prose, plays, songs, pictures/art, and others) as well as review others' work so as to return the favor and help them improve their writing as well as yours?

Maybe the General Discussion Board, where members go to, as they say, "hang out" and have fun. Among the lovely forums within, the "Will Review For Food" is an excellent spot to request reviews for your own work. I recommend pointing out the purple people, known as Instructors for they specialize in critiques, but everyone there is available to give you a top critique of your choice. :D

Oh, and definitely, saving the best for last. The Rules and Guidelines written by our famous Administrator, Mr. Nate, are an important part of our site. I recommend you look through those if you haven't already. And Resources, found at the top of the page, includes plenty of tips when it comes to writing whatever you are writing. Especially the Knowledge Base. :wink:

I hope you enjoy yourself here at YWS! Be aware that you will find this site extremely amazing--so amazing, in fact, you will never leave. O: Scary, I know.

But hey, I never left! :wink: I'll see you around! =D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

I think the best thing about making it into the quote generator is when nobody tells you, so one day you're just scrolling and voila, some phenomenally inane thing that crawled out of your dying synapses and immediately regretted being born the second it made contact with the air has been archived for all time. Or worse, a remark of only average inanity. Never tell me when you've put me in the generator. Pride-tinged regret just doesn't taste the same without the spice of surprise.
— SirenCymbaline