z

Young Writers Society

hullo

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:26 pm
adi says...

hey guys :]

my name is adrienne, or adi. i'm 13, and love writing (obviously).

i've been writing for a while now, and really want some solid critique on my work, which is why i cam here.

i write fiction. fiction and fantasy.

besides writing, i love drawing (http://adi-sama.deviantart.com), and reading (which is a given), watching movies, and listening to music.

my favorite books are the perks of being a wallflower, the book thief, the last invisible boy, i am the messenger, and anything by m.t. anderson (feed, octavian nothing, the game of sunken places...). i also like comic books, because i'm a nerd. you can attempt to argue with me, but watchmen is amazing, you have to admit. possibly the best.

as for music? i listen to everything. rock, everything from old stuff like the ramones, to the new stuff, like against me!, and the white stripes, and muse and stuff, to the weird stuff like gogol bordello (they're "gypsy punk" but whatever). i also like softer stuff, like bat for lashes and coldplay and radiohead and damien rice and death cab for cutie, and even classical (mainly philip glass). i could go on and on.

now movies. my all time favorites are v for vendetta and everything is illuminated. yeah. i like tons of other stuff too.

so there you go. now you basically know me :]

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:29 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:02 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Hey there ;)
Welcome to the family XD
You like the Book Thief? I love that book *high five :lol:*
Two main rules:

1. 2/1 review cycle
2. No chat speak.

1. You must review two things before you post one. You must make sure for everything that you post you have reviewed at least two pieces of others' work. This means that if you review someone's piece then they are more likely to review your's ;)

2. Don't worry about lol YWS btw ftw but don't use r...u..... words like that :lol: After all, we are all writers XD

Two helpful tips:

1. Be nice when you review pieces. Be kind and make a point of noting the good parts, never just say it's crap, I hated it. :lol: Say something a bit nicer such as:
I like where you're going with the dialogue but I don't really like the story too much, maybe you should start again with something new or severely edit it. But keep up the work on that dialogue XD
Use smilies, this makes you seem a nice person, and will encourage people to talk to you.

2. Enjoy YWS! There's loads of stuff to do here, forums etc. If you've got any questions pm me :D :lol: :) XD
for what are we without words and stories?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:03 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

One quick thing: No chat speak. That means using proper caps and staying away from most abbreviations. Some are fine (lol, btw, asap, mc [Main Character], pov [point of view character], YWS, easy to translate ones) but try to stay away from full blown texting.

You have covered the questions that are usually asked. I'm impressed.

The fantasy section is probably one of the most active on here. You will not be short of people willing to critique your work!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:07 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

Ha! You like The Ramones! Yay for real punk fans!
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:24 pm
Mars says...

Hold up. Did you say feed? feed is one of my favorite books, everrrrrrrr!
And, there's and Everything is Illuminated MOVIE? That's amazing. Welcome to YWS, adi, you'll definitely find good critiques here.
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:40 pm
Adnamarine says...

Watcha adi. :)

I love Damien Rice! And Death Cab for Cutie. That's brilliant mate. I had to start with that. :) I just jumped out at me that you liked those, because I read the list of books and was all disappointed; I've never read any of them. :) Haven't seen those movies either, though my friend really wants me to watch V for Vendetta with her.

Anyway, so glad you're here! I always seem to be too late to get to the rules, but no biggy. You've gotta be quite well informed in that area by now, huh? Lovely.

But I get to let you know about some other class stuff we have around here, eh? The literary forums are a given, I hope. ;) But this place is an entire support center. In the Writer's Corner you'll get avalanched with advice, if you ask, or you can just vent, I suppose you could also just use it as a place to plot out your whole story. I think you could ask just about anything from "what does the sea term sprit mean?" to "would a minotaur fit in my story?" and get at least one answer.

Ooh, also, we've our millions of usergroups. At least, if feels like millions. And you know, if you find a topic that's not being covered by one of them, and you want it to be, you just start a new one, right?
*psst, Lost in Austen. sshh*

And that's just the tip of the iceburg. Everything's so much deeper than it's outward appearances, because in the end it's all about the people from out founder Nate, to our newest member. :)

And you're gonna love it, and you're going to become a better writer. And I will keep sounding sappy. *shrugs* it seems to be what I do...

PM me any time for a review!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

No one is perfect; not even your reflection.
— Chalkboard Words