z

Young Writers Society

Getting Back to writing

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:34 am
Ducati says...

So I'm new here and I thought it'd be helpful to join up as I'm getting back into writing am and kidna shy about getting feedback in real life. I'm sorta starting to work on a novel right now, but I've mainly done poetry, short stories and essays in the past. I look forward to making some new friends too! Um about me.. :oops: I'm 16 and I live in Australia, love to keep healthy and cook vegetarian meals. I like to read (duh) watch movies, sing, act and party!! I've finished school for the year so I've got time to indulge in creative pursuits for awhile :wink:

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:37 am
Inksplatter says...

Welcome Ducati!
I shall not write a bigraphy on the rules as I am not a Greeter, but I shall announce the 2:1 ratio.
Before posting a piece of your own work, one must review two stories of someone elses. This stops spam and one-time-post crooks.
I'd gladly review your story for you, just send me a PM when you've posted something.
Hopefuly see you around,
-Inksplatter-

42 Reviews

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:43 am
Ducati says...

Thankyou for telling me that!! I do love to review people's work so I hope I will fit in quite nicely. I'll go have a look at the forum rules :D

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:45 am
Inksplatter says...

I'm definate you'll fit in nicely, all the good members use smileys! :)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:58 am
Snoink says...

Hello, Ducati! We have a lot of Aussies here on this site, so hopefully that doesn't freak you out too much. :P But it's really cool that you're here! This is an excellent community to get your foot in the door, as far as writing goes, and I'm glad you're a part of it! I don't know if you know this yet, but we're especially awesome because we are so big that we actually have a published book of short stories and poetry and we're looking to make a new one soon. So this means you can actually be published, if you polish one of your short stories or poems and it makes "the cut." Of course, we'll help you polish it. After all, that's what we do here, no? ;)

Anyway, I'm Snoink, and I'm a moderator for YWS! Why is this important, you ask? Well, basically it means that, if you have any questions about the site, you can always ask me and I would be more than happy to help you. :D I'm also the go to person that if you have any problems with any members, want to have your thread locked, or just want to get in contact with lots of awesome writers, since I pretty much know everybody on this site. XD

Also! If you have any other questions or discussion topics that pop into your mind randomly, you can always ask those. No, really. Any questions. XD I've had people ask me about boys, diseases, sociopaths, religion, maths, physics, sex, eating disorders, and a bunch of other completely random things! I do math tutoring and I do a lot of science research, simply because I love science, so if you're struggling in maths, I can probably help you. ;)

But more than that, I tend to critique a ridiculous amount too. Not this week--I have finals, and it's going to be brutal. But if you have any stories or poems that you would like critiqued, feel free to post it in my critique-requests thread, Pig Droppings.

...if you haven't guessed, I love pigs. XD

Anyway! See you around! :D If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:58 am
Someguy says...

Why are the Australians taking over?

Ah well..nah just joking. Australia is cool!!!! Which part of Australia do you live in?

Anyhoo, So how are you? Do you play any instruments except singing?
Do you like cheese? :lol:

Anyway I hope you like it here and look forward to "comment" on your work.
Since I love poetry too, that might be often...

:smt084 :smt084 :smt101 :smt102 :smt110 :smt109 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt118 :smt111 :smt103 :smt093 :smt093 :smt093 :smt093 :smt084 :smt084 :smt077 :smt064 :smt021 :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

-Someguy-
Look at my big shiny shell...

42 Reviews

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:21 am
Ducati says...

I live in Canberra, which is the Capital, but also the only city not on the coast :( I've tried and failed at many instruments over the year. Singing I like because you just got to open your mouth and it comes out! And cheese I love, especially in this lovely tomato and brie tart I like to cook. It sort of half melts. Yum. Also on pizza is good too :lol:

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 am
Someguy says...

What about sushi?

That is good too. Oh wait...yeah I see...You're a vegetarian...ah well...

Oh yeah I forgot in my other post. If ya need any help. PM me.
Look at my big shiny shell...

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:12 pm
Night Mistress says...

welcome to the family.

since the ratio has already been say, i wouldn't say it again.

so, are you a vegantain? do you like?

what type of book do you read? and what genre to do you write?

if you ever need anything including friendship, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:13 am
Demeter says...

G'day, mate!

Sorry :lol: I just had to! I love Australia, though I've never been there. Would love to, though.

I like acting and singing as well! Are you in any sort of drama club or something? Do you take singing classes? I don't, but I just sing all the time (when I'm alone, haha).

Well, I'm sure you'll love it here! Can't wait to see your work and to get to know you! Have fun and PM anytime.

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

42 Reviews

Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:48 am
Ducati says...

yeah, what's doing, maaaate?
lol enough of being bogan (Aussie version of redneck)
I recently performed in a production of Bang Bang You're Dead, a play about a high school shooting. I'm taking Performing shakespeare in college next year so should be fun! I used to sing in a choir, but I gave it up because I got more invovled in sports. I should've mentioned that! I play soccer and squash, but it's off season now, so I'm a little out of shape :).

You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves!
— Brian Cohen