z

Young Writers Society

hi :D

Reviews: 0
Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:52 am
raquel2towers says...

hey! just welcoming myself into the community.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:54 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hola
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:46 am
Merry_Haven says...

raquel2towers-
Hey, welcome to the family of writers! I hope you have an awesome time here.

Remember to check out the Help and Support tab. One major rule, the review/posting. It's two reviews for every post you make. In short terms, 2:1. The other major rule is chat-speak. Don't do it and everything will go smoothly... :D

So you didn't really tell us about yourself. Any favorites? Novels? Music? TV shows/movies? Etc.

What do you like to do for fun, besides write? Any places that give you inspiration? Do you have a specific genre of music when you write or is it anything?

Let's see...my room can give me the inspiration I need. Or maybe Westport. (beach) My music for writing depends on the type of genre of writing I do.

Anyway, what do you like to write? Anything that you absolutely love to write?

Well, if you ever wanna chat, you can always hit that pm button.

-Merry

~oh, this site is very addicting!~
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:58 am
lilymoore says...

Merry Haven touched on all the big stuff but I figured I should stop in and say HI too. Anyway, it would be nice to hear a little more about yourself.

Oh, and yeah, any time you need someone to chat with or if you have any questions, just pm me.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:36 am
fun4eva says...

Sup! Great to see you here Raquel.

Make sure you have made reviewed two pieces before posting your own.

No chat speak, please.

Other help- look into the help and support tab above. You can even meet and have fun with other members at the lounge.

Hope to see your work soon. Hope you're liking YWS!

~~Fun4eva~~

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:34 am
Someguy says...

Yo what's up?

Just came to say hi!

Hope ya like it here...

-Someguy-
Look at my big shiny shell...

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:15 am
casey_kent says...

Hi!

Welcome to YWS!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

See ya around!

~Casey
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:28 am
Inksplatter says...

Welcome to YoungWritersSociety (YWS)
I'm fairly fresh off the shelf and so I am still navigaitng my way around the forum.
The people here are so welcoming and I believe I have half of the forum on my MSN contact list already :smt037
I'd gladly review a piece of your writing, but until then, I hope to see you around;
-Inksplatter-

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:35 pm
Rosendorn says...

Long MSN list there Inksplatter.....

I'm pretty new too, just joined last week! It might be longer though since this place feels like home. I spend a good chunk of my free time on here (I don't have much of a life....).

Marry covered just about everything.

Hi and welcome!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:10 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey.

welcome to the family.

since merry told you the important, i will skip those out.

so, tell us a little bit more about yourself. what type of book do you read> what music do you listen to? what genre to do you write?

there's no need to be shy.

if you ever need anything, including friendship. feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:20 am
Demeter says...

Hi there, Raquel!

For some reason, your username made me think of Rapunzel. Is it intentional? :D

How are you? Good, I hope?

So, tell us about yourself. What kind of person are you? :)

Hopefully you have fun here, and PM me if you need anything ever, okay? See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Hey there ;)
I'm Kirsten *gives welcoming hugg:)*

You probably know our two main rules:

1: Review/Post 2/1
2. No chat speak

1. You must keep your ratio 2/1 otherwise people'll go on and on and on at you ;) And you don't want that. If you're having trouble choosing which pieces to review you can go to here:
forum188.html
You can post a thread asking for pieces to review, but this is also a great help when you're looking for someone to review your piece.
If you review someone else's work then in return they (Should) review yours.

2. Don't worry about lol, ftw, btw but no u r etc. We are, after all, writers :D

Ok; some friendly advice:

Use lots of smilies, these make you appear friendly and approachable. You don't want people being scared of you, do you :lol:

Never critique something saying that it's terrible. This isn't nice and upsets people. You should if possible copy and paste the whole story and then go through parts you like. Always make a point of talking about parts you like, then move onto the improvable parts :lol: This will make you seem nice and helpful. But don't worry about giving harsh critiques. LoveableLittleSocks (I think it is) does great reviews, but they are harsh. When she created her thread she told everyone just how harsh she was, so then, it's not her fault if people ask her to review stuff and she's too harsh on them. Just try to be friendly, helpful and possibly a tad harsh sometimes. Never say it's crap, or say scrap it. If you think they should scrap it, make a point of telling them the parts you did like, maybe the dialogue was great, or the characters, but overall it was terrible. Make sure you tell them how great the characters were, tell them to keep it up on the next story, but that you think maybe they should start a different piece, or severely edit it :lol:

Use the forums;
they're mega fun! Haha just about any subject you could possibly imagine is there. There's groups for you to join and everything. Enjoy YWS! :D Because it's a great place :D

If you've got any questions, that you don't feel anyone here could answer, ask Nate. He's the owner (is that the right word ? :lol: ) of YWS, you'll find him in a lot of the topics in the forums. Basically; he's all over the site. PM him and I'm sure he'll be able to answer your question. But if it's just a small question PM a greeter (The blue people :lol: ) or an instructor, junior moderator, or just someone who's been a moderator for a long time :D

Welcome to the family :D
What do you write??
As a welcoming present, I'm off to review something of yours. XD
:D :lol: :) ;) :( :twisted: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :oops: :P :x :shock: :? 8) :o
for what are we without words and stories?

[while trapped in a bucket of popcorn] You know what the worst part is? It's not even butter. We're gonna be destroyed by... ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!
— Blake Bradley, Power Rangers Ninja Storm