z

Young Writers Society

Hello Everyone

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:02 pm
Kelvin11 says...

Hey all and my name is Kelvin. As you all know I am a new member to Young Writers Society although I have been a visitor to this site. I'm 20 years old and currently in my second year at a university. My major is English. I enjoy reading and writing. Maybe I will be able to have that book published that I want to write. I would like to become a teacher. I feel a little bit old posting here, but the more members, the merrier. I am from the state of Tennessee. What a beautiful place. It's good to see everyone and hopefully I will be able to meet everyone and engage in the many difference discussions that are here at YWS!
Last edited by Kelvin11 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:07 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Wow, someone from TN, that's nice to see. Welcome to the site, it is a great site and one that you should enjoy greatly. I'm TN, TNC, or Cowgirl, whatever floats your boat to call me. If you need anything just message me and I'll see what I can do or I'll point you towards someone that can help you out a little more. Welcome again.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:12 pm
Kelvin11 says...

TNC, thanks for the welcome. I guess everyone is from a wide range of different countries and cities. I see you are really showing excitement for this site :P

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:14 pm
TNCowgirl says...

OH I absolutely love this site, mostly because I have no life what-so-ever and I can spend time on here, but other then that it has helped my writing alot and my spelling some what. But it is a great site and yes, there are a wide arrange of people here. It's very rare to see someone from TN though, probably because everyone is out hunting or whatever. :P But seriously there aren't many that come on here.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:33 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

What's strange about a new member?

Before you post anything of your own work, you should review two pieces from somebody else. That makes sure everybody gets their stuff reviewed, and it also makes people more likely to review your work.

I probably don't need to tell this to an English major, but a huge rule on here is no chat speak. Some abbreviations are fine (ftw, btw, asap, YWS, lol, easy to translate ones.) but other then that.

Welcome!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:54 pm
Kelvin11 says...

Oh darn. That takes the fun out of casual writing. I guess I have to stick to formal and complete sentences. Thanks for the welcome and I read on other posts about a few times about the reviewing before posting your work and whatnot.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:59 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey.

welcome to the YWS family.

I am from TN too, but now i live in SC. I'm a freshman in college and my major is computer science. fun stuff.

so what genre to you do? action/adventure, poetry, fiction. etc.

and what type of books do you like?

well, if you ever need anything, feel free to give a holla.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Random avatar

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:12 pm
Kelvin11 says...

[quote="Night Mistress"]hey.

welcome to the YWS family.

I am from TN too, but now i live in SC. I'm a freshman in college and my major is computer science. fun stuff.

so what genre to you do? action/adventure, poetry, fiction. etc.

and what type of books do you like?

well, if you ever ne

Nice to meet you Night Mistress. I think everyone lived in Tennessee once and kind of moved to another state. Computer Science sounds really interesting and with its own complexities. I really don't do a particular genre. I just write whatever comes to mind. On the other hand, I have not really written anything in a "formal" way per say. Just write here and there, but no written pieces.

As far as books are concern, I like books that catches my attention. Something fiction or non fiction. Usually no sci-fic or fantasy. Just depends.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:18 pm
Swottielottie says...

Kelvin11 wrote:
I just write whatever comes to mind. On the other hand, I have not really written anything in a "formal" way per say. Just write here and there, but no written pieces.

As far as books are concern, I like books that catches my attention. Something fiction or non fiction. Usually no sci-fic or fantasy. Just depends.

Hey!

Welcome!

I'm a bit like that with my writing. I never finish anything properly, and I'm not proud of most of the 'things' I've written XD.
I don't like sci-fi that much, but I don't think I've read that much to be honest. Fantasy's good, but I hate all that serious/high fantasy that is obviously just a copy of Lord of the Rings, but nevermind my ranting.
So, have you posted anything on here yet? Literary works, I mean? I'd like to see some of you work.

Welcome to the Family, anyhow!

~Charlotte

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:17 am
Demeter says...

Hi there!

Kelvin... like the lamp thingy? :lol: Sorry. Welcome to this awesome site, hopefully you'll enjoy your time here!

So, how've you been?

If you need a review or anything at all, just PM me. Have fun! :)

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.
— Mark Twain