z

Young Writers Society

Aspiring to be Famous!

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:01 pm
Flux says...

Allo, I'm LaReina

"Aspiring to be Famous" totally represent me as a writer. I'm young... and I'm a writer, and I aspire to get my stories published and soon! I luuuuurve horses, and I'm compuslive with writing, I've got a messy brain (not messed-up, no. Messy as in crazy) because of all my ideas.

When I post, please pleeeeeaaaase review, constructive crticism, anything that will help me become a better writing.

Weaknesses
I occasionally do get bored/ tired while writing, and my work lacks. I need to work on description all the time, no matter how boring/ tired I get.
Grammar is also something. :roll: I don't usually spell-check, and thanks to the wonderful writing program "Word Perfect" it spell-checks mostly for me! And occasional spelling...

Well, Thanks,
La Reina!

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:00 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:15 pm
lilymoore says...

Ha, don't we all aspire to be famous.

Anyway, Night Mistress brought it up but don't forget these two big rules on the sight.

#1. The two to one review ratio. For every one post, you're expected to post two reviews.

#2. And I'm only mentioning this cause I worry I'm going to slip on it all the time, but no chat-speak. Its very frowned upon.

But, anyway, hello and I hope you have a wonderful time on the site. If you have any questions or want someone to review anything, just pm me.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:06 am
Mars says...

Hello! (your name means the queen, right? Very cool :))
Welcome to YWS! I think Lily and Night Mistress covered the important rules, soooo....here are some smilies!
:twisted: :oops: :? :D :smt009 :smt019 :P :smt028 :smt038 :smt027 :smt054 :smt074 :smt075 :smt069 :smt082 :smt052 :smt050 :smt059 :smt119
Have fun browsing around the site (trust me, it's addicting). Can't wait to read some of your work!
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:21 am
KailaMarie says...

Hey! I liked your subject. It was honest, and how we all feel, pretty much. haha!

Welcome to the site! It is realllyyyy addicting. Actually, I'm supposed to be doing a Macbeth essay right now, but I'm procrastinating.

...actually, I should get back to that...
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:29 am
Merry_Haven says...

LaReina-
Aren't we all trying to be famous? :wink:

I would love to review your work. What type of genre of writing do you do, anyway?

You're not the only one who gets bored. :roll: I would start writing then eventually something distracts me. Which is not cool. :x

Yeah, spell check is a lifesaver. :D

Well, it was cool to know a little about you.

If you ever wanna chat, you can always hit that PM button.

The weirdness of me,

-Merry

~yes. I like smileys~
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:04 am
Demeter says...

Hi there, LaReina!

Beautiful username! Nice to meet you :) I'm Demeter *curtsies*

What do you like to write? What's your favourite book/author?

Yeah, another messy-brained one, haha. You'll fit in fine. :lol:

Anyhow, PM me if you ever need a review or have questions or just want to talk.

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:55 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome to the family!

I see that you have big plans, good for you. :)

Since everyone has covered the two main rules I would suggest you check out the other Rules. Follow them and no one will bite. (I think) :)

I can't wait to see what your crazy mind can conspire and put on the paper( or in this case the internet)

If you have any questions, wan a review, or just want to chat, fire a PM my way. :)
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:17 am
Flux says...

O.o I didn't expect that many replies! Thank you, I feel sooo welcome!

I hate chatspeak too, so I don't think I'll be speaking it. And the 2 reviews to 1 post rule, I will try as hard as I possibly can to follow it. I love reading anyways, so I'll probably be reading more than writing...:)

As for the books, well I like alot of books. I was very into the Twilight Saga at one point, and i had started reading it before the massive Tsunami and fan-girls came into the scene. Now I'm even scared of saying the word "Twilight" or "Edward" or "Vampire" in public for fear of a huge Cullen Riot... or something like that. Don't hate me, I still love it... well, not really anymore....

I am currently reading the Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke. I just love the idea she had for it. Very unique, and she adds all the right twists and turns and I always love a great thick book to read in front of the fire.

I also like the Mortal Instruments series by Clarissa Clare (It's City of Bones, the first book.) I love her and hate her at the exact same time. The twists she takes in writing are bold and dynamic, and even if you hate her you just can't put the book down!

As for writing, well, I like alot of genres. I like action, and romance (but not full romance, I like a little something else in there too), uhm, I like fantasies too. Especially when they include horses. I like horses. I also like writing sometimes stories about supernatural, but that phase hasn't come for a while.

My favourite bands are probably Paramore, We the Kings, All American Rejects and... hm, Coldplay. You could truly tell I'm a fan if you looked at my Frostwire songs list (yes, 23 Paramore songs and counting :wink: )

And thank you so much for being eager to read what I'm writing. It may be a little wait, because I need just the right idea to get started. Major case of writers block now. I should probably go for a walk in the forest or a run with my iPod and get the gears turning.

P.S. Yes, LaReina does mean "the Queen" in spanish. What a beautiful language!

I think Amelia Earhart wants you to get some ice cream.
— SilverNight