z

Young Writers Society

I just joined.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:15 am
Mutant says...

Hello, my name is Mutant. I just joined here. You probably won't see any very large projects from me- just short stories and maybe a small bit of poetry. I have one character who I'm trying to form a plot around at the moment, but I'm struggling, so it may be a while before I put up any writing.
But I'll certainly be posting on the forums. So, er... Hello. ^^

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:21 am
Stori says...

It's nice to meet you, Mutant. Remember to read the rules, and you should be all right.

7 Reviews

Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:00 am
Mutant says...

Thanks for the greeting.
Don't worry, I'll be sure to stick to the rules. ^^

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:29 am
Juniper says...

Welcome aboard Mutant! You've just joined the best forum available for young writers. Awesomeness just can't get better than this.

The most important rules, I believe, are no chatspeak and our 2:1 policy. Chaptspeak such as "Lol" is allowed, but none of the other stuff like "r u dere?" That's annoying, and we're writers so we're way better than chatspeak, aren't we?
Our 2:1 policy simply means that you have to review at least 2 pieces by someone else before posting one of your own. This continues, simply meaning that for every one piece you post, you should have reviewed two others. It keeps the fun cycling.

So! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'd love to see some of your work on here soon!

Welcome aboard!
June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

7 Reviews

Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:38 am
Mutant says...

Thanks. I'm starting work on a short story tonight. It's not going quickly, but once I get into it, I'll be faster.
So I should probably have my first piece up pretty soon.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:50 am
niteowl says...

Hi Mutant! Welcome to YWS! I like your avatar. Now, since you've already been greeted, I just need to give you a gift. Here you go: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smt006 :smt005 :smt004 :smt002 :smt001 :smt008 :smt026 :smt024 :smt036 :smt044 :smt051 :smt059 :smt055 :smt046 :smt038 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032 :smt077 :smt109 :smt117 :smt118 :smt111 :smt069 :smt072 :smt116 :smt115 :ftw: :pirate3:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:52 am
Bleeding Rose says...

Yay! Another member! All the better to pick on, my dear! Joking! I am actually, well I think so, a good friend to have. I am surportive but at the same time I will tell you when you have messed up. Welcome to YWS! *Gives bear hug* I am happy to greet you! I hope on seeing you around! :wink:
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:02 am
Merry_Haven says...

Mutant-
Hey, welcome to the family! :D I hope you have a wonderful time here.

I would love to read your short stories. Any genres that your stories fall into?

Well, I'll see you around the forums! And if you ever wanna chat, you can always pm me!

-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:49 am
Someguy says...

Yo Mutant. Welcome to the club!

Hope you enjoy and enjoy and... :P

Anyhoo...

Looking forward to critique you work...Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!!
Look at my big shiny shell...

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:07 am
Squall says...

Hey there Mutant, and welcome to YWS. Are you a Mutant Teenage Ninja Turtle? Lol. Anyways, what type of short stories do you write and why do you write them? What area of poetry do you focus on? Why do you write poetry?

And if you are having problems with your character, you should check out the character development usergroup that's run by Snoink. There are some decent advice and tips on how to remedy that problem.

I suggest that you take the time to review some of the poetry that's on the forums. That way, when you post your own poetry onto the forums, it will give them the incentive to review yours back as a sign of gratitude.

Hope you will enjoy your stay on YWS.

Andy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:43 pm
Rosendorn says...

Or there is the "will review of food" subforum under The Lounge. People there are very willing to critique, and in some cases tear your work to shreds to make it better in the long run.

There are a ton of groups to check out that cover just about everything. Great place to meet people with like minds!

Rules are covered, and there actually aren't that many. Just play nice, don't chat speak and do two reviews before posting something of your own. Other then that, free range!

I won't ask anymore questions; they've all been covered!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:16 pm
Demeter says...

Welcome, Mutant!

Ooh, you do poetry, eh? So do I :) It'd be nice to see your work here some time!

How do you like YWS so far? ;) There's so much going on here, I'm still discovering new things, haha. Hopefully you'll have lots of fun around the site.

PM me if you need a review, or just want to chat. I'm online pretty often, so I'm reachable :)

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:59 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey!

welcome to Yws.

So you do poetry? i admire you for that. i can't write poems that well. I write romance fiction and have a few fanfic out there too. i am starting to branch out with my latest idea.

so how are you enjoying YWS?

well, if you ever need anything including friendship, give me a holla.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:20 pm
casey_kent says...

Hey there!

Welcome to YWS!

So, they've said mostly what to do and what not to do. But one thing though, since you're a newbie, try checking out the FAQ on the Welcome page. It'll help a lot.

If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to PM me!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

7 Reviews

Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:18 am
Mutant says...

Whoa, lots of replies. =D
Thanks for the suggestions for my short story. I've managed to get a plot developing, so it's definitely progressing. The genre? I'm not even sure what to call it... Modern romantic fantasy describes it, I suppose. I tend to stick in those areas.
As for the poetry, it may be a while before I get anything up. I don't write poetry very often, and when I do, I usually don't like it and end up scrapping it. If I manage to get a couple satisfactory ones, they'll go up here, but I can't make any promises.

There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable