Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:14 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

Uh, hi everyone. So I'm new, yeah. Just figured I'd say hey. :D

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:30 pm
happy-go-lucky says...

Oh! New person! *waves*

Well firstly: Welcome to the site!!! Hope you have fun, we're all lovely here.......sometimes *cackles*. Just kidding. :D

Ok, secondly, I better run you through some of the basic site rules.

1. No chat-speak. Don't do it.

2. At YWS there's a system, for every piece of work you submit, you must review two pieces of other peoples. Mind you, you probably already know that because you've already got two reviews under your belt! yay!

3. Check out the rules (I think I've covered the two most important ones!)

Thidly, tell us more! What do you like to write? Any particular genres?

Happy writing!

happy-go-lucky

:D
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world"
- Oscar Wilde

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:29 am
Merry_Haven says...

Explosive_Pen-
Hi. Welcome to the family. I hope you have an amazing time here.

I see the rules are already laid down, so I won't go over.

Anyway, tell us a little about yourself. What do you like to do for fun? Any favorites in life?

What do you like to write? Poetry? Fiction? Both? Any genres particularly over another?

I like writing mostly historical fiction, with a tint of romance. :wink:

Well, if you ever wanna chat, you can always pm me. See you around...

-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:29 am
niteowl says...

Welcome Exploding Pen! Since the basics (rules, questions) have been covered already, I'll just give you a gift and be done with it. Charlie?

AH!!! AN EXPLODING PEN! JUST DON'T GET ON MY BRAND-NEW SUIT AND I'LL GIVE YOU A NICE GIFT! DEAL? OKAY! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt026 :smt024 :smt023 :smt035 :smt029 :smt020 :smt027 :smt038 :smt046 :smt061 :smt069 :smt059 :smt051 :smt043 :smt117 :smt077 :smt032 :smt041 :smt040 :smt048
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:20 am
Demeter says...

Hi there, Pen!

Welcome to the magically awesomest site ever! How are you doing?

What do you like to write/read? Are you working on some projects at the moment? Who's your favourite author? [/question overload]

Well, if you feel like you want to ask something about the site, or need a review some time, don't hesitate to PM me! I'll be here :)

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:58 pm
Rosendorn says...

Love your avatar! I'm a bookstore nut too.

Rules have been laid out, so have the questions..... just wanted to say hi!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:42 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hey Explosive_Pen. I like your name. :)

Ooh bookstores! My family makes fun of me for how much I enjoy spending time there. Once I walked into a Barnes and Noble with my sister, and she says I sighed when I got through the doors. I don't remember doing it, but *shrugs*

So I guess those lovely people above me did the obligitory mention of the rules. I hope you were paying attention, because we will severly punish you if you even THINK of breaking one! :P

Hey, so I'm interested to know what kinds of things you like to write, since you must like to write or you wouldn't be here, would you?

I hope you're not too overwhelmed by all this awesomeness we have crammed into the site. You'll get used to it... sort of. You'll get used to being constantly awed at everything. :D

If you have any questions or want a review, please PM me?

Have fun!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:21 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:23 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

Alrighty. I haven't checked back here in a while, so I'll get to work answering the questions.

The username comes from my obsession with explosions, as well as my obsession with pens.
I'm a poet, and yes I know it (I'm tacky). I also like fiction; fantasy, realistic, etc. It's all awesome.
Umm... So yeah. That's basically me. Want to know anymore, PM me.
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:45 pm
Fishr says...

*sits in new member's lap*

*waves in face*

Now that I have your full attention, hehe, welcome to the land of red pens.

Oh! A poet! Very cool. Sadly, I've never attempted poetry. Truthfully, it scares me. I feel the reason is that I've only written stories, so the knack of poetry isn't there. Perhaps you could write a tutorial of how to write poetry; your thoughts, ideals, what has and has not worked for you and submit to the Knowledge Base or just the Writing Tips forum?

I'm a history nutt, which will shortly be evident, especially in the chat room. I mainly write historical fiction but I'm pretty fond of non-fiction too. Last week, I actually ventured into the Romance Forum for the first time, believe it or not! But I feel that boldness will be short-lived, as I am not a huggy, touching, feely-type of person. What can you do? 8)

Welcome to YWS. We are a family, and it grows every day. So, welcome to the family!

Hu-zzah!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

273 Reviews

Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:14 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

Thanks for the welcome, Samuel Garrison. Maybe I will do that tutorial thing, but I don't think poetry's really something you can learn. You just build upon it. Sometimes I look at some of the stuff I wrote in fourth grade, and I think "My God, this sucks!" Or maybe I'm just overly critical of myself. Whatever.
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:25 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

You're very welcome!

Hey, if I'm equpped in writing tetorials about stories, I'm sure you'll be able to think of some detail that one should pay special attention too. After all, storytelling builds after time as well, like you mentioned, so does poetry. It's all in the craft and plugging tiredlessly away at it. The difference is, since I've never attempted poetry, I wouldn't know how to begin, much less understand the difference between suckage to delightful stanzas. XD

Don't worry. You're not alone. We all are expectionally critical of our work. It's a never-ending, fight for prefection, to the brink of self-destruction, lol!

Cheers.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

273 Reviews

Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:10 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

Well, writing is a blood-sport.

The thing about poetry is that it's not what you say, it's how you say it. Take for example: "There were stars in the sky." Boring, no? But if you change it to: "The stars were pinpricks in the cloth of night," it suddenly becomes much more interesting.

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14