z

Young Writers Society

Im new!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:53 am
fantasyfilmwriter says...

Im new here. But so far i think it is totally rad. I want to be a film writer when im older so this is a great way for me to practice and see if people like my work. My first film projeect is called Fire and ice so check it out.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:59 am
Passion says...

I will. And I'll be the first to welcome you to YWS. One of the best websites out there.
Life is what's left when everything is taken from you.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:04 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya! I think it's great you want to be a screenwriter! Fire and Ice? Sounds very interesting.

Just so you know, the site has a 2:1 review policy. You should review two pieces that are not your own before you post anything of yours.

Another thing you should know is that we don't use chat-speak here. Some abbreviations are alright (YWS, ftw, asap, lol) but most of the time it's frowned upon.

Those are the only two non "golden rule" things you need to be weary off. Other then that, free range!

What are you're favourite movies? Authors? Screenwriters? Genres? Music style? You'll get asked those questions anyways, so might as well get them out of the way. :wink:

Hope you have a great time here!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:07 am
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome to YWS! We're a friendly bunch around here, and I'm sure someone would be happy to help you with your work. However, we do have a few rules around here. The most important are:

1) Please review at least two works for every one you post. This will make people like you more and keeps the review:post balance in check.

2) No chat speak, and please use apostrophes in your contractions. As writers, we try to have high standards of grammar/spelling/punctuation everywhere on the site, even the social parts.

There's more rules and info in the Help and Support tab.

Now, on to the fun stuff. Charlie? *drags Charlie away from what must be a terribly interesting National Geographic special and tells him to get a gift*

CONGRATULATIONS FANTASYFILMWRITER! YOU ER....WRITE FANTASY FILMS! WELL JUST KEEP ME AWAY FROM THE FIRE AND ICE AND WE'LL GET ALONG JUST FINE! NOW HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt026 :smt024 :smt023 :smt035 :smt029 :smt020 :smt027 :smt038 :smt046 :smt061 :smt069 :smt059 :smt051 :smt043 :smt117 :smt077 :smt032 :smt041 :smt040 :smt048
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:20 am
Demeter says...

Hello, fantasyfilmwriter!

Welcome to YWS! I see you've already been informed about the rules.

Well, have a great time, and if you have any questions or need a review, just PM me!

See you around,

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:47 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Hello there fanstasyfilmwriter,

How are you my deary?

Welcome!

Yes yws is a wicked place full of lots of fun and activetys.

If your intrested in writing film Scripts go to forum24.html

Go Explore!!!

Love

xXParamoreXx
Rebbecca
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:00 pm
M Dragon says...

Welcome! Yeah, I hope no one scared you with the rules. :D We do have our fun ways. Hope you love the place. It's a great place to hang out.

Fire and Ice sounds pretty intresting. If you posted it already, I'm about to check it out right now.

So... Welcome fantasyfilmwriter! Hope you stay here forever (since YWS is actually a super, sweet jail! :shock: :lol: Just kidding)
Ello everybody!
Wazzup! Immortatily is something I shall soon achieve!

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
— Homer Simpson