z

Young Writers Society

New From the Midwest!

Reviews: 0
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:45 pm
lilstrymkr13 says...

Hey everybody!
I just wanted to drop a line, so I may meet you all. Tell me what is the best stories and things to do around here! Maybe even point me in the correct direction! Thanks to all that help.

Faithy
I'M THE KIND OF PERSON WHO CAN'T STAY ANYTHING, BECAUSE THERE IS TOO MANY GOOD THINGS GOD HAS BLESSED ME WITH!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:52 pm
Sam says...

Watch the caps lock, deary. XD

Yay! The Midwest is fantastic! Corn, beef, and yard sales...it's just that good. To start off with, make sure you read the rules and critique a few things--and then you can get down to the fun part, which is posting your work. I can't wait to read something of yours! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:00 pm
Demeter says...

Hello and welcome!

Nice to meet you :D YWS is an awesome place, I'm sure you'll come to notice it, too.

Yep yep, I highly recommend you read the rules :D They're not surprising or difficult to follow, but still important for they keep this site on place.

Well, what is your favourite genre to write or read? Are you a poet or maybe a romance writer? Or are you open for anything?

Have a great time and don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or need a review some time!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:02 pm
M Dragon says...

Welcome, good friend! There's lots of things to do here, which I know doesn't answer your question. :wink: Reveiw others, post your work, chill out, and much more! There's a rule for posting your work, but I'll get to that later. Got to be specific for that question. :)

There's a bunch of rules which keep us "civilized." Hope I don't scare you off. :D One rule is about chat-speaking (you know, the good old btw lol brb omg and all). Since we're a writing site, that isn't allowed. Those perfessional writers (I thought we're "young"? Oh well.) would complain and all, and we're a writing site (did I mention that?). Btw and lol is allowed, but try not to overdo it.

Also, the "review two times before posting your own work" I'm not so good at explaining. Check out the official area for the complete info. I may even have messed up for chat-speak, so sorry everybody. Just remember this, before posting your first work, review two other works first. The 2:1 ratio works.
Ello everybody!
Wazzup! Immortatily is something I shall soon achieve!

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:49 am
Merry_Haven says...

lilstrymkr13-
Hi. Welcome to the family. I hope you have a fantastic time here. :D

What direction would you like to go to? The fiction forums, poetry forums, art & photography, etc...We have all sorts of things that you can check out. We even have groups that you can join.

So what do you like to write? Poetic words here? Or a little fiction there? Or maybe even both. Any genres that you absolutely have to write about? Or are you a fan of them all?

For me, it all depends on the mood I'm in. But I mostly like to write anything to do with the 19th century. I'm a huge historical fiction fan. But. I love that romance genre. -- I'm a hopeless romantic.

Any favorite music genres? Movies? Food? Novels? Favorite places with inspiration? Etc...

Well, if you ever wanna chat, you can always pm me. See you around...

-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:39 am
Snoink says...

Dude, obviously I'm the best writer of YWS...

XD

No! I am kidding! I'm just a lowly young writer like yourself, but I do have a bunch of favorites! Most of them are obscenely old works that nobody cares for anymore and probably shouldn't be revived, but there you go.

Some of my favorite poems:

Turn Out the Lights

Centering Gravity

Endings

Some of my favorite stories:

The Chair of Wind and Darkness <-- this is locked but still worth a read.

ARK

Keeping the Green

Hail Mary

Your Coat of Arms is the Lion

So those are a couple of stories that I like, but browse through the forums! You'll probably find something you like very much too. :)

Also, I am a moderator, so if you need any help whatsoever, bug me! My job is to help you out. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:17 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there! It's very nice to meet you!

Welcome to YWS!

So, I'm here to give you directions. First, since you decided to join the site, a responsibility has been appointed to you. That is to follow the rules. The site's Rules and Guides page is located on the Help and Support wiki on the header. Also, since you are a newbie, you may have a lot of questions so you can check out the FAQ on the Welcome page.

If you need any help or if you have any questions, feel free to PM me anytime!

So are you enjoying YWS so far?

I hope so! See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:39 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Hi, welcome.

[s]jade.[/s]
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:24 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

I am proud of my self, the reason why some of you might disagree with me a little with, but nevertheless I still proud.
— Oxara