z

Young Writers Society

Hello World!

Reviews: 2
Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:00 pm
Chromaticed says...

I am Chromaticed, new here of course.

So yeah, I always have enjoyed writing even back in second grade. Yet my grammar is slightly wrong. I have written two poems and a short story. Nothing great I know but its a good start I guess.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:20 pm
Demeter says...

Hello there Chromaticed!

Welcome to YWS, the greatest site in the world wide web. Good to have you here!

As in any bigger-than-a-jewelry-box community, YWS too has some rules that need to be followed. One of them is that you mustn't use chat-speak. Writers' eyes burn when they see chat-speak, and no one really wants it, right? You should also review two pieces toward every story/poem you post. More about the rules and other things you'll find at the Help & Support tab.

Tell us something more about yourself. What's your favourite book or author? Do you have other hobbies besides writing? Tea or coffee? Summer or winter? Red or blue?

Don't worry about the grammar – you'll improve here for sure. YWS is a great place for improving, I've noticed that many times. And anything is a good start! It'd be nice to see your work, hopefully you'll post some of it some day.

Well, off I go now. If you have any questions, need a review or just want to talk, I'm here. Just click the "PM me" button. :)

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:07 pm
M Dragon says...

Why does everyone have to scare everybody away with the rules? :wink:

We're not so strict. That's easy to see. Like me. :D I should be the top model of this community. *Everyone rolls their eyes, including me*

Welcome! Hope you love the place. Hang out anytime, or I should say, hang out all the time.

Wow. :D Two complete poems with a short story. I only have like two poems from all my complete work that survived. You did better than me. (Sabotage time!)
Ello everybody!
Wazzup! Immortatily is something I shall soon achieve!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:14 pm
Demeter says...

M Dragon! The rules are important!

But yeah, I'm sorry if I sounded too strict. YWS is great, easy-going place, even though it has its own rules. :D

So have fun!

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

If you consider those strict rules you haven't seen some forums.

Nice! I have a hard time writing short stories. I have too much plot. :P Although I do write poems. If I dig through my closet I could probably find half a dozen. Right now I'm writing a romantic fantasy.

I have pretty much the same questions as Demeter.

M Dragon- *rolls eyes*
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:24 pm
Chromaticed says...

Well, my favorite author will have to be Rick Riordan author of Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I guess watching movies is my favorite thing to do, also enjoying some sessions of Guitar Hero from time to time. I enjoy my coffee and winter is much better than summer, excpet summer has longer vacations. I shall go and check the rules now.
"They say you want a revolution"

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:25 pm
Passion says...

Welcome to YWS!

It doesn't really matter about you grammer here, because even if you don't want them to, the people here will check it and see if you've made any mistakes! They are good at their jobs. It's fun on this site, you're gonna love it.

Well I can't say what others might have said already so yeah...bye

Passion
Life is what's left when everything is taken from you.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:35 pm
M Dragon says...

Sheesh! :D I didn't mean it like that. Watch that axe, let me get a free trial before you behead me. I agree that the rules are very important and you should know them. Oh, and I better recheck them all just in case. I love this head of mine.

Love Rick Riordan. Own all four books of the Percy Jackson series that came out so far (well, my sister owns the fourth one, but we live in the same house). One of my favorite series. My top series is Pendragon by D.J. MacHale. Love first person, by the way.
Ello everybody!
Wazzup! Immortatily is something I shall soon achieve!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:53 pm
Demeter says...

I'm sorry, Dragon, I didn't mean it like that either. :D

And I'm sorry for Chromaticed, too, because we're using your own thread to have this lovely bickering of ours. I hope you forgive me =)

Got YWS?

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:05 pm
Chromaticed says...

I can forgive you of course. Anyway, thank you for your welcome, I sure will enjoy this place.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:15 pm
moon jumper says...

Hey! I'm jumper.

Welcome to YWS! This place is alot of fun. You can even write storybooks, post lyrics, and even critique other author's work. Oh, and it's a 2:1 ratio - two reviews to one post.

If you get lost or need some help PM me!

~jumper :smt026

*I love critiquing, so if you need someone I'm your man...or girl. Whatever.*
Writing once a day keeps the voices away, and I've created a blog all about it: Daily Dose.
...and I'm now trying to create a user group based on the idea! Tell me if you're interested!

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:25 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

"Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it’s just people trying to do their best in a world where it is far too easy to do your worst."
— Castiel