z

Young Writers Society

HI all !!

155 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 155
Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:13 pm
Arcticus says...

i just started writing since last year.. i need a lot of improvement ....

i write poems and short stories..

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:00 pm
M Dragon says...

Hello! Welcome to the Young Writers Society. I'm a newcomer, too. Joined yesterday. You'll love it here. I'm loving it like a little kid in a room full of candy.

By the way, you have two theads...

Improvement comes with time (and practice). Don't worrry, you'll improve. It doesn't matter when you start writing, its a form of art. Every piece is uniuqe. (Oh God, I should stop talking and write if my heads being all creative!)

Got any poems and short stories you want to share? We'll help you out if you need. I love writing novels (like I got even one finished yet) and around the fantasy genre. What genre do you mainly focus on, or do you write about anything that comes to you?

Once again, welcome!
Ello everybody!
Wazzup! Immortatily is something I shall soon achieve!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:27 pm
Demeter says...

Welcome, shoaib! =)

What's with the another thread you started? I was just wondering.

Well, it's nice to have you here! YWS is a very fun and easy-going place, but we do have a couple of rules that should be stuck to. One of them is that you mustn't use chat-speak since this is a writers' site, and writers write properly. That is to say, remember to capitalize your i's, don't use annoying abbreviations (though "lol" isn't off-limits) and remember the grammar. But don't worry, you'll improve on that, too.

Another rule is that you should do two reviews toward every story/poem you post. You'll find more about the rules and other helpful things at the Help and Support section.

This may sound like YWS is a really strict place and everything is too serious, but it really isn't so – everybody is great and we all have fun here. Plus that there are lots of real writing pros!

What's your favourite book? :)

Well, enjoy your time. And PM me if you have any questions or need a review!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:51 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yep. Random place. Enjoy!

I joined at the beginning of this week. Lotta fun to be had here!

Heh, whops. Well, I guess I proved my point......

Welcome! This is a really good place to get reviews for your work. But as Demeter said you have to review two things on the Rate & Review board before posting anything of your own. But so far, nobody seems to chew heads off. If they do (unfairly) let an admin know.

Some abbreviations seem to be fine, (btw, Asap, ftw) but most of the time, you'll want to avoid those. And check your spelling/grammar. People will nail you for that.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

155 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 155
Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:44 am
Arcticus says...

You all are nice...

but i am not an author or poet of your quality, i mean you people are kind of professionals, atleast in my view.

i am not so experienced either

hope you people will help me out.
You either worship something higher than yourself or end up worshiping yourself

Naturally Tipsy ©

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:54 pm
rubberduck says...

'Ello! ^^

Welcome to YWS!

Here's the rules in case you haven't read 'em yet. :)

We're all the same here in YWS. ^^ All looking for peoples' opinions, etc.
We're all young too, so we're not experienced either. Haha. ^^

Don't worry!
We'll help you out, and you can help us out too!
Heh.

Well then,
seeya 'round!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:26 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

I'll show my defiance through ironic obedience!
— AstralHunter