z

Young Writers Society

sooo, um, yeah, I'm new.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:38 am
lilymoore says...

Anyway, I'm new to the site but at first glimps I thought this place looked pretty amazing.

So, I suppose I should say a little something about myself here too, huh?

Well, my name is Lily and I'm a high school sophmore (which is soo totally not fun) and I live in a very small town, being about the only teenager there besides my sometimes there/sometimes not there boyfriend.

Uh, I started writing when I was about 6, but even then, I realized I was pretty bad and needed work (I over use my pronouns sometimes) so I worked on it. Anyway, it wasn't until recently that I believed myself improved enought to go sorta-kinda public with my work.

Anymore questions then just ask I guess.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:21 am
Demeter says...

Hello, Lily!

Welcome to the greatest site ever! Happy to have you aboard. Yep, YWS is pretty amazing.

Wow, you've been writing for a long time! That's great! And you can't really suppose that 6-year-old would be ready writer, can you? :D It's good that you found your way here, because here improving is even easier, the people really know what they do when they review pieces.

Hmm. It'd be good to read the rules and guidelines and whatnot, you'll find them in the Help and Support section. Also, we basically have two rules over others (besides behaving well): you should do two reviews toward every story/poem you post, so you won't be using YWS just to get your own stuff posted without helping others. Another rule is that you mustn't use chat-speak, because it drives every proper writer crazy and this is a writers' site, after all. We do't want to get any crazier than this! :D

Well, if you feel like you need a review or just want to talk or have questions, just PM me. I'll be glad to help you out!

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:25 am
Merry_Haven says...

Lily-
First off, I really love your name. It's so cute. (Yes, I'm in one of those "cute" phases)

Hi. Welcome to the family of all sorts of writers. I hope you have a wonderful time here. To me, this is like a second home. You'll meet lots of friends and have loads of fun.

People here are really honest when they critique your writing piece. It's helpful, so you can improve.

Well, remember the ratio of reviews and posting. It's two reviews on someone Else's work then one post of yours. In simple terms, 2:1 ratio. Keep to that, and the ride will go very smoothly. :wink: Otherwise, check out the Help and Support tab. Rules to follow, staff to contact, FAQ and much more.

Awww. I remember the days of my sophomore year. Yet, I rather not say. It was one of those years in high school that I absolutely hated. So I can relate if you're not having fun, at all.

Anyway, what do you like to write? A little poetry here? A little fiction there? Both? Any genres that you love to write about? For me, it all depends on the mood I'm in. I can be this or that and it all comes out in a story.

Well, it was great to know a little about you, Lily. If you have any more questions about YWS or just feel like chatting, you can always pm me. :D

-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

675 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:38 am
lilymoore says...

Ha, I've been going through that "cute" phase since, well, almost forever.

Okay, I'm starting too see a pattern here with the 2:1 ratio thing. I've also got a feeling if I don't follow it, its off with my head. : )

About the sophomore thing, well, its not that I'm not having fun, its just that I'm slowly loosing my mind. Oh well, its bound to happen to us all eventually.

And for the most part, I find I'm fond of writing fantasy/romance sorts of things. Mostly, unreal characters in unreal places managing to find unimaginable love. *sniff sniff*

Well, yeah, like I said, just ask me questions, please. I like answering them.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:46 pm
Meshugenah says...

Maybe not off with your head ;) Blood's too messy!

And ick, sophomore year was an interesting year for me, too. Not bad, exactly, just one I could have done without, too.

Fantasy and romance, eh? Have any favorite books that fall under that heading?

Oh yeah! Welcome to YWS! And if you have questions, you can ask me, too!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:30 am
M Dragon says...

Welcome! Hope you love this place. I have. How long has it been since I joined? One day? Two days? Seems like I'm living great.

Hope the others haven't scared you off with the rules. :wink: :) It's not so strict around here, as you'll find (Yes! I got to say that first!).

I love writing fantasy. Romance isn't my type, since I'm a boy. Just love hanging out in other worlds and such.

I'm not even a sophomore and you're scaring me already. Freshmen friday...

So... Hope you love this place, blah blah blah, stay forever, and have fun!

(You can PM me for whatever, so do it anytime. Just one thing: I'm not a YWS genious, so I can't answer all your YWS questions. Post your work, PM me!)
Ello everybody!
Wazzup! Immortatily is something I shall soon achieve!

675 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:24 am
lilymoore says...

Well, uh, HI everyone. Jeeze, the welcomes are definately warm around here. Uh, well I guess my favorite book at this very moment is "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice (she's like my idol) but I just started reading "Bloodsucking Fiend" by Christopher Moore this afternoon once I was done with my black friday shopping.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:09 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yessssss! Another romantic fantasy author!

I surprised myself on here:

1- Guys that like romantic fantasy can be found.

2- You'll get about three welcomes an hour.

3- You'll never have to worry about not finding a new member to hand out with, or even an old one. People join every day!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:07 pm
Squall says...

Ooo, so you did post a welcome onto the site Lily. Nice to see that your a fantasy writer. Just curious though, why did you decide to take part in fantasy/romance? Any particular fantasy authors that you like?

It also kind of nice that you are the only teenager in the town. It really gives you that initiative to be a role model for the the little ones (even though they may be a bit of a trouble at times lol). But doesn't it get lonely having no one around your age to talk to?

It's nice that you've started writing at an early age. I wished I had, I had missed out on quite a lot lol. I've started two years ago because some of my friends were doing it. Being the serious person that I am, I wanted to improve my skills so I sought an online writing site. Bam! Two years later, I'm typing this up lol.

You have quite a voice in your writing, and I hope to see more of your works on the site. And here's another welcome to the site.

Andy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:22 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:55 pm
mnesomeye says...

Hi, nice to meet you. ^_^ I like your name, too.
~ Mnes x

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:46 pm
kloka says...

Hey,
I have trouble with my writing too!,
My pieces always seem to lack emotion.
so I really need to work on that.But anyway, welcome!

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke