z

Young Writers Society

Wazzup, everybody!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:20 pm
M Dragon says...

Ello everybody! New user here, registered today (obviously). Site looks great! Didn't navigate much, so I'm going to after posting. XD Haven't been on long, but I do have a few suspicions that the one who invited me here had a hand in designing this place.

Did I mention this place looks great?

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:24 pm
pshhxhoney says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS! Hope you have a great time here! I sure am. If you need anything all you need to do is PM me! Welcome again and have fun! =]

-Krisy
"I'm yet happy and sad at the same time and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." -Stephen Chbosky

7 Reviews

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:38 pm
M Dragon says...

Thanks for replying. Yeah, I might as well PM you if I need.

By the way, too many girls in my class keep going over the Twilight saga. To be honest, I own and read all of them.
And not because of the romance.

Yeah, I will have fun. Like these smilies. :twisted:

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:03 am
Merry_Haven says...

M Dragon-
Hi. Welcome to the family. I hope you have a wonderful time here.

Remember the ratio of reviews and postings. It's two reviews on someone's piece of work then one post of your own. In simple terms, 2:1 ratio. It's a pretty simple rule to follow, but just make sure you keep to it. Also, check out (if you haven't) the Help and support tab. There are rules to follow, (for instance...chat speak. Make sure you do not do that.), staff to contact, FAQ, and much more.

Well, you didn't really give much about yourself. Any favorite novels/authors? Music genres? Etc... Let us get to know a little about you. :wink:

For me, I write what depends on my mood. From either historical to romance to other. What do you like writing? Any genres that you can't get enough of writing about?

If you have any questions about this site, you can always pm me. Or if you just wanna chat.

Happy Thanksgiving! (it's 5:02 pm here in the Northwest, USA)

-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

7 Reviews

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:50 pm
M Dragon says...

Thanks for welcoming me. No! I forgot to say Thanksgiving, too!

Happy Thanksgiving and I hope the turkey didn't burn.

Yeah, I better check out the Help and Support tab. Thought I would go to it when I needed help.

My favorite genre is fantasy. I simply love that. A novel of in another world, a different (or more) world connected to Earth, and all that good stuff. My favorite series is the Pendragon one (might as well review book one. Does that count as a review?). Just like my favorite genre, I love writing fantasy. Lately, I've lost my writing notebook. :( Now, all I have is my online work. Actually, the writing book didn't have much I would miss other than little things, so I don't miss it much.

I always write with music. I'm one of those people who can concentrate with music. Currently, I'm listening "Everytime We Touch" by Cascada. As I like saying, wakes my brain up. I try to concentrate on fantasy. I get little flashes of a story now and then, but sometimes its not related to fantasy. I've been thinking of making one novel, but I have to think of the plot and everything, I can't believe I've been thinking about the cover design instead. Ask me what it looks like if you wish. I got name of two main characters, very beginning of novel, what will happen between the twin brothers, and small things. And the cover design. Did I mention that already? :)

One reason I like writing fantasy that I am lazy. Period. Well, usually. I mean as in lazy who-doesn't-like-getting-out-of-way-to-do-things-at-home lazy. And that includes doing research. Bye, bye fiction. I don't want to research words here and there that are related to Earth. Rather let my imagination take over.
Ello everybody!
Wazzup! Immortatily is something I shall soon achieve!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:39 pm
Demeter says...

Hello, M Dragon!

Haha, you're so much fun :D

Merry did a great job at informing you about the rules and stuff, so I won't go there now.

About your question. In here, only the reviews you give to other members count as reviews (I'm 99% sure of it), but in the "Book Reviews" forum you can review "real" books. And it's only good if you're active in different forums! It's worth it!

We don't have Thanksgiving here... But I did have turkey in 2000 when we were visiting my mom's friends in USA. My brother got the wish bone, though :( Or whatever you call it :lol: [/useless ramble]

Wakes your brain up... That's a good saying! I've never heard anyone say that, but it sure is true.

Well, I'm leaving you to get to know the site even better. Have fun and PM me anytime you need a review or want to ask something. Can't wait to see your work!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

7 Reviews

Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:47 pm
M Dragon says...

Thanks for the welcome. Also, thanks for the answer.

I feel bad for you. I like that piece... Or do I? Got to think about that. :wink:

Once I get this prologue done, and probably part of the first chapter at least, I'm going to review two times and then post what I'm just doing. That little message about spend some points to help the YWS got to me.... Sheesh :D

Need help to know where to start posting. I've been looking at the storybooks and related things a bit too much. Maybe I'll wait for a suggestion.
Is this another symptom of being lazy? :shock: :)
Ello everybody!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Demeter says...

Haha, could be :D I think it's easier to start in the Literary Forums, because I believe you need 500 points to create another storybook.

Is it really called wish bone? :shock: I just made that up!

You could PM me when you've posted the piece, and I'll review it, if you like. :)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

7 Reviews

Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:01 pm
M Dragon says...

Think's about the greatest comeback in the world: That's why I said do I. :D Also, the wishbone is that Y in the bird, right? Should be good if its a piece to eat. :)

Literary area, here I come! Who said anything about posting a storybook, though now that you mentioned it.... Just kidding, rather not die from embarresment from messing up. :wink:

Is it okay to post the short prologue with the first chapter? It's more like a preface, though. Oh well. Might as well do something now. :idea:

I wonder if this is getting a bit off topic... Especially that wishbone part :wink:
Ello everybody!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:16 pm
Rosendorn says...

That would be what guestbooks are for. Usually welcome threads get continued there. Guestbooks are at the bottom of your profile. And a tip- Answer the person on their guestbook. Makes it easier.

You'll have to check out Read & Review under the Writing tab (Next to community) and post on two threads There to be able to post anything (without getting flack). And, it costs 150 points to post something new.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:45 pm
Kaylyn says...

It is okay to post your prologue with your first chapter. Just don't make it to long, because then you will scare your readers off. :)

Its nice to see that you have adapted well at Yws. It's great to have a new addition to the family.

Well good luck with your writing, and if you have any questions, want a review, or want to chat, feel free to fire a PM my way.

See ya round the forums.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:02 pm
Blink says...

Hey M Dragon!

I think you know who this is :wink: Anyhow, ye, I'm sure you'll love it here. I won't go over the rules again, since they've been done to death and I doubt you need persistent reminding.

So, welcome! If you want me to have a look at anything you post in the forums, just drop me a line and I'd be happy to.

Anyway, see you about!

:smt102
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:26 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you eat for a day. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.
— Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)