Young Writers Society

*waves* hi, hi!~

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:26 am
View Likes
ZJmarr says...

8)
Hi, everyone!~ M'name's McKayla, but ya can call me ZJ on here.
Here are some things about me, that I haven't been able to figure out to put on my profile yet ( XD ):

Favorite Quotes: "The sky is blue, but you don't have to be." "(someone says she's weird) This may make me even more weird, but... I'm proud of it! ... At least I don't carry on all of my weirdness in my writings..."

High School activities: Oral Interpretation, and Debate (Just trying it, have yet to confirm if I'm going to stay... XD )

Favourite color: sapphire blue, or emerald green

Essential need-to-know interests: I love anime, wolves, dragons, drawing, and... duh, writing. XD

Favorite drink: Dr. Pepper, Mt. Dew, or 7 Up

Favorite bands: Linkin Park, Rui Fu, Evanescence, 3 Doors Down, and Nickelback

(random, but...) instruments played before: I've played the clarinet once, I was a flutist for 4 years, am learning to play the guitar, and am currently playing the <3 tenor sax <3

Current residence: Dakotas (United States)

I'm also learning Japanese. Anyway, pleased to meet you all, and please treat me nicely!~

~ZJ~~ :mrgreen:
Last edited by ZJmarr on Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:03 am
Adnamarine says...

Hey ZJ! nice to see you.

Two review already? Lovely. Does that mean you've read the rules? :P

Debating always sounded like something really interesting to try, but I never put out the effort to find an opportunity. Hope it works well for you.

I love green, I don't like most sodas especially mountain dew ('cept the commercials, haha), I love old linkin park stuff, and right now my favorite thing to write is poetry. What kinds of things do you like to write? If you want me to review something for you sometime, click the link in my signature and post the link to your piece in my 'will review for food' thread. :)

Hope you're having fun, and welcome.

-Adna
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:21 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome aboard!

*waves back*

I love Evanescence, she is one of the best singers ever!

So, I see that Adnamarine has provided you with a link to the Rules. Read them and you'll be doing great. No one will bite around here, I think so anyway. :)

Well, if you have any questions, want to chat, or want a review, just PM me.

See you around the forums.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:22 pm
Demeter says...

Hey ZJ, and welcome to YWS!

Nice to meet you! I'm Demeter. Green's my favourite colour, too. :D

Isn't this just a great place? I think you'll come to love it! There are so many awesome features here, it would take me forever to list them all. Browse around and you'll know what I mean. :)

Well, if you ever need anything or just want to chat, I'm here. Just click the "PM me!" button.

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:50 pm
sofi says...

Hello :D

How do you like YWS so far? There's tonnes of stuff that you can look at besides just writing and reviewing so look around the groups and see what you're interested in!

You sound very musical, I'm jealous! I always wanted to be but I'm incredibly tone-deaf I'm afraid :( (Although my friend was teaching me some drums and I actually wasn't too bad:D )

Anyway, I look forward to reading your writing :D let me know if you have any questions or want a review! (although I'm not so good with reviewing poetry, I just love to read it)

See you around! :D

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:10 am
Inksplatter says...

Hey!
Welcome to YWS, you're sure to fit in!
Those colours are the same as my walls in my room, it actually looks decent, but half looks like an aquariam! :P
Anyway, if you need anything; feel free to PM me :)

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:28 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:55 am
ZJmarr says...

^,^ I've actually read all of the rules already. :D

So, with the debate thing, I'm actually going to be apart of my school's team, with Public Forum. I'm kinda freaking out about it, because I don't have my thesis, i think it's called, written yet, and there's already a meet coming up this friday and saturday. I'm not going to participate, but I'm still a little worried about it.

I actually write a little poetry. Not much. I'm more of a story writer, and need a lot of ambition to write the stories I come up with... To be honest, I have never gotten to the point of even nearing to a finish of any of my stories... :( But I write some adventurous stories, and mostly romantic ones.

And, I'd really love it if I could get reviews on Forevermore; topic39863.html :)

I'm really into the fantasy/romantic/intense kind of books, and a lot of the time, it's what I write, too. Hopefully, I'll be able to get pieces of most of the stories I'm on posted up here, even though a lot of them aren't very recent. XD

But, yeah. I'm really comfortable here, and it's great to get to know others, considering how social I am at school. (which, to be honest again, I'm not very social there... >,< )

I hope to everyone around aswell!~

~Zj~~

The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price