z

Young Writers Society

'allo, all. =D

Reviews: 4
Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:38 am
Beezle says...

I just stumbled onto this site today, read around... and there is so much that I'm liking. And frankly, getting addicted to a writing site is exactly what I need. :D

Let's see-- something about me? Oh, to get the bad out of the way: I hate to say that I don't read much. Not published works, anyway. However, I do, for some odd reason, find much joy in reading fiction written by people much like myself. Yay reviewing! Hopefully I'll be able to get a bit of that done-- I know about the 2:1 ratio and all.

My writing is sort of all over the place. Love of comic book heroes and manga (yes, I'm one of -gasp- those kids) get ideas into my head of supernatural fiction, fantasy, and romance. Oh, I also grew up reading Redwall. I'm most likely to come through with something about either fantasy or romance, though.

List of some influences, just because:
--Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
--Jorge Luis Borges
--Neil Gaiman
--Lovecraft
--Music (mostly alternative bands)
--Various movies (V for Vendetta, I Am Legend, Wristcutters: A Love Story are among these)

Bolding W:ALS because it's pretty much one of my favorite things ever. Not even sure why...

... so, I guess that's it! Looking forward to reviewing and possibly posting something that I write. ^^

~~Beez

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:01 am
Bleeding Rose says...

Welcome to YWS, Beezle!

I am Bleeding Rose and I am very happy to welcome you to our huge family! Emphasis on huge.

I enjoy writing poetry, stories(both books and short), lyrics, and I think that is it!

I am also very into romance and fantasy. I like to base my writings on them and sometimes combine the two!

I love to read and I will read anything that you tell me to! I am not picky at all!

I am looking forward to getting to know you better and to reviewing your works!

I hope to see you in the near future.

Lots of crimson,

Bleeding Rose
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:21 am
Inksplatter says...

Welcome Beezle from a fellow newbie! :)
The site is great! There are so many features, and the like that you just cant leave!
I'm looking forward to seeing some of your works..
Catcha!
-Inksplatter-

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:55 pm
Kaylyn says...

Ha, I also love Redwall, Neil Gaiman, and Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. I have read most of the Redwall series. And all of Amelia Atwater-Rhodes books. I have read Stardust and about to pick up some more of Gaiman's books.

So Welcome to YWS!

Check out the Rules and cut the chat talk and no one will bite. Well, there might be a few. :) *coughs*

Anyway, glad to see you as a new addition to our big, happy family. I can't wait to review your works.

If you have any questions, want to chat, or want a review, fell free to fire a PM my way.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:04 pm
Demeter says...

Hi Beezle!

Alliteration for the win! I love it as well.

Oh yeah. Welcome! :D I'm Demeter. How's it going? Is there any snow in the US? In here, there is. Lots.

It's great that you're so enthusiasted about reviewing. Reading peers' work is sometimes the best way learn to write yourself, and of course, also to review properly. Luckily, YWS is full of people that are amazing in both. But there's always room for improving! And what would be better place for improving than... dun dun dun... YWS! So good that you found your way here.

Well. You will probably have times when you feel like you're needing a review, or want to have some answers, or just want to talk. Then it's time to find me. So PM me anytime. On anything.

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:11 am
Adnamarine says...

Hey Beezle :) Funny you should mention that, because I just finished writing a kind of silly, very random story that was chock full of all kinds of alliteration. :)

Now if you're looking to get addicted to a writing site, you couldn't have found a better place. Worse? Better? I'll stick with better, it sounds more positive, and there's not a thing I could name that's negative about yws. You'll love it.
Good to know you checked out the rules too. :P Very nice.

Love Amelia Atwater-Rhodes btw... well, I like her Wyvern books... well, I like the first one. :) The rest are pretty good, but they don't compare with the first, in my opinion.

So hey, if you ever want me to review something, I'd really love to. If you wanted you could post it in my 'will review for food' thread. There's a link in my signature, below this post.

Have fun, and welcome!

-Adna
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:07 pm
Rosendorn says...

A guy reading romantic stuff..... this is new for me.

Romantic fantasy is my favourite at the moment. Although I really, really don't like Twilight. Vampires. Ugh. I prefer it when the love interest is human.

Interesting that you don't like reading published works..... what is it about them you don't like?

Yes, this site is adicting. I really should get off, but I have to look at this one extra thread (one hour later) I'm still here.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:30 pm
Mars says...

Wh-hoo, alliteration!
I am so psyched that you like Redwall! I grew up on those too.
Anyway, welcome to the site :) Can't wait to read some of your work!
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:33 pm
Beezle says...

Ahh, thank you all for the glorious welcome.

Demeter: Snow's probably the greatest weather anyone can have-- sadly, we're getting none here. Just rain, rain, and more rain. It wouldn't be that bad if there weren't so darn much of it. Oh, I'm probably going to have to spend a bit more of time become actively acting on this site, haha... I'm enthusiastic, sure, but quite uncertain of myself. :P I'll get things down soon, after a hopefully short period of lurking. :D

Kaylyn: Stardust is probably my favorite book at the moment. I just can't get over how good Gaiman can depict such a modern fairy tale in the way that he was able to do it. There's just so much of everything in that book.

Rosey: I surprise myself sometimes too. Romantic fantasy, done right, is just about the best thing out there for me as well. Agree about Twilight also... it's a little out there. About published works-- I honestly don't know. I got started in the creative writing mindset by roleplaying in various places, and I just fell in love with the impromptu, amateur (if I may use such a term here) style of writing. Style isn't the best word either, but there's just something that I enjoy about reading works of other aspiring people just like myself. That's not to say I don't enjoy published writing-- I take much more out of reading the works of... more ordinary people, if that makes sense. Not that any of us at all are ordinary. :P

Here's to joining the family.

1272 Reviews

Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:31 pm
Rosendorn says...

Huh. One of my favourite romantic fantasy authors is Tamora Peirce (she's the one that got me hooked!). Heard of her? If you want to start reading one of her worlds you'd need to start with either Alanna, the First Adventure or Sandry's Book. If you want a run-through of her Tortal universe (Alanna), check out my thread in Reviews.

We have snow on the ground here. Enough that the grass is covered in open spaces. Under pine trees though it's still green.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:50 pm
Beezle says...

Tamora Pierce? Ahh, I loved her. Got through the Circle of Magic quartet and The Circle Opens, though I haven't delved into her other world. My first real fantasy experience, though was the Kiesha'ra series by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, coupled at around the same time as I had to do a project on Jorge Luis Borges. The Kiesha'ra series is still one of my favorites (despite that I haven't actually finished the series... <.<), and Borges' short stories, while not necessarily fantasy, are esoteric and mind-boggling. I high recommend reading his short story the Aleph, if you've got time. It's floating around somewhere.

Snow? I'm jealous, haha.

1272 Reviews

Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:16 pm
Rosendorn says...

I will have Plenty of time in February. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out then (I might only be 16, but my jaw is apparently 18...). A perfect time to catch up on my reading.

Circle isn't something I have read but I want to! Have you read Will of the Empress yet? That's what got me into it.

Would that story have a link, or do I have to get it from the library?

Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:07 pm
Beezle says...

Here's a link: http://www.phinnweb.org/links/literatur ... aleph.html

Ouch, getting your wisdom teeth pulled? Fun stuff. Yow.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:48 pm
Demeter says...

Haha, by today, all the snow melted away! Well, not all of it, but there are many, many brown and green spots all over the ground. At least I don't have to wade through it anymore... :D

Ah, don't worry about uncertainity! You'll be perfectly fine, when you have settled down.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:04 pm
Rosendorn says...

It's snowing Again! It's been falling almost non-stop for a week. Strange, if you ask me, since last week it was nothing but gray and rain. But only about half of it is staying. It's 0 C.

Yeah, ouch. Thankfully the roots haven't formed yet, so that should cut down on the pain.

To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it.
— Olin Miller