z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:06 am
AvaTheGuava says...

Hello! I'm Ava (rhymes with guava) and I'm new here. This looks like an awesome website and I'm really looking forward to joining the community.

I've always liked writing stories but I never really get to do much of it outside of school; I'm hoping that by joining this site I'll be more actively writing. And I love reading other people's writing as well.

Besides that, I love to draw. I also like watching movies (only the good ones, of course) and right now I have a bit of an obsession with Batman. He's pretty much the coolest superhero ever.
"Please let go of my cape." - Batman

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:07 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:17 am
Merry_Haven says...

Ava-

Hi. *waves* Welcome to the family of YWS!! I hope you have a wonderful time here.

So what type of writing style do you do? And favorite genres of writing? For me, I love anything that's based in the past. Like historical fiction. I can't write poetry, sci-fi or fantasy. But I admire those who can. I'm just horrible at writing those type of genres and styles. :wink:

Any who, so you like movies, eh? Besides Batman, what else? I just saw WALL-E, yesterday. It's sooo...cute!!

Well, if you've ever wanna chat, feel free to guest book or pm me. I always seem to be around...

Off I go...

-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

Random avatar

Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:44 am
AvaTheGuava says...

Well, lately I've found that I really enjoy reading Roald Dahl's short stories like "Skin" and the one with the wine tasting guy...I forgot what it's called. But I like most genres, as far as I can tell. I can read any book or short story that's written well and I'll probably like it. I used to read mostly fantasy. Now I'm starting to branch out more, but I haven't picked a favorite genre yet.

I've only ever written short stories, but that's probably because I've never really been able to come up with an idea that's substantial enough for anything longer.

To Merry -
I've never seen WALL-E but I heard it was really cute and adorable. I would've gone to see it over the summer but as we spent most of the time in India, I only had time to really see one movie in theaters when we got home, and The Dark Knight definitely trumped any other possible alternative. Maybe now that I have more time I'll be able to watch it...

Besides Batman (and other superheroes), I really love Paul Newman. His movies are pretty much the best ones ever made. Cool Hand Luke, The Sting, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - you can't get better than those.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:24 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Welcome Ava!

Greeaaaaaaaaat to meet you! I'm Zehra. If you ever need help, a critique or just want to talk don't hesitate to PM me.

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time here. Get cracking at the forums!!

See you around!

-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:59 am
Demeter says...

Hi and welcome, Ava!

You've already been informed about the rules, so I won't do it now.

How are you? Isn't YWS like the coolest online place ever?

I like drawing, too! What kind of things do you draw? Do you prefer pencil or paint?

What's your favourite genre of movies?

Questions, questions. :) It's always so interesting to a new member!

Well, have a blast and PM me if you need anything.

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:09 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there Ava!

Welcome to the family!

I was looking at your name and I was like, Oooh, guava. I used to eat that. (thinks about guava jelly) I think your user name is cool. xD

But anyway, so since you are new, try checking out the FAQ on the Welcome page for more information. Also, you gotta read the site's rules. It's a must.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

You like Batman, huh? I do too. A guy wearing black, wearing a cape and a mask. So hot. LOL So what kinds of things do you write?

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Random avatar

Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:55 pm
AvaTheGuava says...

Wow everyone's so nice here, I feel so welcome. =)

Hello Zehra, Demeter, and Casey!

Demeter - I like to draw mostly with pencil, but I think painting would be fun too. I just never have time to get out all the paints and find something to actually paint, you know? Drawing is more...spontaneous, I guess. I can just sit down and draw things. Painting takes more prep time.

Favorite genre of movies...hm...that's hard to say. I know that I'm not a big romance fan and I don't like horror movies, but anything else is good. Comedy, drama, action - all good in my book. Paul Newman movies are the best, of course, but I don't think Paul Newman classifies as a genre in and of himself.

Casey - I know, isn't Batman awesome? I love every part of that man. Especially his cape. I'm a big fan of men in big black capes. (Though in all practicality I'm sure crimefighting in a cape must be pretty difficult. The number of times he must've tripped on that thing...)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:47 am
PerpetualBhridge says...

Hi! I'm new too, I thought I'd say hi, and I think Ava is a really pretty name.

Also, you can't be saying that batman is better than spiderman. He deserves at least a tie. I'm sorry, but I'm a bit of a spiderman nerd :)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:47 pm
Rosendorn says...

Paul Newman certainly falls under his own catagory...... movies with heart throbs!

I'm a new member myself. Just joined up yesterday.

I don't watch a lot of movies, but one of my favourite TV shows is Mythbusters. I might not watch a lot of moves but I know about the myths.

Another artist! I like drawing but I have a hard time with persepctive. And it got to the point I was turning every paining into discription, so I started pouring all my energy into writing.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:02 pm
Stori says...

Zhera, you stole my character's name. I spell it without the H, but...

Never mind. Welcome to the site, y'all!

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:24 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome aboard the crazy house *coughs* I mean YWS.
Check out the Rules, and you'll be doin fine.
Glad to see that you like Batman, but my brothers bigger into Spiderman. he likes all superheros so I know all about Batman. :)
No chat talk and follow the Rules and everyone will love you.
So, if you have any questions, or want a review, feel free to fire a PM my way.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
— J.K. Rowling