Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:32 pm
Rhode says...

I just wanted to say hi and ask if anyone had any advise

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:56 pm
Juniper says...

Welcome to YWS, Rhode, I am springrain2693, but you can call me whatever you like. June, Spring, Rain, I don't care-- as long as it's not my number sequence!.

You have just joined one of the best (if not the absolute best) sites for young writers! Make yourself at home; there are plenty of supportive people who will give you the constructive critiquing you need to make an award winning piece.

We have a 2:1 policy; you must review at least 2 peices of work, by someone other than yourself, before you can post one of you own. This continues too; so every time you post one, you should have reviewed two others.

Anyway! Welcome aboard, if you need anything, PM me and I'll do my best to help you!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:49 pm
Blink says...

We all have advice, but it's best if you just stick around and get to grips yourself!

Of course, up in the top right there you can go and visit the Help and Support Wiki. We also ask there to be no chat speak, because, you know, it's a writers' community! There's the 2:1 review:submission ratio but it's not only for abiding by the (relatively lightweight) rules, but so that you are more likely to get reviews yourself, and give back what you get. When you start, you might expect a review per five of your own, but then, as you do more and get more friends, that ratio could be turned right around.

There are a few articles in the Knowledge Base (just hover over Resources in the nav. bar).

Anyhow, I'm Blink! It's my name, and I rule (well, not really). I'm actually Mark but anything will do. What types of stuff are you interested in? Myself: non-cliché fantasy but then I do like any story with a decent level of conflict.

If you don't want to post your work just yet, fear not! You can hang around the community and chat about writing, and even post in your blog--it's a great community!

See you around,
-Blink
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:23 pm
Merry_Haven says...

Rhode-

Hi. *waves* Welcome to the family of YWS. I hope you find it very enjoyable here. :wink:

As the others said, remember the 2:1 ratio of reviews and posting. If you have any questions or just wanna chat feel free to pm me. (I always seem to be around... :roll: )

Any who, what do you love to write? Poetry, fiction, both? What genres do you absolutely love and can't get enough of? For me, I just love historical fiction. But I always have to have some sort of romance and adventure in it.

So when you don't write what do you do instead? Do you have a list of songs you have to listen to when your writing? I do. I have to have some calming tunes to relax me so I can get in the mood to write.

Well, like I said, if you ever wanna chat...you can always pm me or even guestbook me.

-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:04 am
Demeter says...

Hi, Rhode!

I like your username. How are you?

Well, tell us something about yourself. What do you write/read/eat/drink/see/hear/enjoy? It's your thread, after all, so don't hesitate to fill it with yourself. :D

Because almost everyone has introduced themselves to you, so will I. Hi Rhode, I'm Demeter. You can also call me Dem, Demi, Meter, Metre or whatever you'll come up with. I've seen basically anything. Nice to meet you!

Have fun, and if you ever need anything or just want to talk, I'm here!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:14 pm
Reuben A says...

Heloooooo Rhode...well, before you post anything, you must check out the rules and guidelines:
rules.php
Same as Demeter said, what do you write? Poetry/Fiction/History...etc. PM me if you need anything, or advice...
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:58 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome to the nuthouse! I mean YWS! :)
Hope that you find this site to your taste, I certainly did.
Some advise? Cut the chat talk and read the Rules. Do that and you'll be well liked.
If you need anything, PM me. From questions to reiviews, I'll be there.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

You wanna be a writer? You don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
— Paul Simon