z

Young Writers Society

Hey!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:42 pm
PerpetualBhridge says...

Hey! I've been browsing this site forever, reading stories and itching to edit and post my own, but I told myself that I didn't have the time and that I didn't need to become a member. I was wrong, I soo needed to. So, here I am.

So, I'm obviously a newbie, and I'm a bit nervous to post my stories, it's some form of stagefright, I think. But I'm promising myself, in front of an audience, that I will. So, as you guys as my witnesses, I'll give you a story.

See you in the forums!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:09 pm
Meshugenah says...

I still get nervous if I post anything (not that I have in ages, but that's beside the point)! I think we all do, on some level, because you're really putting yourself out there when you show people your writing.

So, if you've been browsing the site so long, does that mean you've read all the rules? ;)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me! I'm happy to help.

Oh yeah! Welcome to YWS, like, officially!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:28 pm
Adnamarine says...

I'm really glad you've joined officially.
To be honest, I wasn't nervous when I first started posting my stuff. I should have been. :P No, I'm kidding. But I definitely didn't expect what I got. Honest, insightful, expert, thorough extraordinarily helpful critiques of my work. I think I must have expected to get a "Oh, I really like this, good job!" or "Well, this needs work." Something like that. But it's amazing. You're gonna love it.

If you wanted me to review your story, poem, etc. whatever you decide to post when you post it, I would love to help out that way. Go ahead and PM me! Or if you have any questions or anything.

Welcome to YWS, finally :P

-Adna
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:31 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Hey there, PerpetualBridge!

I'm Castles, or, Sarah. -shakes hand-

I solemnly christen you Perpet, as PerpetualBridge is somewhat of a mouthful and we all have nicknames here. ^_^ So, welcome to our big, cuddly family.

Like Mesh said; most of us still get terrified before posting a piece of work. I get panic attacks every time, trust me. But to be honest - you'll have gained more if you do work up to courage to post it. Most people are extremely helpful and encouraging. There may be the occasional harsh reviewer, but you know what? Everyone just wants to help you improve your writing, and believe you me, my writing has improved in leaps and bounds from the time I joined to now.

I can't wait to read some of your work - when it's up, PM me and I'll be on the case in a jiffy. Remember, if you ever need a review, I'm just a click away. ^_^ Haha; enough of the generic messages.

I hope you enjoy it here. See you round. -waves-

Sarah

xo
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:00 pm
Demeter says...

Heya, PB!

Yes! You sooooo needed to join! Well, aren'tcha happy you did?! This is so the best site ever!

Okay... I'm a little tired, never mind me.

But when you've posted something, and gotten some good and professional reviews, you just have to post more. And more, and more.

It's called addiction.

Happy posting, and see you around! Just like everyone else here, I'm also willing to answer any questions.

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:11 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:23 pm
Reuben A says...

Glad you did join...anyway, before you post
ANYTHING

Go here:
rules.php

Anf PM me if you need anything
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:54 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

HEY.
SALUTATIONS!
I'm Jade or Silver as many like to call me.
PM me sometime, I get lonely.
haha enjoyyyy.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:36 pm
Merry_Haven says...

PerpetualBhridge-

Hi. *waves* Welcome to the family of yws!! I hope you have a wonderful time here. :D

When I started writing about a year ago, I thought no way would I let someone read my work. I believed it was really bad. Then I went from site to site to find the perfect one and I did. I found YWS from Writer's Digest and I took a deep breath in and posted. I was hesitant when I did post but when I started getting reviews it helped out sooo... much. People here are really honest and will give you constructive criticism.

Any who, what do you like to write? I saw that you would post a story, so like, what genres? Any genres particularly over another? For me, I love anything historical, romance, mystery and adventure.

If you ever wanna chat, you can always pm me. See you around...

-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:30 pm
PerpetualBhridge says...

Thanks everyone! I'm likin' the nicknames, by the way.

I like to write, well, everything. I write poetry, not great poetry, but I poetry nonetheless. I kind of write drama, romance (but there's always a bit of action in the romances that I actually care about), and I'm really into character development-sometimes I forget about the other aspects of a story. I have issues with dialogue and tense-change, well the issue with those is I don't know whether I have an issue with them, I have absolutely no ability to judge my own writing of those.

And, no worries, I have read the rules multiple times, I think (hope) that they have become my bible.
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."-Douglas Adams

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:29 pm
Kaylyn says...

Glad to see that you joined.
Hopefully, you have already read the rules.
If you need anything, or have any questions, or want a review, PM me. I'll be glad to help.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.
— Sheldon S. Maye