z

Young Writers Society

The Freeman

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:21 am
TheFreeman says...

Howdy, i am actually two people in a sense, my girlfriend and i, i do most of the posting. We are working together writing a Sci-Fi Post Apocalyptic Story, which for now is called "The Nameless Book", we can't really come up with a true name yet. I myself am a big Sci-Fi and Historical Fiction (20th century, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam ect.....), but, i my gain some enemies saying this, but over all i'm kinda an anti-fantasy and anime person, while on the contrary me GF is so you can like her :D . and i'm really looking for comments and advise on our stories! if you could stop by and say something i would be grateful! Thanks! topic38255.html

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:40 am
Prokaryote says...

Dude, I love Half-Life.

Pork

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:41 am
Juniper says...

Hello there! Welcome aboard!

That sounds awesome! I love reading sci-fi, but I can never write it myself. It's of the few genres I'd rather not ruin for people. If you need help deciding on a name for "The nameless book", I'm sure there are plenty of people around here who are willing to help.
Don't worry; we have the anti-anime people and the anime-fanatics here, so you'll fit in perfectly.

I will definitely check out your story, and give you a full review on it.

Also, we have a 2:1 policy here; you must review at least two of someone else's work before you post your own work. I see you have posted it already, so please review someone else's work before posting anymore and try to make up for the 2:1 for your piece :).

To the both of you, god luck on your writing adventures! If you need anything, feel free to PM me!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:08 am
TheFreeman says...

Well I'm not a reader at all I've barely read any books, not even any sci-fi, my gf's doing most of the writing (shes a big reader), I'm helping keep her motivated, on track an have ideas, along with plot , i don't know what to look for to read, i don't know what to say, I don't really care, I'm also to afraid of saying something stupid or wrong, or upsetting someone.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:09 pm
Demeter says...

Hello, Freeman!

It's cool that you write together :) I'm not very much into Sci-Fi, but I'm sure that a lot of people here are.

Well, June already told you about the review ratio thingie, so I won't be going there now. You should also check out all the rules and whatnot.

Plus that this is a writers' site, so remember to always use proper grammar, punctuation, capitalization of the word "I" etcetera. Just to mention... ;)

Anyway, have fun and PM me if you have any questions!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:07 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcmoe aboard!
Check out the Rules, please.
I love history. My papa was in the Vietnam War. So I know quite a bit in that area.
I also don't like anime, but love fantasy fiction.
I can't say that I have read much scifi, well a little. I love the Uglies.
Anyway, if you have any questions, ask away. PM me if you need anything.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:39 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

TheFreeman wrote:Howdy, i am actually two people in a sense, my girlfriend and i, i do most of the posting. We are working together writing a Sci-Fi Post Apocalyptic Story, which for now is called "The Nameless Book", we can't really come up with a true name yet. I myself am a big Sci-Fi and Historical Fiction (20th century, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam ect.....), but, i my gain some enemies saying this, but over all i'm kinda an anti-fantasy and anime person, while on the contrary me GF is so you can like her :D . and i'm really looking for comments and advise on our stories! if you could stop by and say something i would be grateful! Thanks! topic38255.html

Hi Freeman! Welcome to YWS! I'm sure you're gonna love it here.
Historical Fiction? Awesome. I love stories set in WWI and WWII, I'm fascinated by that period of history. Don't worry; I'm not a big fan of fantasy of anime either and over here, we all know eachother's comfort zones and respect that.
I'll be sure to drop by your story and read it; the title sounds promising.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy it on this website.
If you ever need anything, feel free to PM me; but I'm sure you already know that.

I'll be seeing you. *waves.*

Sarah
xxx
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

Make your dreams come true. Don't wish for them, work for them.
— Lilly Singh