z

Young Writers Society

Hello from denj

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:38 am
denj says...

Hello, everyone! I just joined YWS after finding it when I was looking for places for teen authors to share their work on the Web. The Young Writers Society looked like the perfect spot for me! I'm 13 years old and I'm currently working on my first full-length work. Right now it's about 45 pages of size twelve, single-spaced font in MS Word, so it's practically as long as a book. I'm almost done, and it should be right around 50 pages when finished. I'm told I'm an excellent writer for my age, and I humbly agree. Sometimes I amaze myself! :P I look forward to seeing you around and reviewing your work. See ya! :smt039

-Ben
Last edited by denj on Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:55 am
fire_of_dawn says...

Hello, Denj! It's nice to meet you. *shakes hands* Hope to see your work in the forums.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:35 am
Juniper says...

Welcome to YWS! You really did just join the perfect place. Nice to meet you. 45 pages in size twelve? Wow, that's pretty good. Is this for NaNoWriMo, or just a piece of work you are working on?

By the way I'm June; if you need anything, feel free to PM me; I can always review anything of yours for you if you like.

We have a 2:1 policy here; you have to review at least two pieces of work before you post something of yours. That adds to the fun, because seeing other peoples work personally helps me become a better writer-- not that I am anywhere near good.

I look forward to seeing you around here! Take care! -tips hat-

Au revoir!
June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:47 am
Bleeding Rose says...

Hello and welcome to YWS! I'm sure that we are all very happy and eager to welcome another member the family into our humble home! :D I am looking foward to reading your future works and good luck on finishing your book!
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

21 Reviews

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:23 am
denj says...

Thank you all for your warm welcomes! I certainly didn't expect so many replies so soon! Wow! I just finished the story I mentioned in my first post, and it is now 48 pages. I'm not exactly sure about all that you guys do here on YWS for NaNoWriMo. Could you tell me more? And actually, I didn't even know that November was National Novel Writing Month when I began my novel(la). It's only 25,000 words, so it's not quite a full-length novel. It started out as a school assignment, but evolved into the veritable book that it is now! It's going to take my teacher quite a while to read! :P

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:26 am
fire_of_dawn says...

NaNo is a challenge to write a novel of 50,000 words in a month. It's geared towards novelists, but they also have challenges for poetry and script writing.

21 Reviews

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:31 am
denj says...

Ah, thank you! I guess mine's a good deal too short, but I wrote it only 5 days. (Yep, you heard right. Five days.) :P I guess I'll have to wait until next year to have another go at it!

I'm going to post my story in the Advanced Critiques forum once I've accumulated 500 points and had my editor review the story. (In case you're wondering, my editor is my mom :P )

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:47 am
Demeter says...

Hello, denj! Welcome to YWS!

I found this place in the same way than you did, and I'm really happy I did. I've always been an aspiring writer, so it was great to find a place with other people like that.

Wow, I can't wait to read your work! I wish I was as patient as you when it comes to writing... What genre is your book? I was hoping you'd post your story on the regular Literary Forums... ;) I don't know whether my reviews are advanced enough... Maybe I just have to give it a try! Can you contact me when you've posted some of it? It would be nice!

So, what else do you enjoy to do?

Have fun around the site, and PM me with any questions you might have! :) See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:34 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Hello, everyone! I just joined YWS after finding it when I was looking for places for teen authors to share their work on the Web. The Young Writers Society looked like the perfect spot for me! I'm 13 years old and I'm currently working on my first full-length work. Right now it's about 45 pages of size twelve, single-spaced font in MS Word, so it's practically as long as a book. I'm almost done, and it should be right around 50 pages when finished. I'm told I'm an excellent writer for my age, and I humbly agree. Sometimes I amaze myself! I look forward to seeing you around and reviewing your work. See ya!

Hey Denj!

You sound awesome. *High Five*. There. I'm so in awe of your awesomeness that I decided to high five you.

Yep, I sound mad. But in the words of the Chesire Cat, "We're all mad here." :wink:

Haha; anyway, I agree with Demeter. You sound incredibly patient when it comes to writing. And excellent as well? It seems we have a young prodigy on our hands.

Feel free to PM me for anything.

See you round!

Sarah
xxx
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

21 Reviews

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:33 am
denj says...

"In awe of my awesomeness?" and, "a prodigy?" I'm flattered! :P

And I don't know if I'd really call myself a patient writer, I just force myself to start writing and I stop when the flow of ideas stops. However, I was under the gun for my latest and first project, "To Run with Wolves," which is the story I mentioned. You can find it in the Historical Fiction forum.

Anyway, thanks a ton for the warm welcome! I hope to see you around the forums!
-denj
Take it easy.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:37 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice