z

Young Writers Society

Hey everyone!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:47 pm
Dominique says...

edit
Last edited by Dominique on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:56 pm
Stori says...

Welcome aboard, Dominique. May I call you Don?

Now, don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already. If you get lost, PM either me or one of the mods. They're the folks with red names.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:24 pm
LowKey says...

Silly Kyte-man, mods are green. Admins are the red ones, though they’re good for questions, too. Welcome to YWS, Dom! What sort of things do you write, usually? I'll try to look at your piece later today. Can’t wait to see it. Don’t tend to do well with poetry, but if you ever need a crit, I’m just a PM away. :)

Can’t wait to see you around the site!
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:52 pm
Dominique says...

edit
Last edited by Dominique on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:06 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Welcome Dominique.
I'm sure you'll like it here, it's quite addicting.
PM me if you have a question or just randomly feel like it.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:08 am
Demeter says...

Heya Dominique!

Welcome aboard! Hopefully you enjoy your time here, take time to read the rules and whatnot.

So what kind of things do you write?

I'm sorry I'm not saying anything else, but I really should leave to school now. And yes, it's only 8 am here. I'll see you around, and PM me if you need anything!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:18 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello there! Welcome to YWS!

I'm Mizz IceBerg, PM me if you ever need help with something.
So tell us more about yourself. Any specific genres that you prefer? Horror, fantasy, mystery, romance?
What kind of music are you into? Food?
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:55 am
Chirantha says...

Hello, Dominique. I'm Chirantha.

Welcome to YWS. :D

And, as everyone say, you should read the rules and regulations given by the almighty Nate (The site administrator)

Well, hope to be seeing you around.

Good luck. :D
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:38 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hey Dom :)
Already discovered the Writer’s Corner and everything? I’m impressed. When I first got here it was quite a while before I looked around enough to find any places apart from the literary forum :P Not that it’s hard, I’m just lazy… Of course, I unfortunately wasn’t very active immediately after I joined. Too bad for me. I missed out on a lot.

But you are in for the ride of your writing life. This site is incredible, thanks to the ever-so-talented Mr. Nate, who’s constantly looking for things he can improve.

In order to help our industrious moderators out, it’d be great if you’d check out the FAQ for new users. It does have a few little rules you should be aware of—so the mods don’t have to send you one of their little reminders if you accidentally break one :P And besides that, it’s just helpful for general navigation around the site.

Haha, I have the same problem with novels that you do, always stopping after a few chapters. It’s not only because I’m too critical though, with me; I have real trouble motivating myself to work on it. I’ve pretty much decided novel writing isn’t my cup of tea. Good luck with yours though!

And hey, if you want review or anything, help with story ideas, etc., or of course if you have a question, PM me anytime. :)

Welcome to the site!!!!

-Adna
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:51 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome to the YWS family. I hope that this site is to your taste and that you are liking it here. Check out the Rules and you'll be doing great. If you have any questions, PM me.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:49 pm
Gahks says...

Hey Dominique, this is Gahks!

Welcome! Pleased to meet you! *handshake* I like books that make you think too: Atonement by Ian McEwan is a really good example. I see you enjoy action and adventure fiction - maybe crime, like me? What's your story idea about? I absolutely love reading and writing poetry: I'm currently getting through Seamus Heaney's books and he's a fantastic poet. How about you, do you do poetry? Do you have any other hobbies or interests? Me, I like cycling, public speaking and modern languages.

If you'd like to post your artwork on the Art & Photography forum, please feel free to do so. I'm sure we'd all love to see it!

Any questions or if you're lost, just PM me.

See you around! Look forward to reviewing some of your work!

Gahks

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.
— William Shakespeare