z

Young Writers Society

Guten Tag!

Reviews: 1
Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:23 am
Enigmatic_Penguin says...

Hi everybody. :)

I joined this site in hopes of refining my ideas so they actually be put in story form. :P

I have a huge interest in the sciences and social studies (History,economics, geography etc.) and enjoy a great standing in my school. I also try to stay up to date in technology (As you can see by my avatar, I'm a Linux user)

I hope that staying here will help my writing skills, and that I'll make some friends along the way.

Thanks everyone for checking this out,
~EP

PS~ Is using the blog feature as a way to organize story updates?
Last edited by Enigmatic_Penguin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:28 am
Reuben A says...

Heloooooo Penguin!
rules.php
All you have to do before you post anything, is to check the rules and regulations out. If you've done that, you can start writing! What genre do you write?
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:32 am

Believe me, I follow the rules. :P

Anyway, I focus mainly on fiction. However, due to me methodical nature, every time I have ideas I need to have an outline of everything, and that is where I usually get lost >.<

An example of this would be getting a great idea, but then spending 2 hours in paint trying to create a map of the world where this would happen in... and then end up just getting rid of it.

So... I actually have no material. But, it would be fair to state that if my thoughts are all planned out, I can write... lol, I remember my 43 page Egypt report from last year. All typed. Yeah.

Anyway, I apologize for this sudden flush of info. And I thank you for replying.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:02 pm
Kaylyn says...

I write alot of fiction also. I see that the others have provided you with the Rules and Regluations link. Check them out and you'll be fine.
I also love History. Although Geogrphy might be another matter. :)
Pm me if you have any questions, want to chat, or want a review.
Well, I'll see ya round the forums,
Good luck with your writing.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:16 pm
Emerson says...

Welcome to the forum!

About the blogs: you can use the blogs for whatever you want, but if you're asking if you should post your story there, I probably wouldn't. You have a better chance of getting comments in the actual thread. :)

If you have any other questions feel free to Pm me or anyone else in Green. I'm a thorough outliner too, so I can somewhat feel your pain, although I generally don' draw maps, haha. You have to keep the idea clear in the outline and not spoil the writing. It's a delicate balance, ja?
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:20 pm

Ja :P

Thank you all for your comments; this is a really nice community. :D

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:36 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:22 pm

I personally like Fantasy Fiction and books that make you think about history, politics, and human nature.I really enjoy George Orwell's book.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:13 am
kloka says...

welcome,
I think history, science and english are cool and I really enjoy them,
not so keen on social studys though,
but then again we do have a really evil teacher,
have to go,
see ya

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:12 am

kloka wrote:welcome,
I think history, science and english are cool and I really enjoy them,
not so keen on social studys though,
but then again we do have a really evil teacher,
have to go,
see ya

Nice to meet ya.

By Social Studies, I was trying to combine history, politics, and economics. Unfortunately, I have to do the last 2 by myself... ah well, at least there are lots of people here that actually get what I talk about.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:26 pm
Demeter says...

Well, hallo und willkommen!

Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Hahaha. I'm Demeter (nice to meet you!). I just started my German studies this autumn, and I feel like I already know something :)

I've actually already seen you around the forums, great that you're so active! Just get those reviews started and you'll have lots of fancy stars... ;)

Nice to know that you feel comfortable here. But not for long – mwahahaha! No. Just kidding. Or was I?

I'm sorry, I have to stop before I get too rambly. I tend to do that at times.

So, I'll see you! PM me if you need anything!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:00 pm
Stori says...

Another penguin, my goodness! Welcome aboard, EP. I promise you won't regret coming here. :wink:

Besides writing and school, what do you like to do? Are you online often?

Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:42 am

Kyte wrote:Another penguin, my goodness! Welcome aboard, EP. I promise you won't regret coming here. :wink:

Besides writing and school, what do you like to do? Are you online often?

That is the problem; I don't really get a chance to do anything else.

From 7:30 to 5 I'm busy at school, and then I'm usually out of it.

So I spend the rest of my day doing any other homework and housework, and then I just go on the comp or read.

Quite sad when I start to think about it :(

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix