z

Young Writers Society

Hello from cooldude19967

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:21 am
cooldude19967 says...

Hello Young Writers Society! I'm cooldude19967, and I'm extreamly happy to be here. It was only recently that I picked up on the fact that I actually enjoyed writing, up until maybe 2 months ago I would only write when forced to for a school progect. I've been told I'm pretty good at it for my age, and with the encoragement of my friends I've started up a couple of progects, but the problem I've been having is that with my friends they won't say anything bad about my work, so I can't improve at all! It got to be extreamly frusterating, as I don't know anyone else who would be willing to critic me at all. My dad suggested checking out a website, but I found out that it was for poetry, an to be honest, I couldn't write poetry if I tryed, which I've had to at times for school. So I did a little shopping around, you you came out as the best site I could find. Nice job, on the set up by the way, it's really easy to get around! Anyways, that's basically why I'm here. I do hope to read some of your stories out there, and look forwards to having some goood times on this site!

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:39 am
Trident says...

Welcome cooldude!

I think you'll find that YWS is definitely the best place around to help you with your writing. Make sure to keep an open mind about criticism and you'll benefit a lot here.

This really is one of the best little corners of the Internet I've encountered.
Perception is everything.

66 Reviews

Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:44 am
cooldude19967 says...

So far, I'd have to agree!
I've already looked around at bit at someother stories, and I'm sort of astounded. I seem to be one of the youngest writers here! In the 5 stories I've read so far none of the authors was under 18! Is that the average age on this site? I'm just curious!
Ready and willing to rip your work to shreds! (That is if you want it) Check out my "will review for food" thread.

topic42969.html

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:19 am
rubberduck says...

Haha. No no.
And the average is... hmm.... your age, 16, 17... Yup. Around there. :D

Anyway, welcome to YWS! :)

Please read the 'Rules and Guides' in the 'Help and Support' section if you haven't done so yet. ^^

It'll help you answer and questions you may have about the site and well, erm... tell you the rules. :)

Hope you have a great time on this site then!

PM me if you need any help or just want me to give you a review for a story you wrote or something. :D
Oh yes. PM me for a chat if ya want to. :)
I love meself a good ol' chat.

Haha.

Seeya 'round!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:48 am
Squall says...

Hehe. Welcome to YWS. Yeah that happens with those that aren't into the craft. It's probably because they do not know what's wrong with the piece or that they can't be bothered looking at it in more detail. Anyway, welcome. What genre do you write in?
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

66 Reviews

Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:11 pm
cooldude19967 says...

Thanks! I've read all of the rules and guildlines already, you've got it set up on a sticky on everyboard so it's sort of hard to ignore. I write scripts at the moment, currently I'm trying to get one I've done on Midsummer Night's Dream on this site. I think it'll take forever though because it's rather long, at least to my standards, and with the recommended max at 1500 words a week it'll take about 10 weeks. I read fantasy, historical fiction, and fanfiction, but I'll read almost anything but horror and sci-fiction.
Ready and willing to rip your work to shreds! (That is if you want it) Check out my "will review for food" thread.

topic42969.html

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:39 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla.

P.S: Thanks for reading the Curse.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:03 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome abord to the YWS crew.
Hehe
YWS certainly tells you the truth. At the same time they are [mostly] supportive too. You'll definately get honest opinions. Your writing will improve as mine did. I can't wait to see what you can come up with. See ya round the forums.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

66 Reviews

Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:07 am
cooldude19967 says...

Honest opinions are what I'm looking for, unfortuntly, not mny people read scripts so I've only gotten one reveiw. I'd apprecite if any of you would give it a look. And yes, I know about the ratio and will make sure I keep to it, although I suspect that won't be a problem, I reveiw alot.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:06 am
casey_kent says...

Welcome to YWS!

Yes, YWS is an AWESOME site. That's a fact.

Anyway, have you read the rules of the site? If you haven't, it's located on the Help & Support wiki on the header. Also, if you haven't read the Faq, please try to read it. It'll help you a lot.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

~Casey the AWESOME

P.S.
I would just like to remind you that this IS a writing site. We have to observe correct grammar, correct pronunciation and the like. Please keep that in mind. :D
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

66 Reviews

Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:21 pm
cooldude19967 says...

Yes, thanks for that. I'm a bit sloppy in my typing sometimes. I'll try to keep it neat. And yes, as everyone's asked I have read the rules. In several different places actually. Is there a certain rule that you guys notice I'm breaking, and that's why your still posting, or is this just something you make sure that everyone new gets pounded into their head? Thanks again though.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:44 am
casey_kent says...

No, not really but we have to make sure that everyone follows the rules. I forgot to tell you this but there is a rule that states you at least have to keep a 2:1 review post ratio.

If you need help, just PM me.

~Casey
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:59 pm
Demeter says...

Welcome, cooldude!

It's great that you've been so active already! So many reviews! You'll be fine here :) Isn't this just an awesome site? There is, however, a danger to become addicted. So I suggest you beware.

There are lots of over-18s here in YWS, but there are also amazing writers that are only 13 or 14. And I think I can say "only" 14, even though it says there I'm 15, which I am, but I'll be 16 very, very soon. Did that make any sense? :D But I think it's nice that there are so many people of different age. You don't really notice the age differences, though! ;)

Hey, where's your avatar? :)

Anyways, I hope that you're having fun on the site. I'll see you around. And you can PM me with any questions or anything at all.

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

66 Reviews

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:26 am
cooldude19967 says...

I know, I have issues with becoming adicted to sites, so I've set a time limit on myself with this one. Un/fortunatly, it's been failing, whichi s why I've been so active. I haven't really noticed much age difference either now that I've been around the site a bit. As for my avatar... well, I've never really been on a site where you can have one, so I don't know what to put. I feel like it should be representative of me in someway, and I don't want to put anything lame on before then. Thanks for the offer, I will.

topic42969.html

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:16 am
Demeter says...

Ah, that's a good reason. And besides, you have plenty of time to think about that. :)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo