z

Young Writers Society

Just me...

Reviews: 2
Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:56 pm
BumbleBear says...

Hi, I'm Sherylee.

Umm.. I dunno what to write here really, but I'll just list a few things about myself.

1) I'm known to be a really shy person. (As in so shy that in the first few weeks of
8th grade I would go through a day without saying a word to anyone.)

2) I am a perfectionist. When I'm in a bad mood the things I do have to be perfect
or it makes me really frustrated. (And that's frustrating. Good thing I'm not
often in such a bad mood:)

3) I LOVE to laugh. I know it sound stupid, but I just have to crack up every now and
then. If there's nothing to laugh about, I make something to laugh about. :)

4) I am really not fond of romance. I can honestly say I don't like all that mushy stuff.

5) I absolutely LOVE to read. I like to read mysteries, fiction, anything really, just
not horrors and romantic stories.

6) I'm going to 10th grade in 2 months.

7) I'd like to tour Europe and New Zealand and I'd also like to live in Germany for a few
months.

8) I'd like to become an accountant.

9) I really like playing piano and making up my own songs. I also just started taking flute
lessons.

10) I can speak only two languages, English and Afrikaans. I'd like to learn to speak
German though.

11) I live in South Africa. A lot of people kind of 'look down' on the people which live in S.A,
but I am just a normal person. I just have to say that I do not live in a shack or grass-roof
hut. I live in a perfectly normal house and city. (People once asked my grandparents how they
can live in the wilderness like that. Just want to tell you that's not true.)

12) I have brown hair, I'm white and I have brown eyes.

13) I really don't like Sponge bob or Star Wars.

14) I don't like it if someone is a show off.

15) I help out at a after school center so I am usually extremely busy.

16) I'm really not into fancy fashions. I like wearing denim skirts and t-shirts and that's it.

I'd better stop now before I bore you. :)

So...
That's me!

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:19 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome to YWS!
So your from South Africa, thats great. I have a friend on this site thats from there too.
Just check out the Rules and Guidelines and you'll be doing great.
I also speak 2 languages, but they are English and spanish.
Can't wait to see your works and posts. I'd love to read them.
So, if you have any questions, or just want to chat, PM me and I'll help you out!
See ya around!
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:35 pm
Clo says...

Hey BumbleBear! Your username is so cute sounding.

You're going to love it here at YWS. It's such an amazing community for young writers - there's a lot of support and advice. I feel like I've grown so much as a writer during my time here, merely from receiving reviews and writing them (analyzing other people's works helps you improve your own! Serious!).

The community forums are fun, the chat room is occasionally open - and there are many people to PM if you have questions! I'm an instructor, and so always here to review.

That's awesome that you play the piano. I love the piano, but I've never learned how to play it and I really wish I had. Oh well. That's a cool hobby to have though. And South Africa! I don't know anyone from there - very cool. YWS is hitting up all the countries. ;)

Enjoy your time here!

~ Clo :)
How am I not myself?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:34 pm
Reuben A says...

I'm from South-Africa too! And, Ironically, my first language is Afrikaans! In What province are you? I'm in Gauteng, about to go to high school. Oh yes...PM me if you need anything, and before you post anything check out the rules and guidlins: rules.php
Ek dink ons is die eenigste mense hier wat afrikaans kan praat...YAY!! :D :P :D :P
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:19 am
miyaviloves says...

Ah what a cute username!

Welcome to the YWS!!!

I would suggest you keep looking around these community forums as there is a lot of information about the site that you will find interesting :)

If you ever need any help feel free to PMme and I will be happy to help out :)

Meevs
x!
Bag.

Got YWS?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:01 pm
Seraphania says...

Ooooh, SA, eh? I haven't been there myself, but a few of my friends are from there. I've been living in Asia for almost eight years, so I totally get the stupid questions....the first think people ask me is if I eat a lot of fortune cookies....which are nonexistent in China. >.<

I'd love to visit SA someday...heard it's really cool. Or you come to Chinaaaa. Anyways, welcome. :D
Novel Wordcount: 58,001 words

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:07 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:13 pm
Demeter says...

Hi, Sherylee!

Your name is really beautiful. As well as your username, it's cute :)

Wow! South Africa! I'd love to go there someday, or Africa all the same. I'd like to go to Tanzania, because I've heard that's where the Lion King takes place. ;) And Africa seems so interesting!

By the way... how is the word "favourite" spelled in Africa? Is it "favorite" or "favourite"? I know I'm interested in strange stuff. :D

I play the piano, too. I do like it, but my mom is always nagging at me that I don't practice enough... It's true, though, so I guess I just have to blame myself.

Which genres do you write, then? What's your favourite book?

Hopefully you'll enjoy your time in YWS. You can PM me if you have any troubles etc.

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

I love south african accents, they sound so cool! Anywho, I'd love to read some of your work, PM me if you want me to review anything, I really need to get going on that. I'm Jade, or you can call me silver, lots of people do.
I have absolutely no musical talent, but I never cease to be awed by people who do. :]
lots of love.
-jade.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:45 pm
Reuben A says...

By the way... how is the word "favourite" spelled in Africa? Is it "favorite" or "favourite"? I know I'm interested in strange stuff.

Favourite.
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:03 pm
Kaylyn says...

So your from South Africa, thats great. I have a friend on this site thats from there too.

See, he's already greeted you, because that Friend is....Reuban A.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

Sometimes poetry is inspired by the conversation entered into by reading other poems.
— John Barton