Young Writers Society

*taps microphone*

Reviews: 1
Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:11 am
savingewoks says...

Uh.
Hi.

I'm Nathan.
Second year university student, studying English with a concentration on Creative Writing.
It's pretty stellar.

I've almost complete my first novel, and I've written several dozen short stories.
My friend encouraged me to sign up here, so I did.
yay me.

I love sci-fi.

and.
yeah.
that's me in a nutshell.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:16 am
Meshugenah says...

And so modest, too! :P And I didn't encourage you! You found this place on your own. And then found out I'm here, too.

Read the rules, or I bite *Nods*

Also! Scifi wins. Need more scifi. Yes.

Anyhoo. Have fun, don't break anything, and you're already started asking me questions, so we're good on that front!

Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:18 am
savingewoks says...

hehe.

biting bekah!

yay alliteration!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:49 am
Clo says...

Hey Savingewoks! First off - AMAZING username! It's just adorable.

Second, you're going to love it here at YWS. It's such an amazing community for young writers - there's so much support and advice. I feel like I've grown so much during my time here, merely from receiving reviews and writing them (analyzing other people's works helps you improve your own! Serious!).

The community forums are fun, the chat room is occasionally open - and there are many people to PM if you have questions! I'm an instructor, and so always here to review. :wink:

Anyway, what about YOU? What kind of stuff do you write? Poetry, fiction? What's your favorite genre?

Enjoy your time here!

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:58 am
savingewoks says...

Thanks for the username comment.
I try to use only a couple around the internet, and that is one of them. Those damn Imperials and their Ewok Xenocide!

anyhoo...

I'm a prose kinda guy.
Now don't get me wrong, I have been known to write poetry too, but that's usually when I'm bored in class.
I write Science-Fiction, mostly.
I've written a few "plain fiction" also. Like, when I was in high school, I had this epic project that I never managed to finish, but it was a collection of shorts stories about kids in high school. You know, all the stereotypes, all the "major players" for each stereotype. It went into how they really felt - the cheerleader who was doubted herself, the cocky goth kid, the emo girl who got beat when she went home. It was pretty cool. But it kinda ran out of steam...the whole "ideas are a dime a dozen" thing. Have you ever thought about that saying? that means that it's just under $0.01 per idea. hmph. So yeah. I mostly write sci-fi. My novel is about an orphan who travels across the galaxy, kills a bunch of aliens, meets a planetary dictator, then fights a dragon. I'm trying to fit vampires in there, but that may work into a different story.

I also have a few projects inspired by my Early Brit Lit class - i turned a set of 17th century love sonnets into an action science fiction story.

so yeah.
I'm all across the board.

anyways.
Writing and science-fiction are the two things that I'm the most passionate about.
so that's my life, in a nutshell.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:46 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome to YWS!
Hehe, so I see you have already made friends on this site. As Meshugenah has said, check out the rules, and have fun. In that order. :)
Well, if you have any questions, need any reviews, or just want to chat, PM me. I'll be glad to help.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:33 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

I think the best thing about making it into the quote generator is when nobody tells you, so one day you're just scrolling and voila, some phenomenally inane thing that crawled out of your dying synapses and immediately regretted being born the second it made contact with the air has been archived for all time. Or worse, a remark of only average inanity. Never tell me when you've put me in the generator. Pride-tinged regret just doesn't taste the same without the spice of surprise.
— SirenCymbaline